Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:22 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
I'm assuming the AA-operated segments are in J, the BA-operated ones in Y? They will have access to T5 BA J lounges for their outbound connection by virtue of the long-haul J segment and access to the AC in T3 for their return. OW recently changed the rules such that those obtaining lounge access by virtue of travel class may only use their operating carrier's lounge while those with OW status may use any corresponding, accessible OW lounge.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
I'm assuming the AA-operated segments are in J, the BA-operated ones in Y? They will have access to T5 BA J lounges for their outbound connection by virtue of the long-haul J segment and access to the AC in T3 for their return. OW recently changed the rules such that those obtaining lounge access by virtue of travel class may only use their operating carrier's lounge while those with OW status may use any corresponding, accessible OW lounge.
The OP has said the BA sectors are in J also...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:58 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by irishguy28
This is not the thread to ask this question;
I did not post it in this thread. My post was moved.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
<moot>

Last edited by henry999; Feb 16, 2012 at 4:43 am
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Winemaker
No, only if you have a same-day onward connection.

For what it's worth, you will have access to the lounge at Toulouse before departure.
Thanks (and everyone else who answered!) though I read up on the Toulouse lounge and it sounded dreadful! Plus I have a free lounge entrance ticket from my credit card so I could have gone in there anyway! This is my first Business class flight - and the only one in the foreseeable future/ever - so I was kinda looking forward to experiencing the lounge. And after reading the blurb on BA about the on-board experience, the whole thing seems rather underwhelming now. I only got it because I needed to make a booking with airmiles and for some reason, business was the only cabin with availability. I guess now I know why - there's no way I'd possibly pay the extra for that service!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:17 pm

Am GCH flying Sin-FRA with QF and FRA-LHR with BA both in J class. All booked under one pnr. Can I use the arrivals lounge in T5? Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Poxball
Am GCH flying Sin-FRA with QF and FRA-LHR with BA both in J class. All booked under one pnr. Can I use the arrivals lounge in T5? Thanks
I do not think you can. SIN-FRA is outside the JSA, and the arrivals lounge facilities are outside the scope of the OW agreement. Besides, you will have arrived on a short haul flight to LHR and not on a long haul, so I doubt you would have access to it. However, someone else may come along and correct this if I have not understood this correctly.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I agree with LTN Phobia.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:38 am

Not very good given it was a ticket/itinerary sold to me by BA.

Anyone know if FRA lounge has a shower as it's a few years since I was there and I didn't tend to notice showers when lying SH
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by Genius1
The OP has said the BA sectors are in J also...
I think the OP interpreted "onward flight" to mean the return, not the connection. A SWU issued by AA will not apply to a BA-operated connection the way a mileage upgrade would/could, so unless they bought coach for the AA-operated flight and business for the short BA hop (which makes zero sense) then there are different meanings of "onward" being used and the actual travelers are in Y for flights operated by BA.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Quite Confused...Please Help

So I was a good FTer, read every post here, other threads, BA website, Oneworld website, etc., but I am still confused about my lounge options at LHR and would really appreciate the wisdom of the experts here.

Mrs xlax and I are flying LAX-LHR-MAD and then BCN-LHR-LAX. Our TATL flights are in CW and our London to and from Spain are in CE. We are both lowly Blue members in BAEC, but I am Aadvantage Plat/OW Saphire. We will be at LHR late morning/early afternoon in both directions.

I believe all this means that we can use the Galleries Club, Galleries Arrivals, and Elemis facilities, but not the Galleries First (or CCR). Is that correct? If not, where did I get it wrong? If so, which of these should we try to use (including which Galleries Club)?

Thanks so much.

Xlax
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by xlax
So I was a good FTer, read every post here, other threads, BA website, Oneworld website, etc., but I am still confused about my lounge options at LHR and would really appreciate the wisdom of the experts here.

Mrs xlax and I are flying LAX-LHR-MAD and then BCN-LHR-LAX. Our TATL flights are in CW and our London to and from Spain are in CE. We are both lowly Blue members in BAEC, but I am Aadvantage Plat/OW Saphire. We will be at LHR late morning/early afternoon in both directions.

I believe all this means that we can use the Galleries Club, Galleries Arrivals, and Elemis facilities, but not the Galleries First (or CCR). Is that correct? If not, where did I get it wrong? If so, which of these should we try to use (including which Galleries Club)?

Thanks so much.

Xlax
Hi Xlax,

You are correct. You can use the Galleries club, arrivals and the spa but not the Galleries First and CCR.

However Galleries arrivals is landside and is meant for pax terminating in LHR and not connecting onwards ( it closes at 2pm).

On your LAX-LHR-MAD flight follow signs for flight connections ( assuming you are going to MAD the same day, clear security and to either Galleries Club. You can get a shower by asking at the desk by spa reception at the South Galleries complex.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Poxball
Not very good given it was a ticket/itinerary sold to me by BA.

Anyone know if FRA lounge has a shower as it's a few years since I was there and I didn't tend to notice showers when lying SH
There are a couple of showers in the JL lounge at FRA. Don't know about the CX lounge.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:53 pm

We will be taking our first trip in BA F class from Houston to Barcelona with an overnight stopover in London to see some friends. Our return flight is on United so I was hoping to get into the CCR on the way in for the experience. Is there any way to get into the CCR on a LHR-terminating F-class flight with the ongoing connection the next day? We are in Club Europe for the London-Barcelona leg of the flight. Will our boarding pass from the prior day work for access? Any way to get in at the end of our TATL? Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I think that you will be disappointed - access is based on a same day departure if arriving in F - IIRC. You won't be able to get in on your arrival - you will be directed through the arrival pathways. If you have a morning arrival you will be able to access the F part of the arrivals lounge which some regard as 'CCR light'.
On the following day you will be able to use the Galleries C lounge unless OW emerald in which case you can use the F lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.