Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by sandj
I have the same problem, although I have been accused of applying for the ordinary gold charge card not the preferred rewards one! This is despite my having the leaflet that came with the card stating 'Welcome to your Preferred Rewards Gold Card', chap in the complaints department promised to phone me back this morning but no call, phoned them and it is a day off for him. Quite ticked off with the whole thing, will be really hacked off to not get quidco and no bonus miles which is the way things are looking at the moment.
They accused me of this too but I kept on the phone and insisted I had applied for the correct card. He finally agreed with me after 'the system had updated'.
I had to talk him through the link I used on quidco too, he was on the brink of signing up to quidco to test/check what I was saying before the 'system update'

I suppose I was pleased he was curious enough to see where I'd linked from and wanted to see the landing page but annoyed with the whole process.

Last edited by Private Pyle; May 5, 2010 at 4:44 pm
Old May 6, 2010, 12:15 am
k3v

Originally Posted by Stez
Slight change of topic - for those who are having trouble adding the card to their usual Amex online username/password, a quick secure message via your online account will get Amex to link the Gold card to your account.

I discovered this and they explained that they thought they belonged to two different people and that's why clicking "adding another card" refused to work for me. Sorted within 24hrs.

Now, hopefully the miles will come through - here's hoping!

Thanks for the tip, i had set up a different user name and password not knowing any better.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:43 am

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Double Miles Not Posting

Originally Posted by adam1uk
They've just told me the same. They say there's some code that needs to go on the account in order to get the double points, and that the back office will do it in 4-5 working days.

Incidentally, it seemed very difficult to get through to a real person. So for the benefit of anyone else who needs to make this call, the direct number of the Membership Rewards department is 01273 863863.
Just called MR on the direct line (^^adam1uk!!) and a very helpful lady confirmed that there was a problem with the way some of the cards were set up, that she would 'raise a case' with whichever department deals with such things and that I should see all corrected (inc retrospective transactions) in a few days.

I did have the features and bennies screen for the Preferred Rewards Gold card up and ready to quote if necessary but didn't need it.

All in all, very professional and not at all painless.
Old May 6, 2010, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC
You weren't alone
Old May 6, 2010, 6:45 am

Quick question RE: double points on travel.

Does this work like the supermarkets where they just have a list of mainstream providers that they'll give double points to or is it only double if you use their in-house travel service?

I guess I want to know what counts (there's very little info online or in the paperwork they sent me).

If I book with ebookers would I get double?
or
Do I need to book directly with the airline/hotel group?
or
Do I need to book via American Express travel services?

Many thanks to anyone who can clear this up!
Old May 6, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by odge
Looks like a common problem...I had to phone customer services to get them to enrol the card in the membership rewards scheme, but supermarket shopping done over the weekend is showing with no bonus points, so I suspect no 20,000 points would show up when I hit the £500 trigger. I spoke to customer services again this morning, and they assured me that the bonus points appear at a later time, and that the 20,000 points would appear when I spent £500. I wasn't convinced, and was put through to Membership Rewards. The chap I spoke to there agreed that the supermarket spend should be showing the bonus points, so he has sent it to the appropriate team to action.

Moral of the story: don't be fobbed off my customer services, and speak to Membership Rewards!
Ditto with me - no double points on supermarket, spoken to MR who are arrnging it to be set up
Old May 6, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Quick question RE: double points on travel.

Does this work like the supermarkets where they just have a list of mainstream providers that they'll give double points to or is it only double if you use their in-house travel service?

I guess I want to know what counts (there's very little info online or in the paperwork they sent me).

If I book with ebookers would I get double?
or
Do I need to book directly with the airline/hotel group?
or
Do I need to book via American Express travel services?

Many thanks to anyone who can clear this up!
It is most likely to be based upon the MCC, I would have thought.
Old May 6, 2010, 8:50 am

Well I got phoned today and apologized to profusely and told it was their mistake, took the chap's name as I won't hold my breath that the bonus points will appear but I am confident that it will be sorted if it doesn't.
Old May 6, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
I took this up using the secure message centre a week or so ago - some of my back-dated bonus points have now appeared. There's an entry for travel which says "Travel Bonus", and one for groceries - "First year welcome bonus". I think they have rolled a few actual transactions into one transaction for the bonus points, and I still have other transactions which should get bonus points.

So there will be a bit of work to keep track of this, but Amex are sorting it out ^
Old May 7, 2010, 1:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Had the same issues with the incorrect account set-up. Most of these have been manually altered by AMEX now, but my first couple of transactions are still missing. I'll give them a few days to sort it though.

The 20,000 bonus has now posted though and is listed as
Originally Posted by AMEX
Gold Q2 2010 Acquisition Bonus
Old May 7, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Have spent >£500 and the MR points have posted (no double points as not a qualifying spend type), but no bonus points yet. Will give it a few more days.
Old May 7, 2010, 3:27 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
I emailed them (via the "secure message centre" thing) asking about points not posting at all for my opening purchases. Got a response within 24hrs saying there was a glitch, sorry, it would be fixed. Today I have the points I should have, including double for supermarket spend (but no 20k because I haven't spent £500 yet).
Old May 7, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Well, it's been a week since my case was raised and the bonus points still haven't appeared. Phoned Membership Rewards again and they were (to be fair) very helpful. I was told that the correct code needs to be applied to the card but that process is done by a team in Argentina!! They also said that they were aware of the problem - a large batch of cards were issued with the wrong code and they are working to resolve it.

I'll give them another week.
Old May 7, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by londonLHR
Ditto with me - no double points on supermarket, spoken to MR who are arrnging it to be set up
Thanks for the heads up from various posters.

My card had been set up as a "Gold" instead of "Preferred Gold" so no double points on relevant spends.

MR will sort it out

Also my Quidco has not tracked.

Will keep an eye out for both to be fixed
Old May 7, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by blindman
Thanks for the heads up from various posters.

My card had been set up as a "Gold" instead of "Preferred Gold" so no double points on relevant spends.

MR will sort it out

Also my Quidco has not tracked.

Will keep an eye out for both to be fixed
Is there anyway to find out how its been set up online? my card is marked as

The Gold Card®

I recieved only single points for a shop in Waitrose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.