Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Prospero
BUD Budapest
No longer Ferihegy: now Budapest Ferenc Liszt: let's see if it sticks. Poland pulled a similar musical trick.

P.S. BA should be doing something similar on BA.com. Though probably way too much work for them.

Well done you!!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Another excellent thread!

DUB lounge is on the upper level of T1 airside departures. Turn left after security. It is officially in the old pier C, but it doesn't really exist anymore having been subsumed by the link to the new T2, so might be better described like this.

It doesn't have champagne and the toilets are just outside the door accessed by key code available in the lounge. Rumour is this lounge is being refurbished into a larger DAA lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

DUB updated to reflect the closure of the former bmi lounge - thanks to GoldCircle for the info ^
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
The excellent CX lounge at CDG no longer closes during the afternoon but is instead open all day. So, no need to set foot in that frightful AA dungeon again. Hurrah !
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
Do we have confirmation that the BA lounges at MXP, GVA and IST are Galleries Club lounges, and not Terraces lounges still?

The pictures for these three lounges show the Terraces concept, and I have not read any reports that they have been refurbished yet.
I was in the MXP lounge at the end of October and the lounge seemed to be inbetween a Terrace and a Galleries. The signs said Galleries, behind the reception desk there was a blue light panel similar to the one at the Galleries receptions T5 and T3. Above the main snacks / food island bar there were some Galleries type lamps and also they changed all the seats from Terraces Style to black leather sofas / seats, I think found also on the AMS lounge. They also removed the Terrace fountain. I think the tables were still the old Terraces. Nothing to rave about TBH.

I also read on previous posts that there is now a small airport lounge available at Naples airport. I won't go there until Easter so I might be able to report about that then. At least something better than the previous 25 € vouchers
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC
[QUOTE=Prospero;19756434]DBV Dubrovnik

I was in the Dubrovnik lounge on Sunday.

The lounge seems to have been extended a little (bascially taken over a corridor area), so now there are toilets inside the lounge.

I was given the password for the wifi when I entered (only after asking), although I overheard the couple behind saying that they were told they'd have to pay for it? Seems like you can get it free if you are charming to the lounge staff!

Drinks and food selection was fairly limited, although there was plenty of cold beer. There were plenty of mini bottles of red and white. No reading material in English. Seats look comfy, but really aren't.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M
A small correction / update on BLQ Marconi lounge. Despite BA site and this one saying it provides WIFI for a fee, it's actually FREE (at least as of 29 Dec 12.) The key to using it is to ask for it at the lounge reception. There's a somewhat tricky and deceiving procedure of obtaining it though: just ignore the instructions on the very first page of your browser, once you've connected to the network (about sending an SMS to get a free 2-hr access) and ask for the access code at the reception instead.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Do we have confirmation that the BA lounges at MXP, GVA and IST are Galleries Club lounges, and not Terraces lounges still?

The pictures for these three lounges show the Terraces concept, and I have not read any reports that they have been refurbished yet.
I've confirmed that MXP and GVA are both Galleries Club lounges. Could we source current pictures for these lounges?

However, IST is most definitely still a Terraces lounge, so the name needs changing above. Current pictures in my report linked below.

Also, STR is not operated by BA, it is a contract lounge, despite being in BA Executive Club concept style.

Last edited by Genius1; Dec 30, 2012 at 12:37 pm
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Spot the typo in post 22....

Amssterdam
Old Dec 30, 2012, 4:17 pm

CPH - now it is CPH Apartment lounge where all Oneworld pax sent to... and it is much better and more fresh than Novia (both share same entry area and lounge dragons ).
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pargeo
A small correction / update on BLQ Marconi lounge. Despite BA site and this one saying it provides WIFI for a fee, it's actually FREE (at least as of 29 Dec 12.) The key to using it is to ask for it at the lounge reception. There's a somewhat tricky and deceiving procedure of obtaining it though: just ignore the instructions on the very first page of your browser, once you've connected to the network (about sending an SMS to get a free 2-hr access) and ask for the access code at the reception instead.
Card updated, thank-you Pargeo

I've confirmed that MXP and GVA are both Galleries Club lounges. Could we source current pictures for these lounges?

However, IST is most definitely still a Terraces lounge, so the name needs changing above. Current pictures in my report linked below.

Also, STR is not operated by BA, it is a contract lounge, despite being in BA Executive Club concept style.
IST and STR updated. Thanks Genius1. If anyone has more recent images of the GVA and/or MXP lounges, I'd be very happy to add these.

Originally Posted by stu1985
Spot the typo in post 22....

Amssterdam
Oops! Thank you stu1985. Duly corrected

Originally Posted by vitrysk_kille
CPH - now it is CPH Apartment lounge where all Oneworld pax sent to... and it is much better and more fresh than Novia (both share same entry area and lounge dragons ).
Welcome to FlyerTalk, vitrysk_kille and thank you for this update.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
MXP lounge seemed to be exactly the same as it was 5 years ago

Only difference I could see was that Fruit Juices were not in Individual Small Glass bottles any more and there seemed to be a little less choice at the bar

The "priority pass / global" lounges have in contrast improved
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:18 pm

First of all - thanks for this awesome guide!

wrt the Hugo Junkers Lounge @DUS - there are no showers and even toilets are in a discussable shape.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:27 pm

TXL Terraces now got choice of sect and cava
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
KBP Kyiv lounge and terminal update

BA flights now depart from new terminal D

Airport operated lounge in Terminal D - all details as previously except:

Lounge is airside on the mezzanine floor above departures gate area - turn right or left after passport control, past the duty-free shop (there are two duty-frees, one each side of passport control) then up the stairs.

Salads available in addition to what was available in the terminal F lounge.

Free wifi but need to open browser to complete connection including on tablets, phones etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.