Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed, the exceptions that I know of are GGLs, Prems and BA/IAG board members, who can guest 1 passenger.
Thanks C-W-S and globalizer. I assume the lap infant can come in... (flying CW or just being allowed....)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Thanks C-W-S and globalizer. I assume the lap infant can come in... (flying CW or just being allowed....)
That should be fine.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
LBA Leeds Bradford
If possible could the information for the LBA Yorkshire Premier Lounge be updated next time it gets done? Entry fee is now £20.00 rather than £17.50. There are no toilets in the lounge and the nearest ones are outside opposite the lounge. Iit may be worth noting that the lounge is split in to two separate parts, a business part on the left of reception and a leisure/family part to the right of reception. The children's play area and video games are in the leisure/family part. Also don't know whether it is worth mentioning that the BA service more or less always departs from gate 7.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've noticed the GC menus are a bit out of date: it's worth pointing out the hot buffet is available 12:00-15:00 as well as 18:00+. Also sandwiches/soup etc is still present.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by af101
I've noticed the GC menus are a bit out of date: it's worth pointing out the hot buffet is available 12:00-15:00 as well as 18:00+. Also sandwiches/soup etc is still present.
There is a thread for GC food at LHR here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2013-a.html so I guess that could do with updating - last update was in May.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:53 am

Important Yorkshire Premier Lounge update for the many LBA route users!

So in the lounge there is free food in the lounge included sweets, chocolates, tea cakes, bread and a toaster, crisps, olives etc. but no hot food available in the lounge itslef (apart from the toast of course). However, if you want hot food you can go to Saltaire bar which is outside an opposite the lounge to pay and order food there, tell them you are in the lounge, and they will bring it through. There is a menu on the LBA website in case this is of interest to anyone:

Saltaire Menu
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just a quick one on Lounge opening times, and that they appear to vary. I think this wiki is out of date for Gatwick. Or the staff are!!

So, I arrived at LHR T5 at around 5.05am for quite an early flight. I went to Galleries North, which was open and had a fair few people in it. The helpful lounge check-in lady informed me that the aircraft would leave from a B Gate, and that I may wish to use the B lounge. Great idea, means less mucking about when time is more at a premium, so off we toddled. What the staff member didn’t tell me, or indeed some other people at the top of the short escalator, is that the B lounge doesn’t open until 5.30am! So rather than having a nice coffee in North, I actually spent that time standing outside the B lounge. This FT wiki thread does state this, and now I know for myself, but still….

Also, at Gatwick (N) in October, I arrived at 5.15am or so and was forced to stands outside the lounge for 20 minutes. There was another pax asleep on the seats between the business lounge and the first lounge! Neither were open at 5am, and indeed missed 5.30am by a small margin too!

Both of these were on a Saturday morning, if that makes any difference. And both are first-world problems!

S
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by KARFA
Important Yorkshire Premier Lounge update for the many LBA route users!

So in the lounge there is free food in the lounge included sweets, chocolates, tea cakes, bread and a toaster, crisps, olives etc. but no hot food available in the lounge itslef (apart from the toast of course). However, if you want hot food you can go to Saltaire bar which is outside an opposite the lounge to pay and order food there, tell them you are in the lounge, and they will bring it through. There is a menu on the LBA website in case this is of interest to anyone:

Saltaire Menu
When I was there last week wed 26th much to my amazement they had hot bacon butties !! was about 11am so not sure what time they stopped ..

Would be a really good thing if it was permanent
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
LHR T5B Galleries opens @ 05:30am.

T5 GC N & S @ 5am.
T5 GF & CCR @ 5am.

Since the winter schedule (Sun 26th October), LGW Terraces is supposed to be 5:15am and not 5am as in the wiki. LGW F is correct at 05:30am.

On the point of weekend travel, I can't find anything contradicting the above times. I do know that in the past, some lounges have had local arrangements to accommodate differing flight schedules on weekends. I would be surprised if this were the case for LHR/LGW lounges though.

Just another quick note, NCL's opening time during Winter schedule is 05:30 all days, and not 6am.

Last edited by TyneTraveller; Dec 2, 2014 at 7:52 am Reason: Adding NCL updated opening time.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by psollitt
When I was there last week wed 26th much to my amazement they had hot bacon butties !! was about 11am so not sure what time they stopped ..

Would be a really good thing if it was permanent
What??? So I have previously heard about cocktails at the Yorkshire Premier Lounge and now bacon butties and have yet to see either!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC
If you fly into T5 in CW, can you use the AA Arrivals lounge in T3? Or is it just the T5 lounge?
Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by shefgab
If you fly into T5 in CW, can you use the AA Arrivals lounge in T3? Or is it just the T5 lounge?
Thanks
Just the BA Galleries Arrivals lounge in T5 (which is far nicer than the AA Arrivals Lounge in T3 in any case).
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Genius1
Just the BA Galleries Arrivals lounge in T5 (which is far nicer than the AA Arrivals Lounge in T3 in any case).
Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Amex, AA, BA, Delta, True Blue, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott, HH, IHG
Club World Lounge at Gatwick

If we fly club world into GTW, which lounge do we have access to and how nice is it, please? I'm guessing the lounges at LHR might be a tad better?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Are you connecting or just arriving at Gatwick (LGW)? See page 1, there is no arrivals lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.