Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:18 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lancefan
Just to add it will state in manage my booking what lounges you can access for each segment of your journey. Just click on lounge information at the bottom left of the manage my booking page, but as everyone else has said, your good to go to use the CCR or any of the T5 lounges if doing a same day F connection.
Sometimes F to Domestic connections don't show CCR in this instance, but don't worry you are eligible assuming a same day connection.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:30 pm

aaaaa
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RFT72
Many thanks - first trip in F - any advice?
Make sure you go to the correct lounge! Whilst you can access any of the lounges travelling in First, you want to be in the Concorde Room (not Galleries First).
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, *A Gold
Can a PAX arriving in CW , but connecting in WTP have lounge access in LHR?

I have managed to upgrade my father who is traveling ATL-LHR-DEL. ATL-LHR is in CW but continues into DEL in WTP. Can he access the Business class lounge in LHR? He has a 7 hour connection. I am not sure they would like to access the arrivals lounge as it would be too much for him with a knee condition.
Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Blue, United GM, Priority Club Platinum
Yes, arriving flight gives you the right to use the airside lounge. No need to go to arrival lounge unless you really want to. Just tell him to keep hold of the boarding pass from the first flight.

More info in the Exec Club sticky on the first page if required.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes yes yes. Inbound premium passengers connecting same day to any flight in T5 can access the T5 Galleries Lounge. In your Fathers case it would be the Galleries Club Lounge, just tell him to keep hold of his Club World boarding pass.

Is he flying solo ? because if he's with someone that isn't flying up front with him or has status, your Father won't be allowed to guest anyone in with him.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Flying WTP next month to BOS. Flight into LHR from EDI is booked in J. So lounge access at EDI, will I get lounge access at T5 with my arriving J boarding pass to kill the three hours connection time before heading over the pond?
On return flight I assume lounge access at LHR is a given due to shuttle back to EDI being in J?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Flying WTP next month to BOS. Flight into LHR from EDI is booked in J. So lounge access at EDI, will I get lounge access at T5 with my arriving J boarding pass to kill the three hours connection time before heading over the pond?
No - lounge access for premium passengers at LHR is based on cabin flown and domestic J doesn't work as far as I am aware.

On return flight I assume lounge access at LHR is a given due to shuttle back to EDI being in J?
Yes - that will be absolutely fine
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by matthewuk
No - lounge access for premium passengers at LHR is based on cabin flown and domestic J doesn't work as far as I am aware.

Yes - that will be absolutely fine
Inbound J into T5 connecting to a non premium cabin at T5 does get you lounge access but the inbound J has to be Club Europe or Club World. But as you say UK domestic J class connecting to a non premium at T5 doesn't get you lounge access at T5.

Also inbound WTP connecting to a UK domestic also gets you lounge access at T5 but unlike other connections where say inbound Club World
or F connecting onto another flight in a non premium cabin the 2 flights can be on different PNR's and your still allowed into the lounge. The WTP and UK domestic have to be on the same PNR.

Question, does a WTP connecting to a Euro Traveller get you lounge access. As seen as WTP books you into Business UK If you have a domestic connection, would a Euro connection book into CE or ET as seen as there is no premium economy cabin on euro flights.

Last edited by Speedbird279; Oct 1, 2011 at 7:03 am
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:39 pm

T5 lounge access

I travel from GLA to various Asian destinations with work in WTP but haven't quite enough points for lounge access. Does my business uk ticket from GLA to LHR allow me lounge access for my connection?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC: SILVER. BMIDC SILVER
Originally Posted by morrison1984
I travel from GLA to various Asian destinations with work in WTP but haven't quite enough points for lounge access. Does my business uk ticket from GLA to LHR allow me lounge access for my connection?
You get lounge access before the domestic flights only. You will therefore get lounge access in GLA on the outbound and then in T5 on the inbound.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: QFF, UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
TRavelling CX J to LHR - Arriving 05:40 - AA Arrivals Lounge Access??

I am travelling to LHR in CX J in a couple of weeks. Arrival is 05:40 so the CX T3 Arrivals lounge wont be open. Looking to access the T3 AA arrivals lounge. I have no OW Status. I'm confused as to whether I will be allowed access to the AA Arrivals Lounge at T3 - some threads and posts would indicates yes and some no - the AA website would seem to indicate definitely no. Else pay $90USD to access or wait for 08:30 when the CX lounge opens...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So was it Randy Petersen that was in the BA T5 business class lounge playing around on the Mac? I would have thought the first class lounge would have been possible for him if he were OW Emerald.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by andset1191
Yes - as long as you are connecting the same day, keep your First class inbound boarding pass and show it, with your onward boarding pass for Edinburgh, to the staff at the entrance to the Concorde Room.
And IME, they aren't always that strict about the same-day, as long as you're on the first flight out the morning after an arrival as long both are OW flights in an eligible cabin.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Galleo
Else pay $90USD to access or wait for 08:30 when the CX lounge opens...
It's actually $108.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your substantive question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.