Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Minor update to ORK: standard BA rules do not apply (otherwise nobody would get in as there is no oneworld service from ORK!)

Access is for BAEC Gold/Silver travelling on EI to LHR (no guest), although in practice they would probably accept it to other EI destinations too. EI Gold Circle cardholders plus one guest, both to be on the same EI flight, are allowed too.

Priority Pass and €25 pay on the door are still valid.

Snacks now consist of fresh pastries as well as crisps and cheese. Wine, beer, and spirits are all served.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
LISBON: Blue Lounge....quite a distance from the departure gates for UK....(it is located close top Gate 14 and this is before passport control) and departure for us to LHR was gate 42.

Small, reasonable though, although no doubt nightmare when busy. Good points - the wicked Custard Tarts and the Tawny Port
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Milan MXP Galleries

Anyone know please, the current opening hours of the MXP Galleries lounge ?

The info says closing time is @ 19.00 but the last flight of the day is at 21.00.

Has anyone used that lounge for the last flight of the day recently ?

Also as on Sunday there are only two flights per day, does the lounge shuts for a while during the day ?

Many thanks
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:40 am

BA Galleries Lounge at MXP

BA has closed their Galleries Lounge at MXP, not sure if they are now planning to reopen it when the refurbishment of MXP Terminal 1 is complete.

BA Now uses the ViaMilano Sala Montale, located in the new C pier. BA aircrafts also leave from that pier now and no longer from the B pier.

This is a shared lounge used by all the airlines leaving from the C pier but Emirates (who have their own lounge) It is also used by CX and AA.

Food and drinks seem to be exactly like before but the lounge is much larger and more modern.

I am afraid I have no pictures to share.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by abfab80
BA has closed their Galleries Lounge at MXP, not sure if they are now planning to reopen it when the refurbishment of MXP Terminal 1 is complete.
That's surprising, as the lounge was refurbished a year or so ago. Where BA know that a lounge is closing or airport/terminal move is happening, they don't typically refurbish lounges (eg. the Terraces lounges at IST and TXL).
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
That's surprising, as the lounge was refurbished a year or so ago. Where BA know that a lounge is closing or airport/terminal move is happening, they don't typically refurbish lounges (eg. the Terraces lounges at IST and TXL).
They cut the flights down to two daily, the area where the lounge was is under refurbishment, so who knows they might open a new one in time for the Expo next year if the number of flights will increase again
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by abfab80
They cut the flights down to two daily, the area where the lounge was is under refurbishment, so who knows they might open a new one in time for the Expo next year if the number of flights will increase again
Malpensa is becoming a white elephant for European airlines, they simply find Linate much more convenient (I agree too).
I don't know if they'll refurbish the lounge or not, maybe they could give the place to QR or CX and simply stay in the Sala Montale.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Malpensa is becoming a white elephant for European airlines, they simply find Linate much more convenient (I agree too).
I don't know if they'll refurbish the lounge or not, maybe they could give the place to QR or CX and simply stay in the Sala Montale.
+1
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BUD - Platinum Lounge:

It got crowded pretty quickly and the wifi is not the best (login/password at the desk). Views of the tarmac are nice though but having to leave the lounge for the bathroom isn't good.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Ah, good old Unicum. Just what you need after a hefty goulash!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Prospero
VRN Verona
I'm in the lounge now. Some observations.

WiFi is woefully slow. I did a test on speedtest.net. It maxed out at 1.5-MBps

No sandwiches. No heated snacks. Pastries (croissant or chocolate croissant) come plastic wrapped.

Beers are Birra Moretti or Becks.
No Pepsi dispenser, but Coke is available in glass bottles from the fridge. Some prefer Coke from glass bottles rather than can or plastic.

No champagne as listed on the lounge guide, but there is a solitary bottle of Prosecco on display. I think it might be purely for display though, otherwise it would be in the fridge with the white wine, surely?
Spirits are limited to Gordon's Gin, Jack Daniels and an unidentified white Italian spirit, possibly Grappa.

The espresso is good.
Rai Uno is permanently on the telly.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping notice

GOA, ORY, OTP, MXP, TRN, and VRN updated. MLA added
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Good stuff here, love how this is more up to date than One World's site which says that the OW lounge is in T5 when BA, AY & AB all use T2 and use the Menzies lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Hi,

I shall be on the inaugural OPO-LHR on Sunday. Anyone know which lounge (if any) will be available to me?

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Hi,

I shall be on the inaugural OPO-LHR on Sunday. Anyone know which lounge (if any) will be available to me?

Thanks!
There is a business class lounge at OPO called the Airport Lounge. I'd wager a small bowl of olives BA will have an arrangement in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.