Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 3:26 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roger
Could this be interesting? E-mail from AmEx (no specific link):Hmm, lots of restrictions, and they charge for credit card use.
Ocado I'm afraid isn't Opodo!

It's the fresh bream and sourdough bread that was just delivered. Sorry if my fish raised your hopes. It wasn't out of plaice ......
Old May 27, 2010, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Just signed up online yesterday, approved immediately and tracked on Quidco within a few hours! excellent! ^
Maybe its time to sign up for another family member now. Anybody else applied for 2 MR cards through quidco??

Still concerned about the cashback for the first one, it is showing as pending still and it was a week since i queried it. Like i said i never received cashback for my PP+ and i even sent them(quidco) a little complaint last week about AMEX being the only merchant i have had to chase for payment, all i received back was a generic reply suggesting it was my browsers fault. Once again its fine now, i can keep an eye on it. Although i would like to think if i was time poor which some of you all may be, that quidco would track and pay without chasing.
Old May 27, 2010, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Roger - are you confusing your Ocado with your Opodo?
Originally Posted by uk1
Ocado I'm afraid isn't Opodo!
Oh, the shame! Quite right, of course.

Memo to self: drink another coffee before posting.

I've left my post unenhanced for the sake of continuity as the O-p-o-d-o offer looks interesting.
Old May 27, 2010, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
It's in the T&Cs that a Quidco account should only be used by one person. Your 'family member' should have his/ her own account. It'll only cost a fiver.
Old May 27, 2010, 3:58 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Still concerned about the cashback for the first one, it is showing as pending still and it was a week since i queried it.
Relax, it can take a couple of months for them to validate enquiries. Also, although Quidco have always been excellent with querying untracked purchases for me, I never count on receiving the cashback when making a purchasing decision. The pessimist is never disappointed
Old May 27, 2010, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Maybe its time to sign up for another family member now. Anybody else applied for 2 MR cards through quidco??
Just what I was about to do but can I actually apply for my other half's through my Quidco account and get the cash back?
I just opened an account for her as I assumed I could not do that...

Also (and this may have been answered already earlier in the thread so apologies if it has) is it an issue if she already had a Corporate Gold Amex?

Last edited by clubman; May 27, 2010 at 4:49 am
Old May 27, 2010, 4:35 am

Another one which gets the travel bonus: Southern Railway.
Old May 27, 2010, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
FINALLY got round to applying for this and got the 'we will review and contact you in 10 days message'. Was holding off so I can whack next Easter's holiday on it and still cancel before the fee comes round again!
Old May 27, 2010, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by mad_rich
It's in the T&Cs that a Quidco account should only be used by one person. Your 'family member' should have his/ her own account. It'll only cost a fiver.
It can work, I've had two cashback payments from O2 for mine and my wife's mobile phones.I think I had to chase one though.
Old May 27, 2010, 5:55 am

Just use TopCashBack rather than Quidco - cashback rates are as good or better than Quidco, and no annual fee. Their customer service is as-yet untested by me though.
Old May 27, 2010, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by raikje
Relax, it can take a couple of months for them to validate enquiries. Also, although Quidco have always been excellent with querying untracked purchases for me, I never count on receiving the cashback when making a purchasing decision. The pessimist is never disappointed
I was under the impression that this had been an advertised offer direct from the Quidco site?
Old May 27, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by hammythehammer
I was under the impression that this had been an advertised offer direct from the Quidco site?
Yes, I think it was mentioned on Quidco, but I still would have been wary of signing up if I was basing all my calculations around it costing £35 - I'm still reasonably satisfied with £95 for 20k MR points, plus the other benefits, and if an extra £60 comes back my way, all the better!
Old May 27, 2010, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by hammythehammer
Doesn't matter. If your application was not approved automatically online and they had to call you, write to you or otherwise review your application offline, you are theoretically not entitled to the £60 because it was not 'wholly and completely' completed online. You may well still get it but can't complain if you don't.
Old May 27, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by trickster
It can work, I've had two cashback payments from O2 for mine and my wife's mobile phones.I think I had to chase one though.
It can work, but it's against the T&C's; they are well within their rights to refuse you. Granted, it's more likely to be an issue for serial abusers, but for the sake of another fiver, I'd just set up another a/c for your wife.

Originally Posted by Quidco
# Can my account be used for purchases for my friends and family?

To keep things simple, all accounts can only be used by the registered member. So if others want to take advantage of Quidco, they will need to register themselves.
Old May 27, 2010, 8:24 am

If the cashback is the same on topcashback then might aswell apply through that as its fee free and a one off in the sense that i only need it to ensure cashback for this one transaction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.