Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You can use the BA, CX or AA lounges. All 3 airlines have separate F and J sections, and you can access both in all cases.

I would start off in the CX lounge and then move to the BA lounge. The AA lounge is nothing special.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Genius1
I would start off in the CX lounge and then move to the BA lounge.
+ 1

For me, some noodles in CX F and then some champagne and wine in BA GF.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold / A3*G / NZ*S / EI Silver / Priority Club / Hilton HHonors
Hi,

Flying to JNB in a couple of weeks, and am able to access the Galleries First Lounge, but ticket is booked in Y. I'd like to get the better half into the Elemis Spa for a massage if at all possible, and I assume the treatments are all charged for, but I can't find out how much.

Can anyone here give me a vague heads up on how much I'm looking at for it? --- I assume they don't dish those out as freebies as well?!?

Thanks,
elscorpo.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by elscorpo
Can anyone here give me a vague heads up on how much I'm looking at for it? --- I assume they don't dish those out as freebies as well?!?
The treatments are free and there is no payment mechanism in the Spa either.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The treatments are free and there is no payment mechanism in the Spa either.
But I don't know whether elscorpo's guest will have spa access unless he/she is also OW Emerald.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:48 am

Thanks for the detail folks .... Ms elscorpo is a BA Silver (OW Sapphire), so maybe she doesn't have the access. It's worth a shot anyway, I guess. Can you book these in advance, or is it a turn up on the day and first come, first served basis?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by elscorpo
Thanks for the detail folks .... Ms elscorpo is a BA Silver (OW Sapphire), so maybe she doesn't have the access. It's worth a shot anyway, I guess. Can you book these in advance, or is it a turn up on the day and first come, first served basis?
Spa treatments are first come first served, unless booked in First, when they can be pre-booked via YouFirst.

Only First, Club World and BA Gold passengers flying longhaul can avail of spa treatments. Lounge guests are not eligible.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
Would love to get some clarification on lounge access at LHR terminal 1. I'm an one world emerald arriving on AA biz class from the USA at terminal 3 and connecting to a BA economy flight to Dublin out of terminal 1. Will I be allowed into the international lounge or will the UK Dublin lounge be my only option?

I have a 5 hour layover so will use the T-3 arrivals lounge and then go streetside and walk from T3 to T1. Also, is fast-track available once I check in at T1?

I'm thinking it might be best to stay at the AA arrivals lounge as long as possible and then walk over to T1 in time for the flight if the Dublin lounge is my only option in T1.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can only use the BA UK & Ireland lounge by Gate 8. You cannot use the BA International lounge unfortunately.

Fast Track is available at security and boarding.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:49 am

Thanks for the clarification, Genius1.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
Yes, thanks Genius1 for the reply about the UK and Ireland lounge.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
JER now offers a vat of hot soup and some rather nice fresh bread rolls.

I also spotted some nice looking chilled sparkling white of some description but didn't sample due to having to drive upon reaching LGW.

cs
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Cosmetic update

I wanted to provide colour differentiation to each slide so the appropriate airline/operator could be subtly identified. The slide template as it was produced a terribly messy affair so the template has now been remastered. The left hand edge of each slide is now coloured to match the respective airline.

I hope you find this to be a welcome refinement.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
JER now offers a vat of hot soup and some rather nice fresh bread rolls.

I also spotted some nice looking chilled sparkling white of some description but didn't sample due to having to drive upon reaching LGW.

cs

Also defiantly no baby changing facilities at JER lounge.

cs
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
I wanted to provide colour differentiation to each slide so the appropriate airline/operator could be subtly identified. The slide template as it was produced a terribly messy affair so the template has now been remastered. The left hand edge of each slide is now coloured to match the respective airline.
They look much nicer ^

ABZ is a Galleries lounge, rather than Terraces (evidenced by the new furniture fabric).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.