Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:20 pm

If I am flying JFK to LHR on WT+ and that last flight will give me enough TP (the last 90 will put me at 620) to make Silver will they let me in the lounge? I am guessing no I will have to wait for my next flight but thought I would see if anyone else has tried to get access on their last qualifying flight.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jen1234
If I am flying JFK to LHR on WT+ and that last flight will give me enough TP (the last 90 will put me at 620) to make Silver will they let me in the lounge? I am guessing no I will have to wait for my next flight but thought I would see if anyone else has tried to get access on their last qualifying flight.
Welcome to FT. You won't be able to use the lounge before your flight - you need to have flown all of your qualifying flights, and in most cases for your account to have changed to the relevant status (usually 2-3 working days after the last qualifying flight).
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jen1234
I can only concur with Genius1, that I don't think you will get anywhere. Any chance of a Upgrade using Avios or perhaps paying for an upgrade? But I do need to welcome you to Flyertalk and to the BA board Jen1234, the way to see it is that this is your last lounge-less flight, in theory, and Flyertalk is a great resource for maintaining your status in an enjoyable and cost-effective way.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:56 pm

Guesting into GC but being guested into GF...?

Apols if this has already been answered in the 42 pages I've not read...!

Simplified scenario, I'm GCH, my wife SCH, friend no card.

Can my wife guest friend into GC at T5, then I take my wife into GF as my guest?

Thanks
Dave
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave

Can my wife guest friend into GC at T5, then I take my wife into GF as my guest?

Thanks
Dave
You are not supposed to dump a guest in to a lounge and then head off to another.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave

Thanks
Dave
Yes you can - and don't listen to those who tell you you 'should not' and are 'not meant to' - there is nothing in access rules that prevent you from doing exactly that. If your unattended guest causes havoc though, it will be you who suffers the consequences.

When personally faced with this scenario, we prefer to have the whole group in GC though and stay together.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Yes you can - and don't listen to those who tell you you 'should not' and are 'not meant to' - there is nothing in access rules that prevent you. If your unattended guest causes havoc though, it will be you who suffers the consequences.

When personally faced with this scenario, we prefer to have the whole group in GC though and stay together.
The person is supposed to be your guest.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
The person is supposed to be your guest.
I invited a mate to a Chelsea game as a guest. I left at half time while he stayed. Abramovich did not ask him to leave Stamford Bridge with me. But had my friend caused trouble he would have been expelled and my membership would have be under review.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:58 pm

I invited a mate to a Chelsea game as a guest. I left at half time while he stayed. Abramovich did not ask him to leave Stamford Bridge with me. But had my friend caused trouble he would have been expelled and my membership would have be under review.
Not remotely the same.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:59 pm

Not remotely the same.
Exactly the same. Show us otherwise.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:01 pm

Exactly the same. Show us otherwise.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
You are not supposed to dump a guest in to a lounge and then head off to another.

I agree 100% that such practice would be totally against the spirit & intent of the rules, even if not explicitly stated as such.

Playing fast & loose with lounge access - whilst it may seem clever - is in reality counter-productive, in as much as it can only lead to potential further tightening of procedures ; with the ultimate doomsday scenario being a blanket withdrawal of all guesting privileges.

Last edited by subject2load; Aug 28, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:50 am

As stated it was a simplified scenario to avoid lots of redundant unnecessary information. There's a number of immediate family members travelling with a mix of cards, but the effective result is that if I and my wife wish to visit GF, one of them will need guesting into GC on my wife's silver card.

My experience is that BA is very rules and process-based with negligible flexibilty, and thus the airline and its employees tend to follow the letter of the law. That was certainly the case for all those passengers just refused entry into the AA T3 arrivals lounge today because the BA LAS flight was not on the "approved" list of flights that BA had given to AA...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hi aardvarkdave ..... just by way of clarity, I personally have no issue with the way you framed your original question, and I think the response from KARFA puts things into proper perspective.

I do however see things very differently from fellow poster Takeiteasy. For me, it's about having basic respect for the spirit of the guesting rules - as opposed to taking liberties just because there is no explicit prohibition of a specific tactic.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
You can of course all use GC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.