Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Lounge access rules

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I wonder how many people try the fully flex ticket "cheat". It would be nice if the lounge staff had this sort of thing come up on their screens when the cancellation happened so they could tannoy the person(s) and have a polite word about leaving should the person have entered a lounge. Probably impractical and too confrontational - not to mention an awful lot of effort on both sides of the equation!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
If you're really keen to try the lounge, book a full-flex BA ticket to a destination served from T3 ... check in, wave that BP to get yourself into the BA lounge, then from the comfort of the lounge ring up and cancel your ticket....

Enjoy the BA lounge...

Then go and catch your TG flight
That plan, I'm afraid, could cause the perpetrator to fall foul of the Fraud Act 2006.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Arranguez
I wonder how many people try the fully flex ticket "cheat"...
No-one actually does it, it gets mentioned here every so often purely to wind people up...

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That plan, I'm afraid, could cause the perpetrator to fall foul of the Fraud Act 2006.
See what I mean?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
just reporting in from the BA F lounge in T3.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Can we please not kick that debate off again?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold
Originally Posted by steve170461
just reporting in from the BA F lounge in T3.
So as well as excluding people who are entitled, they are letting in people who are not! (Gold card holder but not on a oneworld flight. Open Doors was enhanced away ages ago.)

No disrespect to steve170461, in fact he should be thanked for exposing yet again the dysfunctional state of lounge access rule application.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Probably in here somewhere, but a question regarding Concorde Room access.

If I fly First from HKG-LHR, I can use CR Arrivals.
If I were to tag on say a same day LHR-MAN domestic flight, would this get me access to the CR as I had come in on a First ticket?

Added: Seems f\ine from Page24.

One other thing.
If I were to go to CR arrivals, can I get to the CR proper from there or so I have to go groundside, re-clear security and get in that way?

Last edited by xenole; Mar 6, 2013 at 1:58 am
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by xenole
Probably in here somewhere, but a question regarding Concorde Room access.

If I fly First from HKG-LHR, I can use CR Arrivals.
If I were to tag on say a same day LHR-MAN domestic flight, would this get me access to the CR as I had come in on a First ticket?

Added: Seems f\ine from Page24.

One other thing.
If I were to go to CR arrivals, can I get to the CR proper from there or so I have to go groundside, re-clear security and get in that way?
Yes, arriving on a F flight should get you equivalent lounge access for your connection. By CR arrivals I assume you mean the small waiter service dining room for F pax/CCR in the Arrivals lounge? That is landside so yes you would have to go out and come back in via Departures and security etc. I would just stay airside personally and go to the CCR proper unless of course you really want to see it and tick it off the list
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by xenole
One other thing.
Concorde Room Arrivals is landside; it's part of the overall Arrivals Lounge set-up.

If you're connecting onward from T5, there's no obvious reason why you would use a landside lounge - or at least there's no obvious reason why you would go landside just to use a lounge (unless you want a bath rather than a shower).

Whether you head landside or not, you will have to re-clear UK security though.

And depending on queues it can actually, on occasion, be quicker for F passengers to go landside and then head through South Security and the white door to the CR, than to go through airside Flight Connections (which is at the North end of T5) and then walk back to the CR.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Silver access to T5 Arrivals Lounge?

Now, before anyone says "of course not unless you're arriving from a long-haul Club or First", this page says (or suggests) otherwise;

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_en

Galleries Arrivals lounge

The Galleries Arrivals lounge is available for those travelling in First and Club World, or Gold Executive Club members travelling longhaul. All oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members flying British Airways may also access the lounge.
Has this changed, or does it mean that an AA Sapphire member gets in but a BA Sapphire member doesn't (which is strange).

Thoughts?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
That is really strange wording! Not only does it suggest that (a) any oneworld Sapphire can access the lounge but (from the previous sentence) excludes BA's own Silvers. (b) it also seems to get rid of the longhaul requirement i.e. anyone doing a random MAN-LHR trip can pop into the lounge!

Must be a mistake, there isn't really capacity for more people to access this I think. Well there is but would make it crowded...
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: ABBA
Interesting. Means an AA platinum gets access arriving off a flight from Brussels or Manchester?

(meanwhile those long haul routes in t1 have no such luck)
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Concorde Room Access Heathrow- Question

Hi,

I will be arriving into London from JFK on a First ticket using Avios. I am connecting on a separate, new reservation to Athens due to no reward availability. Since I am arriving from a first class flight on the same day, will I have concorde room access even though I would now be traveling on a separate reservation?

I have to pay cash for the flight from London to Athens-- is it worth it to pay for club on this short flight (3.5 hrs) ?? If I only pay for economy will I have any sort of lounge access at Heathrow after arriving in First?

Thanks,
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA
You'll have CCR access before heading to Athens.
Just keep your F boarding pass

3.5 hours is enough (in my opinion) for a bit of extra space.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by nw6338
Since I am arriving from a first class flight on the same day, will I have concorde room access even though I would now be traveling on a separate reservation?
Assuming the First class flight is operated by British Airways, yes you should be allowed into the the CCR. Do keep your boarding pass from your inbound flight to show for access.

I have to pay cash for the flight from London to Athens-- is it worth it to pay for club on this short flight (3.5 hrs) ??
That is the longer end of the shorthual, generally speaking I would have said NO, keep your money.
However it depends upon what the price difference is, given that it is the longer end. Additionally it might well depend upon whether you want/need the higher Tier Points from that flight in your current membership year if chasing/retaining status.

If I only pay for economy will I have any sort of lounge access at Heathrow after arriving in First?
If you arrive same day on BA F, you should have CCR access.
If you arrive same day on another OneWorld airlines F class, you should have access to the BA F lounge.

Keep your boarding pass from the inbound flight to show, given you are not on the same booking.

Make sure you get your luggage through checked to ATH from JFK. As you are on separate bookings the checking people won't see the onward flight, have details of your booking and they will through check the bag to ATH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.