Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
the 3 club lounges are pretty much the same. The one in T5B is usually quieter. But if your flight its going from the A or C concourse then getting all the way to B then back to A or on to C can be a pain in the arse

So I feel you are just as well to use either the north or south lounges in concourse A
Understood, thanks SP
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
But if your flight its going from the A or C concourse then getting all the way to B then back to A or on to C can be a pain
I think I have to disagree here. If you have read the Dashboard Passageway Guide, T5B is in the middle of the terminal and the only lounge which every gate is within 10 minutes walking time. It also happens to be the nicest GC Lounge in T5.

If you have a lot if baggage or are not fully mobile that would be different.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
you are welcome to disagree with me.

I am sure there will be a mix of opinions.

"BEST" is always subjective.

While there may be "advantages" of the B lounge, and I agree it is quieter, I do not feel it is not worth the trek, especially if your flight is leaving from the A Concourse
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Thanks both, I guess the issue is that when we arrive we may not yet know where the flight is departing from hence uncertainty re which lounge to choose.

I think we'll plump for B unless the gate is known when we arrive, in which case we may change our plans!

I'm looking forward to trying the walkways!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have a similar question to SaraJH, flying from T5 on a CE ticket to FRA. For the last few days it looks like that flight has gone from T5A.

Could I still use the T5B lounge even if my flight is from T5A? Will the lounge staff have a freak out if they think I'm in the 'wrong' bit of the terminal? I generally go to T5B via the walkways and back again anyway, this will be my first time in a BA Lounge though.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by streetmagix
I have a similar question to SaraJH, flying from T5 on a CE ticket to FRA. For the last few days it looks like that flight has gone from T5A.

Could I still use the T5B lounge even if my flight is from T5A? Will the lounge staff have a freak out if they think I'm in the 'wrong' bit of the terminal? I generally go to T5B via the walkways and back again anyway, this will be my first time in a BA Lounge though.
Yes that's fine, you can use the T5B lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.