Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory

This is the offering in the new lounge at Heraklion - I started a thread but should have just posted here.
More details:

A quick update from Crete - as recently announced BA are using a third party lounge at Heraklion airport. Invites are issued at check-in and this seems to be a must at the moment. Through security and passports to the non schengen area ( gates b8 to b11) , then up an escalator or lift and along a corridor to the sky serv lounge. A small, well lit but stuffy room and at lunchtime somewhat overcrowded . Good selection of local beers, wines, spirits and local sparkling wine. Food includes sandwiches and local pastries. Good selection of teas, decent coffee machine WiFi with password posted around, faster than the free airport WiFi. No toilets or showers in lounge, no sign of magazines etc.
Prospero likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:50 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by KARFA
No, and not any specific time frame other than summer - which may be optimistic sadly.

Keep an eye on the thread in the AY board for updates https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finn...engen-area.htm
Premium lounge at HEL has now reopened, documented in the thread linked above and with more detail in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finn...vation-26.html
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Gin and Tonic Please
Quick heads up that JMK (Mykonos) now has a lounge. It's small but very nice - decent food and drink from Nammos (swanky beach bar on the island), modern design and lots of power sockets. MUCH better than hanging around the decrepit terminal building.

It's in the domestic terminal building, and is on Priority Pass: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...ing-CIP-Lounge
Note that unfortunately, JMK does not appear on the Priority Pass lounge database any more so I suspect it is no longer accessible that way.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm soon to fly on (I2-operated) IB3725 AMS-MAD, with a 125- ticket.

Thoroughly bored of the BA lounge so wouldn't normally bother getting to Schiphol a minute earlier than necessary, but the
oneworld lounge guide suggests I might be eligible for the Aspire Lounge.

Anyone been in ? Is it worth an hour of my time ?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
Not sure if this is of any interest to anyone, but flying back from Arrecife (ACE) last Saturday, we were given a €10 voucher each to be used at any of the airport eateries (after security), with the exception of Burger King. I know lounge access is better but this is better than nothing! (oh and yeah we were in Club not sure if Golds and Silvers were getting the vouchers)
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ajws_83
Not sure if this is of any interest to anyone, but flying back from Arrecife (ACE) last Saturday, we were given a €10 voucher each to be used at any of the airport eateries (after security), with the exception of Burger King. I know lounge access is better but this is better than nothing! (oh and yeah we were in Club not sure if Golds and Silvers were getting the vouchers)
I've flown out of ACE in Y as a GCH a couple of times and never been given a voucher.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:19 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Didn’t take any photos this morning but there seems to have been a couple of improvements in the lounge offerings at DME since I was last there 3 months ago.

Catering: For the BA236 departure, they had proper hot breakfast offerings. Omelette, bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms and the usual local offerings of pancakes and that horrible fried cheese thing. They also had sliced salmon, salmon sandwiches, roast beef sandwiches, olives, some pastries, cheese, yoghurts, fruit and desserts.

Beverages: Small bottles of fruit juices that I haven’t seen before, wine, beer and a new addition that, again, I haven’t seen, hard liquor. Vodka, Whisky and Dark Rum that could see.

Unfortunately as has has been reported previously, the wi-fi sign up is through your mobile phone.

S
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Didn’t take any photos this morning but there seems to have been a couple of improvements in the lounge offerings at DME since I was last there 3 months ago.

Catering: For the BA236 departure, they had proper hot breakfast offerings. Omelette, bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms and the usual local offerings of pancakes and that horrible fried cheese thing. They also had sliced salmon, salmon sandwiches, roast beef sandwiches, olives, some pastries, cheese, yoghurts, fruit and desserts.

Beverages: Small bottles of fruit juices that I haven’t seen before, wine, beer and a new addition that, again, I haven’t seen, hard liquor. Vodka, Whisky and Dark Rum that could see.

Unfortunately as has has been reported previously, the wi-fi sign up is through your mobile phone.

S
Is this the Navigator lounge? I see from this thread that there is also the S7 lounge. Are both accessible to BA pax (am OWE flying CW), and if so, which would be preferable? More interested in the nicer environment, if there is a difference, less so in food/drink offerings, though that could be a factor if a major difference. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:55 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Is this the Navigator lounge? I see from this thread that there is also the S7 lounge. Are both accessible to BA pax (am OWE flying CW), and if so, which would be preferable? More interested in the nicer environment, if there is a difference, less so in food/drink offerings, though that could be a factor if a major difference. Thanks for any advice.
Yes. This is the Navigator lounge. Have never been in the S7 lounge but I think that may also be a pay for lounge so could get busy.

Have only ever seen the BA lounge extremely busy once and that was last year when the early morning flight went tech so all eligible pax from that plus two afternoon flights were in there otherwise it’s usually quiet.

S
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Prospero
LJU Ljubljana
Route starts 15 July 2019. Lounge provision TBC
Slovenia / Ljubljana / Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport.

I can report on this, BA customers can use the Business Lounge at Brnik Aerodrom, though it isn't mentioned on the oneworld website, or indeed outside the lounge itself. It's right by gate 9 after security and before Schengen emigration. It's upstairs, there doesn't appear to be accessibility options for those who can't use stairs. It's also a Priority Pass lounge, otherwise the usual BA lounge access rules apply. The lounge is operated by Fraport. Contrary to the implied accessed details on the Priority Pass website, you don't need to register before security, the lounge is airside and is staffed permanently.

Fridge with local wines and soft drinks, no spirits

Food and coffee area, with the self serve Laško beer tap at the far end

For the benefit of @Prospero's flashcard, here is some basic information.

LJU
Business Lounge
AIrside, upstairs from near gate 9 after security before Schengen emigration

Opening hours
Open during airport's operating hours

Access options:
Standard BA rules
Priority Pass
Dragon Pass

Food and beverages:
Soup, salad items, wrapped sandwiches, savoury snacks, biscuits, bakery items, fresh fruit.

Local wine and Laško beer (on tap), Coca Cola, Schweppes and Fanta soft drinks, still, sparkling and flavoured water, fruit juices, ice tea. Champagne: none.

For entertainment and business
Free airport wifi (49mb/s download, 5 mb/s upload)
Slovenian, German and English language newspapers
Big screen TV
One PC workstation
Working fax machine

Other information
Toilets inside the lounge
No shower facilities
Stair only access to the lounge.
Prospero and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:13 am

Nice review, on the spot as usual, c-w-s. Decent lounge indeed at Ljubljana and the Laško (a decent crisp, clean & refreshing local lager) on tap is definitely a nice touch.

G
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone know if Silver's get access to the lounge in MPL?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
Does anyone know if Silver's get access to the lounge in MPL?
Yes, Silvers and one guest get access to the Promeo lounge by gate 17 .
PointsPointsPoints likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Thanks for reminding me about Montpellier. A slide has now been added
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:54 pm

Has anyone got any reviews of the lounge at Paphos PFO now that BA has access thanks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.