Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
So if we fly BA 1st to JFK and get the connecting flight to LAS on AA, can we get access to the CCR at JFK for a 5 hour layover?
No, you must be departing in BA F to get CCR access at JFK. Your AA flight will leave from T8, and not T7 anyway.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Genius1
No, you must be departing in BA F to get CCR access at JFK. Your AA flight will leave from T8, and not T7 anyway.
Thanks - just have to slum it at a bar then !
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

As a BA silver member you will get access to the AA admiral's club in T8 + 1guest.

As you are arriving in BA F and a same day connection on AA to LAS you may get AA flagship lounge access (i'm not 100% sure on this though)

Enjoy!^

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
As you are arriving in BA F and a same day connection on AA to LAS you may get AA flagship lounge access (i'm not 100% sure on this though)
That used to be the case, but it was recently enhanced away. May as well ask though.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:30 am

Can anyone provide a link to BA's lounge access rules? I've found the OW rules but the BA Lounge Database suggests that there may be some differences between the two.

These links were too vague.

Palmer
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't think there's a public BA website which exhaustively specifies all the BA lounge access rules. If you have a specific question, however, we should be able to answer it.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by stifle
I don't think there's a public BA website which exhaustively specifies all the BA lounge access rules. If you have a specific question, however, we should be able to answer it.
I think I know the answer, as the OW site provides a clue, but I wanted to check the wording with the BA T&Cs to see if there was anything in my favour - and to try to nail it one way or the other.

I'm flying F into JFK from LHR arriving around lunchtime. Intend to spend the afternoon shopping. Returning back to London later the same day in CW. I wondered whether I'd get access to the CCR at JFK having a same day F ticket.

I can't find the answer through BA. OW isn't helpful and, I would say, it's not relevant as the flights are purely with BA and the site makes no mention of the CCR, only first class lounges (and, as thoses F travellers arriving at T3 LHR on a BA flight but travelling under a QANTAS codeshare, with a connecting flight out of T5, will know, there is a difference!)

Palmer
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt the written lounge rules contemplated someone making a day return on longhaul since the demise of Concorde!

I would say you do get CCR access in JFK in that scenario, but expect a fair amount of head-scratching from the lounge dragons.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:45 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Denied entry again at the BA Arrivals Lounge in T5 this morning, in an identical scenario to the one mentioned above (OWE arriving TATL in WT).
Response from BA confirming that yes, access should have been given. More details here.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Palmer
I think I know the answer, as the OW site provides a clue, but I wanted to check the wording with the BA T&Cs to see if there was anything in my favour - and to try to nail it one way or the other.

I'm flying F into JFK from LHR arriving around lunchtime. Intend to spend the afternoon shopping. Returning back to London later the same day in CW. I wondered whether I'd get access to the CCR at JFK having a same day F ticket.

I can't find the answer through BA. OW isn't helpful and, I would say, it's not relevant as the flights are purely with BA and the site makes no mention of the CCR, only first class lounges (and, as thoses F travellers arriving at T3 LHR on a BA flight but travelling under a QANTAS codeshare, with a connecting flight out of T5, will know, there is a difference!)

Palmer
Access granted! I showed both BPs and was waved in.

Palmer
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Palmer
Access granted! I showed both BPs and was waved in.
Good to know! Not sure I would do a day return to JFK, but in the event that I do I intend to take full advantage of both CCRs!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 pm

A new wrinkle (to me, anyway) regarding lounge access with a Qantas Club card (for which you pay an annual fee for lounge access)---it no longer provides access to the Galleries lounges at LHR T5, only at T3.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chucko
A new wrinkle (to me, anyway) regarding lounge access with a Qantas Club card (for which you pay an annual fee for lounge access)---it no longer provides access to the Galleries lounges at LHR T5, only at T3.
That came up on the QF board three months ago Depending on whom you believe, it might be because BA was concerned about overcrowding, QF refused to pay BA's costs, or because they're not Terraces.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by chucko
Is QF T3-only at LHR? If so then it makes sense; BA's lounges are premium cabin/status lounges, not membership lounges (as are QF/AA lounges). If there's no QF lounge at T3 then it makes sense for them to make an arrangement with another carrier (the way they have with AA at LAX, and likely the reason the Flagship Lounge there stays in existence). However if flying ex-T5, where there's no QF metal, then there's no reason for QF to pay for you to access a partner's non-membership lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Cardboard
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
However if flying ex-T5, where there's no QF metal, then there's no reason for QF to pay for you to access a partner's non-membership lounge.
This is exactly what Qantas Club advertised, however! See the "Partner Lounges" section on this page. The addition of only "Terraces and Executive Club" excluding Galleries to BA access was only added to the website after BA started refusing entry at T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.