Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
Without status, I think J pax are limited to the one lounge, which in this case will be the AAdmirals Club.
Now I'm really confused about this because on the oneworld website, it seems to say that non-status passengers are allowed in to any OW carrier's lounge as long as on a business or first flight on a OW airline. But I know a lot of people on here in the past have said that that is not quite true and you can't get in.

I'm flying CE to Vienna from T3 in September and would like to see what all three lounges are like. Hmmm. Maybe I should print the page out from the website and take it with me!!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Do let us know how you get on.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero

London Heathrow Terminal 5
British Airways Galleries Arrivals Lounge

Eligible for complimentary access:
  • A First or Club World passenger arriving into T5
  • A BAEC Gold who has arrived into T5 on a BA operated long haul service, irrespective of class of service
  • An AAdvantage Executive Platinum who has arrived into T5 on a BA operated BA/AA Joint Business transatlantic service, irrespective of class of service

Not eligible for complimentary access:
  • A first or business class passenger who has arrived into T3
  • An AAdvantage Executive Platinum or BAEC Gold card holder who has arrived into T3 on an AA operated flight
  • B]A BAEC Gold or QFFF Platinum card holder who has arrived into T3 on a BA/QF operated Kangaroo service[/B]
I have always been able to use the T5 arrivals lounge as a BAEC Gold arriving in Club from Singapore landing at T3. Planning the same for this Sunday. I have not been to the AA lounge at T3 ever as the T5 lounge just has better reviews.

Globalist
Old Aug 26, 2011, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't suppose we've come to a conclusion over whether J pax with no status can pick a lounge in T3 or are limited to GC?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I don't suppose we've come to a conclusion over whether J pax with no status can pick a lounge in T3 or are limited to GC?
I was always under the impression that oneworld premium pax could use any oneworld lounge applicable to their class of travel in the same terminal.

I believe Cathay Boy posted a rule converse to this, though.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 6:10 am

Well, below is something copied from the oneworld website, so from this I assume that a person with no status can use any oneworld lounge as long as they are on a first or business class flight. But I know there has been a lot of debate about this, so I might be wrong.

'Eligibility

In all cases, lounge access eligibility is based on:

Departing carrier - you must be flying on your next onward segment, on the same day, on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline AND
Frequent flyer tier status - you must also hold a frequent flyer card equivalent to oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status, OR
Class of travel - you must produce a First or Business Class boarding pass for the journey's international segment on the same day.'
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Does anyone know if there is a BA website which confirms access for AA EXPs in this situation?
Just received a response from BA Customer Relations, which seems to confirm that AA EXPs have access to the T5 Arrivals Lounge when arriving at T5 on a longhaul BA flight (in any cabin). More details here.

Again, while this benefit is widely discussed on FT, the dragons and their supervisor had never heard of it when I visited on the 17th of August 2011. Now at least I have an email from BA which I can print out and bring along for my next visit ^
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:17 pm

First Lounge In-Bound T5

I will be travelling from ATL - EDI through LHR in First. Am I able to use the lounges in LHR when in transit?

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, carte blanche access to GF, CCR, GC North, GC South, and arrivals lounge.

Make sure you keep your ATL-LHR boarding pass though.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:20 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RFT72
I will be travelling from ATL - EDI through LHR in First. Am I able to use the lounges in LHR when in transit?

Thanks
Yes - as long as you are connecting the same day, keep your First class inbound boarding pass and show it, with your onward boarding pass for Edinburgh, to the staff at the entrance to the Concorde Room.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:24 pm

Many thanks - first trip in F - any advice?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Read the section in the sticky about the travelling in First, do not be afraid to ask for what you want, when you want it and enjoy the whole experience.

Maintain reasonable expectations and you should have a great time.

Enjoy!!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Yes, under the BA Forum Dashboard (please take a moment to read this sticky) sticky at the top of the page read the Some tips on Maximising the BA First Experience.

Enjoy the trip
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:57 pm

Will do - and thank you.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just to add it will state in manage my booking what lounges you can access for each segment of your journey. Just click on lounge information at the bottom left of the manage my booking page, but as everyone else has said, your good to go to use the CCR or any of the T5 lounges if doing a same day F connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.