Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

PRG Menzies Aviation Lounge review and discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 7:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

PRGT1
Prague Ruzyne Airport

Menzies Lounge

• Terminal 1, airside, take escalator up one level

Opening hours
  • Daily, 05:30 to 22:30

Access entitlement
  • Standard BAEC and oneworld rules apply
  • Priority Pass

Food and beverages
  • Selection of fresh cakes, muffins, pâtisserie, and warm savoury filled croissants
  • Crispbread discs with butter, pate, Laughing Cow cheese stocked in the refrigerator. Jams are laid out on the counter
  • Prepackaged chocolate filled croissants, Czech biscuits, crisps, and peanuts. Instant soup in a variety of flavours
  • A good selection of complimentary beers (Staropramen, Pilsner Urquell), small bottles of wine, spirits (including Becherovka), and juices. Coca Cola, Coca Cola Light, Sprite, Fanta, and tonic water dispensed by post mix machine
  • A selection of teas and coffee machine that also dispenses hot chocolate
  • Champagne: Czech

Entertainment and business facilities
  • Free WiFi. Service provider does interrupt your reading at five minute intervals, returning your browser screen to its home page
  • Flat screen television
  • PCs with internet connection
  • Several magazine counters (Business Traveller, Reader's Digest, Highlife, High Life Shop etc) and UK and International newspapers are stocked opposite reception

Other facilities
  • Washrooms and shower facilities within the lounge
  • Prague power ballads play quietly in the background. During my visit I was treated to Nena's 99 Luftballons, Opus's 1985 feet stomping classic, Live is Life and a Czech rendition of Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart

Seating
  • Leather upholstered chairs and bench seats. Comfortable for a short stay in the lounge

Images

Prospero, 2011

Data last verified: April 2011
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Last time I was there the wi-fi was atrocious - very slow and regularly kicked me off. Has it been improved?

Also there is a distinct lack of power sockets. Oh and the chairs are not very comfortable.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
PRGT1
Prague Ruzyne Airport

Menzies Lounge

• Terminal 1, airside, take escalator up one level

Opening hours
  • Daily, 05:30 to 22:30

Access entitlement
  • Standard BAEC and oneworld rules apply
  • Priority Pass

Food and beverages
  • Selection of fresh cakes, muffins, pâtisserie, and warm savoury filled croissants
  • Crispbread discs with butter, pate, Laughing Cow cheese stocked in the refrigerator. Jams are laid out on the counter
  • Prepackaged chocolate filled croissants, Czech biscuits, crisps, and peanuts. Instant soup in a variety of flavours
  • A good selection of complimentary beers (Staropramen, Pilsner Urquell), small bottles of wine, spirits (including Becherovka), and juices. Coca Cola, Coca Cola Light, Sprite, Fanta, and tonic water dispensed by post mix machine
  • A selection of teas and coffee machine that also dispenses hot chocolate
  • Champagne: Czech

Entertainment and business facilities
  • Free WiFi. Service provider does interrupt your reading at five minute intervals, returning your browser screen to its home page
  • Flat screen television
  • PCs with internet connection
  • Several magazine counters (Business Traveller, Reader's Digest, Highlife, High Life Shop etc) and UK and International newspapers are stocked opposite reception

Other facilities
  • Washrooms and shower facilities within the lounge
  • Prague power ballads play quietly in the background. During my visit I was treated to Nena's 99 Luftballons, Opus's 1985 feet stomping classic, Live is Life and a Czech rendition of Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart

Seating
  • Leather upholstered chairs and bench seats. Comfortable for a short stay in the lounge

Images

Prospero, 2011

Data last verified: April 2011
Seems pretty accurate to me - using it weekly if not more as I do. Menzies also have a similar arrangement in T2 (Schengen).

As you may have found given the nice weather this weekend, If it gets sunny outside, those big windows act like an oven, only downside to the place.

If you find yourself in Prague again and fancy a chat all things BAEC over a beer or 2 drop me PM.

