Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Galleo
I am travelling to LHR in CX J in a couple of weeks. Arrival is 05:40 so the CX T3 Arrivals lounge wont be open. Looking to access the T3 AA arrivals lounge. I have no OW Status. I'm confused as to whether I will be allowed access to the AA Arrivals Lounge at T3 - some threads and posts would indicates yes and some no - the AA website would seem to indicate definitely no. Else pay $90USD to access or wait for 08:30 when the CX lounge opens...
There is no CX Arrivals Lounge at T3.

CX arriving passengers in J/F have complimentary access to the AA Arrivals Lounge at T3, which is actually quite nice. Come out of customs, turn right, and up the first lift.

You will however need an invitation card, which you should request when checking in for your flight at HKG (or previous flight into HKG on a connecting itinerary). Just ask, and the check-in agents should be able to print it easily.

CX check-in systems may automatically print the Lounge invite, which can leave you with heaps of card to carry around. 5 of us coming back from DPS - and the check-in agent presented us with 5 BPs to HKG, 5 BPSs to LHR, 5 lounge invites for DPS, 5 lounge invites for HKG and 5 arrivals lounge invites for LHR, a total of 25 pieces of card to carry around.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: QFF, UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Thks Smirnoff - Much appreciated. I'll make sure to check all the literature I receive at check-in before leaving the counter!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Does a D class domestic fare have lounge entitlement?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Anyone?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Domestic D is not Business UK, so I fear not, unless there is some plastic or anther flight to go with it. You need J or Y.

Edit: or a friend.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 12, 2011 at 9:53 am
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
CCR Access

It will soon be my first F journey inbound to LHR from JFK.

Unfortunately there was no reward flight availability for my domestic connection to MAN, so I have had to book this separately.

Will I still be able to access the CCR at LHR while waiting for my domestic connection? A quick search of FT suggests that my inbound F boarding pass should be enough, but does anyone have any experience doing this?

MAN-FF
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:48 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

As long as it's the same day, you'll be fine.

Have you booked a flexible ticket to Manchester? As if you keep an eagle eye on availability you can change for free.

Remember that luggage allowances will apply per sector now, so you'll only be able to bring 2 bags not 3.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by andset1191

Remember that luggage allowances will apply per sector now, so you'll only be able to bring 2 bags not 3.
Well technically your correct but this might well not be the case, it just depends on the F check-in staff @ JFK

cs
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MAN-FF
Will I still be able to access the CCR at LHR while waiting for my domestic connection? A quick search of FT suggests that my inbound F boarding pass should be enough, but does anyone have any experience doing this?
Most definitely yes. I did this, on seperate bookings, although I was going to Paris after coming from a Bangkok flight. It should be no problem at all.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes yes yes for CCR access when connecting into another T5 flight from an F flight, even if it's a seperate PNR. Ive done LAX-LHR in F then booked a LHR-MAN on a el super cheapo £45 ticket and got CCR access due to been inbound F. Just keep your F boarding pass to show upon entering lounge.

As for luggage, ive never had any issues with a seperate PNR domestic tag on. Bags have always been tagged to MAN.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Yes i've connected SFO LHR MAN and got into the CCR no probs. If you've got long enough ,book a cabana to freshen up in.
Finding it is easy too, exit the connections security, turn right and keep walking untill you can't go any further, the door in front of you is the CCR
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:43 am

Thanks for all the replies; I'm pleased to hear I'll now get to experience the LHR CCR as well as the one at JFK.

Will I have any problems checking baggage through to MAN despite the connection being booked separately?

MAN-FF
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:11 am

Thanks for all the replies; I'm pleased to hear I'll now get to experience the LHR CCR as well as the one at JFK.

Will I have any problems checking baggage through to MAN despite the connection being booked separately?

MAN-FF
You shouldn't have any problems. To quote my first post " As for luggage, ive never had any issues with a separate PNR domestic tag on. Bags have always been tagged to MAN "

What i should have posted is, ive never had any problems at all checking in luggage to my final destination usually MAN when im inbound back into the UK using my F or J allowance, even if the connecting flight has been a separate booking.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by lancefan

MAN-FF
You shouldn't have any problems. To quote my first post " As for luggage, ive never had any issues with a separate PNR domestic tag on. Bags have always been tagged to MAN "

What i should have posted is, ive never had any problems at all checking in luggage to my final destination usually MAN when im inbound back into the UK using my F or J allowance, even if the connecting flight has been a separate booking.
To be honest I'm not worried about the F allowance as I'll only be checking one bag anyway. I just don't want to have to collect and re-check at LHR.

I take it I can still use Flight Connections as well?

MAN-FF
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:14 am

To be honest I'm not worried about the F allowance as I'll only be checking one bag anyway. I just don't want to have to collect and re-check at LHR.

I take it I can still use Flight Connections as well?

MAN-FF
No need to worry at all, check luggage in at JFK and pick them up at MAN. No re-checking at LHR. Just don't forget to tell the agent who is checking your bags in at JFK that you have a connection up to MAN.

Get your LHR-MAN boarding pass at while at JFK.

Use flight connections and enjoy the T5 CCR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.