Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Excellent thread.

I understand that the Jersey BA Terraces Lounge is open to Priority Pass members.

Last edited by Sealink; Mar 26, 2013 at 11:30 am Reason: Change CLUB for Pass
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Sealink
Excellent thread.

I understand that the Jersey BA Terraces Lounge is open to Priority Club members.
It's open to Priority Pass members, if that's what you mean?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It's open to Priority Pass members, if that's what you mean?

Yes, that's what I meant. ^
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The database received a general update, and now reflects the current F&B offerings at BA lounges. Special thanks to antichef for confirming everything at BHD is just as it was before
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Prospero
The database received a general update, and now reflects the current F&B offerings at BA lounges. Special thanks to antichef for confirming everything at BHD is just as it was before
Galleries Club isn't accurate, the hot gloop isn't available all the time from noon, it's only available for lunch and in the evenings. Because that's what we said we wanted!

Although if that's what we wanted how come Galleries First never got that enhancement?

Last edited by layz; Sep 1, 2013 at 1:27 pm Reason: typo!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I have to say I think you're being a bit unfair on the CX J lounge at LHR. It has an all-day hot buffet with three various curry/pasta dishes, afternoon tea (inc scones/cream) at the appropriate time, and iMacs.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A couple of minor corrections:

My picture of the LGW Galleries First lounge which you have kindly used is from 2011, not 2009.

A more up-to-date picture of the LGW Galleries Club lounge (since the refurb) could be this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20224562-post88.html

The ABZ lounge is a Galleries Club, not Terraces.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Question about arriving in BA F, overnight at LHR, then continuing on in BA CE

Hi -

First time posting in the BA forum, and I apologize if the answers are obvious. I've searched and read all I could in this thread and the prior, but I still have some questions about Concorde Room access:

1. I'm arriving in LHR in BA F at 19:35 and departing in BA CE to HEL the next day at 12:10. Not my choice, to be sure, but that's the ticket BA issued me, and it's all on the same PNR. Will I be able to have either Concorde Room or Galleries First access before flying to HEL?

2. On the return I'll be flying BA F LHR-JFK, then a six hour layover before transferring to AA First to BOS. Will I be able to access the Concorde Room in JFK during the layover?

Thanks very much for all the work you've put into this - very helpful!

ETA: I'm OneWorld Sapphire if that matters - I guess all that matters is that I'm not Emerald.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Barton Cove
Hi -

First time posting in the BA forum, and I apologize if the answers are obvious. I've searched and read all I could in this thread and the prior, but I still have some questions about Concorde Room access:

1. I'm arriving in LHR in BA F at 19:35 and departing in BA CE to HEL the next day at 12:10. Not my choice, to be sure, but that's the ticket BA issued me, and it's all on the same PNR. Will I be able to have either Concorde Room or Galleries First access before flying to HEL?
Welcome to the BA forum!

When you arrive at LHR in BA F and leave the next day in CE, you won't be able to use the CCR, as it's not the same-day connection. I do not think Galleries First will be avilable to you either.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
You will not be able to use the Concorde room in JFK either. AA fly from a different terminal and I don't believe you are allowed entry on arrival.

That said, waiting 6 hours to connect to BOS from JFK is a bit mad. It would be faster to exit the airport, pick up a car and drive to Boston. Whilst AA only have 4 flights a day from JFK there are plenty of others and I reckon at least 1 flight every hour. If the JFK-BOS flight was the last segment on my ticket I would forgo it and take the cheapest option with the most convenient connection considering it's such a short flight. Or maybe you can reduce the ticket price by removing that segment and use the funds to buy a different ticket.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Hi -

2. On the return I'll be flying BA F LHR-JFK, then a six hour layover before transferring to AA First to BOS. Will I be able to access the Concorde Room in JFK during the layover?

Thanks very much for all the work you've put into this - very helpful!

ETA: I'm OneWorld Sapphire if that matters - I guess all that matters is that I'm not Emerald.
1. Definitely no Concorde Room as HEL flights depart from T3. You might get Galleries First access on presenting your inbound boarding card stub along with your onward boarding pass. If not, try again at the AA Flagship Lounge and the CX First lounge

2. Probably no Concorde Room here either; again it's the wrong terminal.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 6:28 pm

Thank you all for your prompt and courteous replies!

It seems like there's no chance for the CCR in London, but, given the usual configuration of US terminals, is it possible I could exit the plane in JFK and check out the CCR before going through baggage claim and customs? As I have a longish layover, I'm in no hurry to rush through that process.

And economyman, thanks for the suggestion, but I will be in no rush to get home. Different strokes for different folks. I would rather spend 6 hours at JFK, reading a novel and drinking free mediocre chardonnay, than try to change my ticket to coach on another airline or run the gauntlet of aneurysm-inducing frustration that is:
- renting a car at JFK;
- driving 3.5 hours minimum on the road that connects the two most aggressive driving populations in the country;
- trying to find a gas station as close as possible to Logan;
- returning the car at BOS;
- waiting at least 30 minutes for the shuttle back to the terminal to take the same Silver Line to my home that I would from my 45 minute first class flight, (also full of mediocre chardonnay), at a car rental cost that will rival my monthly mortgage (which, admittedly, is quite low), and a total time savings of possibly 60 minutes.

Nah, I'm good. Honestly, I visit NYC 4-6 times a year and if I never have to drive between NYC and Boston again, I will die a happy woman.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 6:54 pm

but, given the usual configuration of US terminals, is it possible I could exit the plane in JFK and check out the CCR before going through baggage claim and customs? As I have a longish layover, I'm in no hurry to rush through that process.
Unfortunately not - as soon as you arrive you are funnelled into the customs process and not into the general terminal area. (Unless arriving on the LCY flights that pre-clear the US border in Ireland)
Old Sep 29, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by stewardo
Unfortunately not - as soon as you arrive you are funnelled into the customs process and not into the general terminal area. (Unless arriving on the LCY flights that pre-clear the US border in Ireland)
Thank you for your disappointing information

I guess I will be rushing through customs so I can get to the JFK AA Flagship, and settle in with my novel and a mediocre chardonnay.

Again, thanks to all for the information. Very helpful, and I really appreciate it.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
UA to BA in LHR-First Time BAEC Gold Card user

Hi there, an ignorant question--but hopefully there will be an easy answer (or a good link for me to start more research).
I'm an old BMI Gold, got BA Gold 18 months ago but never flew BA until now. I have used the BA Gold Card to access AA Flagship at ORD but that's about it!

I'm flying UA ORD-LHR, arriving 11:15am, then on a separate ticket am flying LHR-BUD on BA Y at 14:25. So I have about 3 hours 10 minutes to connect.

How would you spend the time? Which lounges are worth visiting for best food/beverage/showers? I think I will be departing from Terminal 3.
Thanks for any advice you can give!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.