Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
If you dont get access at LHR then perhaps try and make sure you steal some stuff from the Club Kitchen as compensation ;-)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by A P Yu
If you dont get access at LHR then perhaps try and make sure you steal some stuff from the Club Kitchen as compensation ;-)
Nooooooooo!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:55 am

Lounge access for the SFO-LHR and LHR-SFO sectors can be purchased for a mere 12,500 miles each assuming reward availability. As a nice side effect it books into U which gives you access to a CW seat
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by matthewuk
Lounge access for the SFO-LHR and LHR-SFO sectors can be purchased for a mere 12,500 miles each assuming reward availability. As a nice side effect it books into U which gives you access to a CW seat
Very True!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Yes this seems to be a quirk of the booking system rather than any specific entitlement so it would be hard to argue the 'I arrived on an inbound business class flight' when there is no domestic business travel class.
Yes, but Business UK is marketed as a business product, offering lounge access as part of the fare class. Thus, connecting lounge rules apply.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
Thus, connecting lounge rules apply.
When connecting from long-haul to a domestic/European destination but not the other way around.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Yes, but Business UK is marketed as a business product, offering lounge access as part of the fare class. Thus, connecting lounge rules apply.
Marketed as a business product in an all economy cabin. As, I have reported above, my attempts at this when coming from a Shuttle were unsuccessful.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: Silver, Mileage Plus
Travelling WTP , Domestic connection booked in Y

Hi

Just to add to the confusion, I am booked EDI - IAD return in WTP , domestic leg is showing Y class in MMB.

However, it shows that I have lounge access, will I be turned away at the lounges in Edinburgh on my departure or at T5 on my return ?

On other restricted economy domestic reservations I currently hold, MMB shows no lounge access. So I think I am entitled if MMB shows me lounge locations for the domestic departures.

Thanks

Bryce
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gfl / GGL + CCR , Amex Platinum, Amex BA Premium Plus
CCR – Will I have access?

I’m flying to YVR taking advantage of an ex-AMS fare in F.

On Day 1 I fly LHR-AMS as my positioning flight at lunchtime. In the evening I fly AMS-LCY as the start of my trip to YVR. I’ve booked it with an overnight stop over, so continue LHR-YVR on Day 2 in the afternoon.

When I OLCI 24 hours ahead for the AMS-LCY, I presume I will also be check in for the LHR-YVR flight as they are part of the same booking. That means that I will already have my F boarding pass for the following day when I turn up for my LHR-AMS flight on Day 1 of my trip. Will I be able to get in the CCR with this as I have a valid boarding pass, even though it is for the following day?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:24 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by se1lad
I’m flying to YVR taking advantage of an ex-AMS fare in F.

On Day 1 I fly LHR-AMS as my positioning flight at lunchtime. In the evening I fly AMS-LCY as the start of my trip to YVR. I’ve booked it with an overnight stop over, so continue LHR-YVR on Day 2 in the afternoon.

When I OLCI 24 hours ahead for the AMS-LCY, I presume I will also be check in for the LHR-YVR flight as they are part of the same booking. That means that I will already have my F boarding pass for the following day when I turn up for my LHR-AMS flight on Day 1 of my trip. Will I be able to get in the CCR with this as I have a valid boarding pass, even though it is for the following day?
Short answer - no.

Dave
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I agree with Dave on this one (been there, tried that!).
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Lounge Access Question

I I'll be transiting throughh Heathrow next week and was wondering what our options are for lounge access.
My father and his wife are flying F on AA and I am on the same flight in J. All 3 of us are connecting to a CE flight on BA to CDG.
It is my understanding that coming off an international F flight they have access to a F class lounge? They are also allowed a guest since they are flying F, so I can accompany them?
Not sure about which terminals we fly in and out of, but any help, comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by FAA1996
I I'll be transiting throughh Heathrow next week and was wondering what our options are for lounge access.
My father and his wife are flying F on AA and I am on the same flight in J. All 3 of us are connecting to a CE flight on BA to CDG.
It is my understanding that coming off an international F flight they have access to a F class lounge? They are also allowed a guest since they are flying F, so I can accompany them?
Not sure about which terminals we fly in and out of, but any help, comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
The AA flight lands in terminal 3 and the BA flight leaves from terminal 5. If you don't use the flight connections centre, you can use the AArrival lounge in T3. Either way, you can all use Galleries First in T5 on presentation of the two AA F boarding stubs and all your BA onward boarding passes. You can't use the Concorde Room, however; it's not a OW lounge and is restricted to BA F pax and CCR card holders.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the information, I assume we will just be using the transfer/connection option and so we wont make it to the Arrivals Lounge.
I have used the Galleries Club lounge many times so I'm happy that the First lounge will be just as good if not alittle bit better.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Thanks for the information, I assume we will just be using the transfer/connection option and so we wont make it to the Arrivals Lounge.
Yes, just stay airside, following signs for Flight Connections (purple signs) to Terminal 5. You will all have access to the Galleries First lounge at T5 prior to your flight to CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.