PS, for the other poster - power sockets are in the area with the big sofa's and a few dotted around the main lounge area - difficult to spot I must say unless you're looking for them
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Excellent review and great pics ( must have been a quiet moment in the lounge)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the pics... looks a bit like a garden shed to be honest
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Genius1
Thanks for the pics... looks a bit like a garden shed to be honest
Hi,

To be fair, there are showers and although there are no photos the lounge has a good view of the apron and runway. It is a pretty good third party lounge IMHO

Regards
TBS
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Also, it may be worth mentioning that Priority Pass also gets you access to the Crystal Lounge (CSA / Sky Team), which is directly opposite.
This means a) if you have Priority Pass this lounge should be your 2nd choice and b) the lounge doesn't get as busy as you might expect from a Priority Pass lounge.

There seems to be various options for paying for entry, but really its not worth paying for imo.

Also, the WIFI is terrible, but the internet on the desktops isn't too bad.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Has the lounge been refurbished since 2007? I seem to remember it being much blander back then and I did not much care for it.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Has the lounge been refurbished since 2007? I seem to remember it being much blander back then and I did not much care for it.
I would still describe it as bland, but I do seem to recall some kind of refurb taking place last year.
That was before I had lounge access, but I noticed the work being done on my way to the KFC. (Still my 1st choice for dining at PRG )
Old Apr 26, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
wi-fi

Originally Posted by polar_b
Last time I was there the wi-fi was atrocious - very slow and regularly kicked me off. Has it been improved?

Also there is a distinct lack of power sockets. Oh and the chairs are not very comfortable.
It was pretty much unusable when I was there a few weeks ago. There is no special wi-fi for the lounge, it is just the airport's free service. Which is diabolical and doesn't allow email/VPN/etc.

There are ethernet cables available by the PCs, though, which you can plug into and actually get a decent connection.

You're right on the lack of power, too.

Beer selection was Gambrinus and Pilsner Urquell (no Star) last time I was there.

All in all it's one of the least good lounges I've been in, I reckon (and before anyone mentions BOD, at least it has nicer wine )
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
A second wifi network is now available in the lounge with faster and more reliable connections - password available at the desk
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:55 am

Menzies lounge in PRG

Just spent two hour there (5-7pm).
Food offering was awful - no bread / hot pastry or anything to spread butter on. Just some sweet wrapped snacks and strange sweet pastry. To my inquiry the staff just said it's all over (at 5pm..).
use the lounge across the hall if you can.
Ron
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Rond4
Just spent two hour there (5-7pm).
Food offering was awful - no bread / hot pastry or anything to spread butter on. Just some sweet wrapped snacks and strange sweet pastry. To my inquiry the staff just said it's all over (at 5pm..).
use the lounge across the hall if you can.
Ron
IF flying CE from Prague, is there a choice of lounge then? I'm going to be heading back to London late in the eve in January (something like 9pm).
Old Nov 2, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Is it true that access to this lounge is the same as access to the Crystal (CSA) lounge (in terms of airside security)?

I'm flying out of T1 on British Airways tomorrow. I have Delta SkyClub membership which should get me into the CSA lounge, if I can get there airside. But Delta says the CSA lounge is in T2, and it's unclear to me if I can access it from T1. But this thread makes it sound like they are adjacent.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 2, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
There are two lounges accessible to CSA & SkyTeam fliers, one in the Schengen area, one in the non-Schengen area. I never used either as I have flown out of PRG as either an OW or a *A elite, so can't tell you for sure what the deal is as a SkyClub member. It is possible that the T2 lounge is the official CSA lounge (thus open to SkyClub members) while the T1 lounge is contract (it certainly displays a very long list of airlines which can use it). Delta pax would use the Crystal lounge when flying to NYC. I don't know that you will be allowed in the Crystal lounge if you have a SkyClub membership and are flying on BA, it's definitely not a SkyClub and access will be restricted to those flying on the airlines listed at the entrance of the lounge.

FWIW the PRG lounge has had a major cosmetic makeover this summer, likely due to the fact that it is the lounge in use for the Emirates flight. Food when waiting for the morning flight to LHR is still as scarce as described above, might be better later when the Dubai flight leaves. General look and feel of the lounge is much improved, though seating is a bit compressed and the whole place feels like you're a bit boxed in now as the seat backs are very high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.