Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Aside from ABZ being a Galleries lounge, LGW should also be listed as Galleries First and Galleries Club following their 2011 refurbishment.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:44 pm

I have never flown from T3 before. Can anyone confirm if I can go into the CX lounge and/or the AA Arivals lounge as a no status passenger on CE ticket>?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I have never flown from T3 before. Can anyone confirm if I can go into the CX lounge and/or the AA Arivals lounge as a no status passenger on CE ticket>?
Yes. Standard oneworld rules. You can access all the oneworld business class lounges when travelling in oneworld business class.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
Aside from ABZ being a Galleries lounge, LGW should also be listed as Galleries First and Galleries Club following their 2011 refurbishment.
I do see your point re. the updated furnishings. I thought it better though to keep things simple by listing each lounge per the title mounted above the door. Does that make sense?

Can anyone confirm if ABZ received a name change to coincide with its very recent refresh?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:39 pm

Genius1, thanks.

Anyone have experience of the AA arrivals lounge? Is it any good?

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Genius1, thanks.

Thanks

we used it 12 months ago returning from BNE-SYD-SIN-LHR and found it to be a perfectly decent place to kill a couple of hours while awaiting a train home.

Decent shower rooms, very quiet lounge when we arrived, think we were the 2nd couple in the lounge at the time and the first were also off our flight, decent selection of fresh grub, the carpets and seating looked a little worn and some power points didn't work.

But all told, its decent, with nice breakfast selection and really good showers.

cs
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Genius1, thanks.

Thanks
As you're ticketed in Club Europe, you’ll have purchase an Arrivals Lounge One-Day Pass. They’re not cheap either, at US$ 108. As the lounge is only open between 05:00 and 14:00, it would be nice if you could buy a half day pass at half price, but that’s not how it works i’m afraid.

There has been plenty of feedback on the lounge, which you can find here…

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

As it amounts to 8 years worth of consolidated / amalgamated / merged discussion, you may wish to read the thread in reverse order, starting with the latest post and working back.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Hi, I'm still confused about the CCR rules.

If I fly in F, I'm allowed one guest, correct?

CCR card holders are allowed two guests?

I just can't find anywhere that definitively lists the CCR access rules...sorry, I know this must have been asked a million times before.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by nickerss
Hi, I'm still confused about the CCR rules.

If I fly in F, I'm allowed one guest, correct?

CCR card holders are allowed two guests?

I just can't find anywhere that definitively lists the CCR access rules...sorry, I know this must have been asked a million times before.
Correct.

See here - http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by stu1985
Right, I looked there, but it isn't really very clear. A Gold or Silver gets a guest in the CCR if travelling in F, but what about a Bronze/Blue/nothing in F? Do they get a guest?

It almost makes it seem like the guest is a result of the status, not the class of service.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, I looked there, but it isn't really very clear. A Gold or Silver gets a guest in the CCR if travelling in F, but what about a Bronze/Blue/nothing in F? Do they get a guest?

It almost makes it seem like the guest is a result of the status, not the class of service.
All First passengers (regardless of status) and Concorde Room Cardholders (regardless of class) can guest one other BA pax into the CCR. GGLs travelling in First can guest two other BA pax into the CCR.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
All First passengers (regardless of status) and Concorde Room Cardholders (regardless of class) can guest one other BA pax into the CCR. GGLs travelling in First can guest two other BA pax into the CCR.
Thank you. Might I ask where you found that information - not that I don't trust you, but so that I know where to look for these sorts of things?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Might I ask where you found that information ...
This is the thread you were looking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...uidelines.html - in particular, post #3.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
This is the thread you were looking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...uidelines.html - in particular, post #3.
Ah, that's the one. Thanks again.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
BHD update

I have posted an update here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rport-bhd.html

BS took over the catering two weeks ago. Sandwiches at lunch time and soup etc. also Champagne on request - Castlenau.

Refurbishment for three weeks in Jan 14 when the lounge will be closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.