Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Miles and More Frequent Traveler, IHG Platinum
Smile

I would just like to take the chance to say how useful and detailed I find the information in these threads myself being a newbie to posting, but a long time admirer of Prospero and Genius1 's posts in these fora. Excellent work guys. This lounge database served as an invaluable tool, when booking my recent trip (with avios) in CE from MAN-LHR-PRG. Keep up the good work! It is greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Welcome to FT. As you travel more feel free to contribute, or just join in the fun. Remember it's only an Internet forum, so don't worry that some are snarky as the majority are not!!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by theflyingstudent
I would just like to take the chance to say how useful and detailed I find the information in these threads myself being a newbie to posting, but a long time admirer of Prospero and Genius1 's posts in these fora.
Welcome to posting on FT, theflyingstudent! Thanks for your comment, nice of you to say
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I guess this is the best place to ask?

I am traveling through T3 this week, for the first time since I have been SCH.
I have never visited any of the lounges there, and wondered which of the AA,CX or BA lounges would be best to kill an hour or 2?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by stewaran
I am traveling through T3 this week, for the first time since I have been SCH.
I have never visited any of the lounges there, and wondered which of the AA,CX or BA lounges would be best to kill an hour or 2?
BA Galleries Club is fairly spacious and has some nice seating areas towards the rear of the lounge. Food options are relatively decent.

CX Business Class lounge has a better runway/apron view than BA, and has better quality food options. It will be more peaceful than the BA lounge outside of CX departure times.

AA Admirals Club is nothing to write home about - lots of power ports and mixed nuts, but not much else.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:34 pm

BA Lounge Belfast BHD

As promised, I can confirm that there is no champagne on offer at BHD.

There is also to be a refurbishment of this lounge at the end of March. It will start on the Friday night and run over the weekend.

It is currently the old bmi lounge, and is to be converted to a full BA style lounge. It now has the EI customers sharing it since their move from BFS last October too.

Not wishing to shirk any hazard on behalf of fellow FTers, I shall enquire again about champagne in early April
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Miles and More Frequent Traveler, IHG Platinum
can anyone give me any additional info about the food and drink options in T3 galleries club at about 4pm ish, will be going through there for the first time next week connecting from MAN in CE and was curious about what to expect.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theflyingstudent
can anyone give me any additional info about the food and drink options in T3 galleries club at about 4pm ish, will be going through there for the first time next week connecting from MAN in CE and was curious about what to expect.
Pretty much the same as the Galleries Club lounge in T5. Trays of pasta, rice, curry, casserole, and various sauces. Sandwiches, soup and salads are also available. You may catch the end of afternoon tea with a choice of cakes/cheesecake - otherwise the only sweet options are the biscuits/muffins by the coffee machines.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by antichef
As promised, I can confirm that there is no champagne on offer at BHD.
As champagne is available on request in GLA, surely it should be available in all domestic locations?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Genius1
Pretty much the same as the Galleries Club lounge in T5. Trays of pasta, rice, curry, casserole, and various sauces. Sandwiches, soup and salads are also available. You may catch the end of afternoon tea with a choice of cakes/cheesecake - otherwise the only sweet options are the biscuits/muffins by the coffee machines.
I think afternoon tea is the preserve of GF.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
I think afternoon tea is the preserve of GF.
Afternoon tea 'lite' is certainly available in the Galleries Club lounges - fresh cakes/cheesecake are offered. I had a lovely slice of banana cake last week in T5 South. No scones though.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Genius1
No scones though.
Not afternoon tea then is it?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
As champagne is available on request in GLA, surely it should be available in all domestic locations?
That's why I am volunteering to check again when BA take over the lounge next month
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I never knew there was a lounge in the B gate section area of LHR. Good to know.

Happy flying everyone
Old Mar 10, 2013, 12:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

GLA updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.