Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze; HHonors Diamond; Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by lancefan
Originally Posted by MAN-FF
To be honest I'm not worried about the F allowance as I'll only be checking one bag anyway. I just don't want to have to collect and re-check at LHR.

I take it I can still use Flight Connections as well?

MAN-FF
No need to worry at all, check luggage in at JFK and pick them up at MAN. No re-checking at LHR. Just don't forget to tell the agent who is checking your bags in at JFK that you have a connection up to MAN.

Get your LHR-MAN boarding pass at while at JFK.

Use flight connections to go airside at T5 and enjoy the CCR.
Thanks for your advice.

MAN-FF
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Executive club & Virgin flying club
Flying into LHR in FIRST connecting to MAN - Lounge access

Hi I am due to fly from LAS to MAN via LHR later this year on a one way FIRST miles redemption.

I was wondering will this give me access to the concord lounge on my lay over in LHR?

If not what lounge options do I have?

Any help would be much appreciated
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:20 pm

Concord lounge, no. Concorde Room, yes.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You can access all lounges, including the Concorde Room. Keep your inbound F boarding pass stub to show at the CCR entrance.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
You can access all lounges, including the Concorde Room. Keep your inbound F boarding pass stub to show at the CCR entrance.
I belive the OP can show any BP to gain entrance, the computer will know he came in on F (at least that is what a CCR agent told me as she scanned my CE ticket).

OP, welcome to FlyerTalk. I would suggest you read the many trip reports here about BA F to learn about what you can expect. There are also many threads with a lot of information that you might want to take advantage of your experience. Enjoy.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Executive club & Virgin flying club
Thanks for all your advice guys - very much appreciated.

Also I will be sure to read up on all the information you mentioned. Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by will2288
I belive the OP can show any BP to gain entrance, the computer will know he came in on F (at least that is what a CCR agent told me as she scanned my CE ticket).

OP, welcome to FlyerTalk. I would suggest you read the many trip reports here about BA F to learn about what you can expect. There are also many threads with a lot of information that you might want to take advantage of your experience. Enjoy.
That is some what true but it depends if the LHR-MAN flight is on the same PNR as the F flight, if it is the boarding pass for the connecting flight should grant you access into the CCR.

If the LHR-MAN flight is on a different PNR to the inbound F flight, the computer will say no upon trying to get into the CCR if you try to gain entry with your LHR-MAN boarding pass, although you are still entitled to CCR entry as an inbound F pax and will have to show your F boarding pass.

Last edited by lancefan; Oct 18, 2011 at 5:07 pm
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:20 pm

Lounge access at T3 for a non Oneworld flight

I am a BA gold card holder. Can I use the BA lounge at T3 if I am departing on a non-OW flight?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by jfs5
I am a BA gold card holder. Can I use the BA lounge at T3 if I am departing on a non-OW flight?
Since June this year, no.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by lancefan
That is some what true but it depends if the LHR-MAN flight is on the same PNR as the F flight, if it is the boarding pass for the connecting flight should grant you access into the CCR.
Not in my experience. I've been granted lounge access even when the inbound and connecting flights are on different PNRs. Sometimes it's even been different airlines (inbound on AA plane/ticket, connection on BA plane/ticket) and I've not had difficulties with lounge access. GF, not CCR in my case, but doubt there'd be a difference.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Not in my experience. I've been granted lounge access even when the inbound and connecting flights are on different PNRs.
I don't think that's the issue.

Rather, I think that what lancefan meant was that if the two flights are on different PNRs, scanning the "other" BP won't show the lounge agent that you qualify for lounge access, because it'll only show the deep discount Y flight (or whatever). That's when you must show the BP that qualifies you for access.

However, if it's all on one PNR, scanning either BP will show the lounge agent your whole itinerary, so that the agent can immediately see that you're entitled to entry even though you've only presented the "other" BP.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser

Rather, I think that what lancefan meant was that if the two flights are on different PNRs, scanning the "other" BP won't show the lounge agent that you qualify for lounge access, because it'll only show the deep discount Y flight (or whatever). That's when you must show the BP that qualifies you for access.

However, if it's all on one PNR, scanning either BP will show the lounge agent your whole itinerary, so that the agent can immediately see that you're entitled to entry even though you've only presented the "other" BP.
I wonder if anyone can confirm this. It certainly makes sense what you are saying but I suspect the agent has a way of looking up your incoming F flight fairly easily (but that's just a guess). I can imagine some people throwing away their F BP and being upset if they were not allowed in the CCR with their different PNR boarding pass.

Either way, it certainly is a good idea to keep the F pass at the very least to be safe and potentially save time/hassle.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by Globaliser

OK, that makes sense, my initial read of the first sentence was that they had to be the same PNR for access at all.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:42 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Just received a response from BA Customer Relations, which seems to confirm that AA EXPs have access to the T5 Arrivals Lounge when arriving at T5 on a longhaul BA flight (in any cabin). More details here.

Again, while this benefit is widely discussed on FT, the dragons and their supervisor had never heard of it when I visited on the 17th of August 2011. Now at least I have an email from BA which I can print out and bring along for my next visit ^
Denied entry again at the BA Arrivals Lounge in T5 this morning, in an identical scenario to the one mentioned above (OWE arriving TATL in WT). Fortunately, I had printouts of the letter from BA Customer Relations, the BA policy document, and the AA website, so I was allowed in.

The BA staff person at the desk showed me the guide they use to determine access eligibility (the "BA Lounge Eligibility Guide"), and it clearly shows that AA EXPs (i.e. AA OWEs) are not allowed inside in these situations. Double checked and the relevant websites still say the opposite. Very strange indeed. Have sent off another message to BA Customer Relations.

In the meantime, I'd recommend that any AA EXP who is arriving at T5 in TATL WT or WT+ should bring printouts of the relevant websites (see quoted thread above). Will post if/when I hear back from BA.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Dec 1, 2011 at 4:58 am
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Instead of our usual direct LHR to LAS journey, we are thinking about stopping at JFK on the way - for some extra tier points. We're determined to get 1500 this year!!

So if we fly BA 1st to JFK and get the connecting flight to LAS on AA, can we get access to the CCR at JFK for a 5 hour layover?

And if so, can we also delay the LAS flight to the next day and still get CCR access - if it’s all on the same ticket?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.