Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
In Naples there is now a 3rd Part VIP Lounge that you can use. It is the one here http://www.portal.gesac.it/portal/pa...tili/VipLounge and is just next to the Alitalia Lounge, I have used it twice in the last couple of months.

Pretty basic but not too busy.The second time they had some Prosecco out and as I was helping myself to a glass was accosted by someone trying to sell me a case of it and it was really quite a hard sell and made me feel a little uncomfortable when she started saying it didn't matter how many bottles I bought because she got her commission on the number of new customers, not the number of bottles sold.

Tea, coffee, beer, wine. No bubbles unless someone is in there doing a hard sell. Free WiFi but is a pig to set up, they text an access code to your phone once you have registered online.

Some nice comfy recliners, loos and a shower. It is a bit of a long walk from the lounge to the BA gate and then a bus so make sure you leave enough time as lounge staff not too bothered!

Ed
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:40 am
Suspended

I know some will disagree on principle but is it worth adding which of these lounges offer a smoking area? The IB MAD T4B one, for example?

Also worth noting that the champagne @ the NCE contract lounge is usually on request.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
I know some will disagree on principle but is it worth adding which of these lounges offer a smoking area? The IB MAD T4B one, for example?

Also worth noting that the champagne @ the NCE contract lounge is usually on request.
Very few I suspect. Since I started smoking again the only place I can recall having Silk Cut anywhere other than the pavement was HAM last month. Does the BA lounge at FCO still have a smoking section?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by BA235
Very few I suspect.
There's a place to be avoided in the E dock at ZRH near the Panorama contract lounge that BA offers.

There's another one by the baggage carousels on arrival at ZRH.

ETA: I've just found this which says there are 22 smokers' lounges at ZRH : http://www.zurich-airport.com/deskto...spx/tabid-153/

What is it about the Swiss and their tolerance for cancer tubes? Das Schweizer Volk recently rejected enhanced tobacco restrictions in a let's-vote-for-the-status-quo referendum.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera

This information is included wherever smoking areas are known to exist although this is largely reliant on the lounge reports posted by others or in the case of contract lounges, data sourced from the Priority Pass website.

If I recall correctly, smoking is now outlawed inside Spanish airports which is why reference to smoking rooms was dropped in the latest iteration of the MAD and BCN lounge cards.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 26, 2013 at 2:53 pm
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Miles and More Frequent Traveler, IHG Platinum
Does anyone have any more info on the lounges in prague and vienna? As I will shortly be flying CE from both of them. I have previously been in the prague lounge when flying another airline and found it to be outdated with a disgraceful offering of food and moravian wine, which can be best described as unpleasant. Could anyone tell me if it has been updated and any impressions on the vienna lounge would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks as always

the flying student
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...iscussion.html

Bear with me while I dig out the link to Genius1's VIE lounge report. I'll be back....

.... And here you go, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16889179-post4.html
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Miles and More Frequent Traveler, IHG Platinum
Ah yes thanks very much for digging that out for me. Dosen't look as if thy have renovated the lounge since I was last there but I am sure it will be fine, VIE on the other hand, looks a much better prospect. However, when compared to the high quality of lounges in LHR, it'snot really that impressive. Thanks again prospero for your quick and insightful work! My GF and I are very much looking forward to our trips!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: BAEC, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by Prospero
BRI Bari
No lounge
I am flying CE from LGW to BRI in the next few months and according to my flight details there should be a VIP Sala lounge located at Bari airport.

Can anyone confirm this to be the case, and if so what were your experiences of using it?

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 30, 2013 at 1:27 am Reason: reduce size of quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nautilus
I am flying CE from LGW to BRI in the next few months and according to my flight details there should be a VIP Sala lounge located at Bari airport.

Can anyone confirm this to be the case, and if so what were your experiences of using it?
Good to hear there is a lounge at Bari for BA passengers. I don't have any info on the VIP lounge but I did manage to find a photograph. Please do report back.

source: http://www.aeroportidipuglia.it
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Accor Plat.
In addition to using the lounge at Bari in May I will also be in Bordeaux next month so I'll get to visit this one too.

Quite looking forward to using the Bordeaux lounge as I gather it's possibly one of the worst lounges in Europe. I'll take some photos of it and provide an update on here assuming I'm not too shocked by the experience.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ZRH Panorama Lounge wifi update

One hour wifi - yes, one whole hour - is available free of charge. It seems that it's the airport's wifi.

Well, almost free. You need a code sent as a text to your mobile phone. When this policy was introduced, only Swiss mobiles were eligible. This is now extended to international mobiles.

Codes are not stackable, so if you need more than one hour and want it 'free' or (I think) have two devices, you need a separate mobile with a different number.

This is the procedure for the Panorama Lounge for the E gates. I imagine it is similar in the Swiss lounges for the B gates.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:47 am
Original Poster

New ZRH lounge

Yesterday BA announced a new lounge at ZRH for BA (and oneworld) passengers

Your customers are able to enjoy a more relaxing, more comfortable and altogether more contemporary experience when they visit the new Business Class Lounge for oneworld customers at Zurich airport..

As part of our ongoing commitment to provide your customers with the best possible experience before they fly, we opened a brand new lounge at Zurich in March 2013. This new lounge is located in the heart of the terminal with easy access to the extensive shopping area and Terminal B departure gates. British Airways has been closely involved throughout the design of the new lounge to ensure your customers can unwind in style and comfort, featuring:

Extensive range of tasty snacks and delicious food in the restaurant
  • Wine Corner serving fine wines
  • Latest-generation Sony with complimentary Wi-Fi connection
  • Work facilities including printer, scanner and copier
  • Comfortable seating for 100 customers
  • Top design furnishings in the finest new fabrics
  • Three large walls of art to create an inspiring atmosphere
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Delighted, but my last three returns from ZRH (over the last 8 months) have all been from the E gates!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the new lounge The Zurich Lounge - http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/?

In recent times, I've arrived at B (or E) gates but only departed from E.

Is there a pattern of which BA flights use the B gates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.