Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Prospero
LHR Terminal 3
As an update for the T3 graphics above, the Admirals Club and the Flagship Lounge both have shower facilities (well, the same facilities, which are accessble directly from each lounge).
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
As an update for the T3 graphics above, the Admirals Club and the Flagship Lounge both have shower facilities (well, the same facilities, which are accessble directly from each lounge).
Thanks for that. The slide has now been amended.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Guys can't this thread be made sticky? Think it's well worth it is it not?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by crisdean
Guys can't this thread be made sticky? Think it's well worth it is it not?
It is via the Forum Dashboard sticky
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
A very minor thing but the new BA lounge at EDI is opposite Gate 5, not Gate 10 as the guide says.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:18 pm

What are the lounge options at T4 Heathrow with Qatar? Do OneWorld rules apply?

Palmer
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Palmer
What are the lounge options at T4 Heathrow with Qatar? Do OneWorld rules apply?
oneworld F/J pax can use the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge or Malaysia Airlines First Class/Golden Lounge.

oneworld Emerald and Sapphire can use the SkyTeam lounge when travelling on Qatar in Y, or the Malaysia Airlines First Class/Golden Lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:29 pm

No access to the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge for an Emerald or Sapphire card holder when travelling in Y? Why's that then? Is it not a OW lounge?

Palmer
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Palmer
No access to the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge for an Emerald or Sapphire card holder when travelling in Y? Why's that then? Is it not a OW lounge?
It is a oneworld lounge for passengers travelling in premium cabins, but not for status passengers in Y. This is due to the lounge being fairly small (it occupies the lower level of the former BA Gate 1 Lounge). oneworld status passengers in Y are invited to use the SkyTeam lounge (which occupies the space of the former BA Concorde Room and Terraces Lounge).

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:41 am

ABZ

Originally Posted by Prospero
I do see your point re. the updated furnishings. I thought it better though to keep things simple by listing each lounge per the title mounted above the door. Does that make sense?

Can anyone confirm if ABZ received a name change to coincide with its very recent refresh?
Like EDI & GLA, and since the recent refresh, the lounge in ABZ is now simply the "British Airways Lounge".

It is located opposite Gate 1 (it used to be opposite the old Gate 4 until it moved a few years back), although access is from the mezzanine level straight ahead from the security area. All change again in the not-too-distant future though with the terminal revamp.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
I was hoping to get some clarification re: Elemis Spa treatments.

I'm a oneworld Emerald (AA EXP) traveling DFW-LHR-DUB on the way out, and DUB-LHR-AUS on the return. I will more than likely be in J DFW-LHR, but unless someone takes pity on me as an Emerald (or the fact that I'm flying there entirely to return on the inaugural LHR-AUS flight), I'll be in WT on the way back.

I'm getting some conflicting information about who is eligible for the 15-minute Elemis treatments. The BA website specifically spells out F, J, and BA Gold, but makes no mention of other oneworld Emerald statuses. The first post here does say that I would be eligible for it as an Emerald, but then later on returns back to the F, J and BA Gold in the 2nd post.

Could someone please clarify if I, as a oneworld Emerald, have access to the Spa prior to my LHR-AUS flight (I know I'll only be able to get into the T1 lounges on the outbound connection)?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Cameron
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Longhornmaniac8
I was hoping to get some clarification re: Elemis Spa treatments.
There is some more details here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

You certainly get access to the travel spa in Arrivals on your outbound from DFW, if instead of going to T1 by Flight Connections, you exit via the UK Border in T5. Personally I don't think you would get it on your return to Texas since it's not a oneworld benefit, but (a) someone in Elemis may also take pity on you or (b) I may be wrong.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is some more details here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

You certainly get access to the travel spa in Arrivals on your outbound from DFW, if instead of going to T1 by Flight Connections, you exit via the UK Border in T5. Personally I don't think you would get it on your return to Texas since it's not a oneworld benefit, but (a) someone in Elemis may also take pity on you or (b) I may be wrong.
That's my understanding.

Access to the arrivals lounge following the outbound DFW-LHR flight as an EXP is provided as a BA/AA/IB JBV benefit, but no access to the departures Travel Spa on the inbound to AUS as an EXP travelling in economy class. Need to be in Club World or First.

Here's the relevant criteria (extracted from the Lounge Access Guidelines thread)...

Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
So here is my confusion.

On this page: http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...mis-travel-spa

They specify First, Club World, or BA Gold flying longhaul. Is this a situation where they would not extend a benefit to other oneworld top-tier flyers?

Moreover, on the Lounge Access Guidelines page, the second column says BA Gold and oneworld Emerald. When I followed that down, it says that I am entitled to a treatment, regardless of class of travel.

Thanks again for the help! It's nice to have people who take the time to answer questions.

Cheers,
Cameron
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Longhornmaniac8
On this page: http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...mis-travel-spa

They specify First, Club World, or BA Gold flying longhaul. Is this a situation where they would not extend a benefit to other oneworld top-tier flyers?
I fear you have to take that link at face value. If they meant Emerald they probably would have said so. If it helps, BA Golds can't use the AA travel spa either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.