Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Bronze (Ye Gods no), AA Gold (never used)
Have him head to the arrivals lounge at t5. Then over to t3 for the lounge there.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by nedved20
Have him head to the arrivals lounge at t5. Then over to t3 for the lounge there.
Agreed, assuming he is admissible to the UK. If not he will need to take the transfer bus and head over to Galleries Club at T3.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:44 am

I know Arrivals is Landside. Is there much more of a process in getting to T3 from there as opposed to using transfer busses? And would he miss-out on anything in T5 Arrivals lounge by going directly to T3 Galleries?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze (Ye Gods no), AA Gold (never used)
A spa treatment? If he can't get an appointment at the elemis there, he can try again at the t3 lounge..
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Landside the easiest way to get from T5 to T3 is the Heathrow Express, which is free for that transfer.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WhisperjetYYZ
I know Arrivals is Landside. Is there much more of a process in getting to T3 from there as opposed to using transfer busses? And would he miss-out on anything in T5 Arrivals lounge by going directly to T3 Galleries?
There's a full (and very extensive) hot breakfast selection at Galleries Arrivals. The Galleries Club lounges (T3 and T5) only have hot rolls for breakfast.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
Landside the easiest way to get from T5 to T3 is the Heathrow Express, which is free for that transfer.
Brilliant. Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated!^^
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AZAL Gold, TK Elite, KC Nomad Club Blue
Originally Posted by Genius1
I believe it is just CE pax on the first DME-LHR flight of the day.
GCH's get access to this lounge when arriving on the BA881. Cards are available in the DME lounge specifying this, and I have used it many times.

Those same cards, however, also specify that GCH's have access to the arrivals spa, including for treatments, but so far I have always been refused that, even when showing the card from the DME lounge. Nothing like BA for consistent inconsistency!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by DWFI
Can someone confirm these (in bold)? I'm fairly sure they're wrong. I think any BA longhaul customer in J/F can access the T5 arrivals regardless of arrival terminal (in fact, you can also access it off the LCY flight!)
I agree - that is wrong - on the BA website it is given as:

Originally Posted by BA Website
Arrivals lounges are available at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and London Gatwick (situated in the Sofitel Arora Hotel) for:

- First and Club World customers.
- Gold Executive Club members who have arrived on a British Airways longhaul flight. Due to capacity restrictions, guests will not be permitted to use these lounges.

Arrivals lounge facilities, operated by American Airlines, are also available in Heathrow Terminal 3.
Take on that is that if you arrive in T3 and are eligible (ie F, J or Gold then you can either go to the AA lounge or shlep to T5 for the BA one)
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by WhisperjetYYZ
Originally Posted by Genius1
There's a full (and very extensive) hot breakfast selection at Galleries Arrivals. The Galleries Club lounges (T3 and T5) only have hot rolls for breakfast.
What, if any, are the difference between the two Arrival lounges? Would I miss anything if I arrived in T3 and stayed there instead of trekking over to T5? The BA Lounge Database thread indicates expanded buffet options in T5, are there other enhancements? Traveling from JNB and I'm not sure which terminal we arrive in.

Also, we are continuing on to JFK on AA in J, will we have access to the Galleries Club in T3 in addition to AAs offering?

Last edited by anc-ord772; Aug 17, 2011 at 2:05 am
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
What, if any, are the difference between the two Arrival lounges? Would I miss anything if I arrived in T3 and stayed there instead of trekking over to T5? The BA Lounge Database thread indicates expanded buffet options in T5, are there other enhancements? Traveling from JNB and I'm not sure which terminal we arrive in.
BA's JNB flight lands into T5. As you have to clear immigration and customs to get to the Galleries Arrivals, depending on your connection time you may wish to skip it and transit airside. I've never been to T5, much less any lounges therein, so can't comment on what's good, bad, or indifferent (and am interested to know myself whether to use the AArrivals lounge or GA when arriving into T3 from SIN in CW).

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Also, we are continuing on to JFK on AA in J, will we have access to the Galleries Club in T3 in addition to AAs offering?
Without status, I think J pax are limited to the one lounge, which in this case will be the AAdmirals Club.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:53 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Question from a OneWorld Emerald member (AA EXP) re. Arrivals Lounge access at LHR T5.

I arrived today at T5 on BA longhaul in Y, using a ticket bought directly from BA. BA staff at the T5 Arrivals Lounge stated that because the Arrivals Lounge is not a OneWorld facility, I was not permitted access. This is of course not what the AA website says (and more importantly, not what the BA Lounge Guide on FlyerTalk says)! I was however very politely persistent, and they let me in on a one-time, "discretionary" basis.

Does anyone know if there is a BA website which confirms access for AA EXPs in this situation? I have been unable to find one. Was hoping to show it to the dragons on my way out

Edit: Interestingly, I note that there is a OneWorld Emerald logo by the door into the lounge... Has that always been there? Why would they put that logo on a non-OneWorld lounge?

Last edited by ExpatExp; Aug 17, 2011 at 4:20 am
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Some additional information regarding access to the T5 Arrivals Lounge for OneWorld Emerald members, from a similar AA forum thread on this topic:

Originally Posted by Microwave
In this BA-published document outlining the benefits of the JBA that was posted to the BA Press site back in early October 2010, the following statement is clearly made:

For the first time oneworld Emerald cardholders will have access to the British Airways Galleries Arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and the American Airlines arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 3 when they travel on an AA or BA transatlantic flight, no matter in which cabin they fly.
At no time since the JBA launched, however, has the BA website been updated to reflect this. As noted above, AA's site has been updated, so until BA get round to updating their site (and, hopefully, their staff), we'll be living in limbo for a while (unless you want to print the above-reference document and try to use it to get in--that's well beyond what I'd be willing to do but I've heard crazier stories!).
This would seem to suggest that all OneWorld Emerald members may have access to the BA Arrivals Lounge at T5 when arriving on a BA transatlantic flight. This would also mesh with the fact that there is a OneWorld Emerald logo next to the door of the T5 Arrivals Lounge. However, I'm not convinced this is actually how it works in practice! Would any of the more experienced BA flyers have more insight?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: klm pe
arriving from flying in First from LA

I am arriving in Heathrow after flying in from LA first class on the late flight. The arrival lounge is already closed and I have a few hours to kill. Will I still be able to enter the concorde room or first class lounge, even though I am arriving on first but travelling onwards in club europe?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
If departing from T5 in Club Europe, you will be able to access the Concorde Room (and the less exclusive Galleries First lounge) based on your incoming flight in First.

If departing from T3 in Club Europe, you will be able to access the Galleries First lounge based on your incoming flight in First.

Just hold on to the BP stub for your First flight and present that along with your Club Europe boarding pass at the entrance to the Concorde Room/Galleries First.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.