Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 8:20 am
uk1
Suspended

???

14/05/2010 First year welcome bonus 193
Doesn't seem to relate to anything. Still no bonus points (more than £2k spent on this card) and mrs uk1's card still shows no bonus points either.
Old May 16, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
???

Doesn't seem to relate to anything. Still no bonus points (more than £2k spent on this card) and mrs uk1's card still shows no bonus points either.
I had something like that - it was the bonus points for all the items that went through without any bonus before the card was re-issued as a preferred gold card.
Old May 16, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: BA, DC, IC
My card came weeks ago and have since been earning points. However, I got another one through the door yesterday, completely different number.
Old May 16, 2010, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
A phrase which implies that this 20k promo may indeed be a one-off and not carried on after 8th June (or whatever the stated date was)
Just for clarity, I presume that the deadline refers to approved applications, and not the date of the £500, which I believe I have read has to be within 3 months?

Still weighing up whether to apply or not. The card fee is my barrier, so am curious about the success rate of Quidco cashback.
Old May 16, 2010, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Yes

I haven't applied yet, but that is because I know we will run up a huge hotel bill next Easter and want to be able to sticky it on the card for double points before I cancel it!
Old May 16, 2010, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by mycity68
My card came weeks ago and have since been earning points. However, I got another one through the door yesterday, completely different number.
Me too: seems to have been a result of the "Preferred" status having been missed off initially. Now that I have activated my second card, the Membership Rewards system appears to work just fine.

(As an aside, I recently replaced my BA Amex PP card as the old one had broken, but the new one appeared online as a 'non-UK' card at first and now shows separately, almost as if it were an additional card on the same account rather than a replacement. Seems IT issues are rife over at Amex at the moment.)
Old May 17, 2010, 2:53 am
JSC

To add a further layer of combinations, my online account shows just "Gold Card" yet I am receiving MR on purchases, including double points on Waitrose and train tickets. So it looks like my card has been set up correctly even without the "Preferred". Does this mean I will definitely get the 20k MR?

Cheers
Old May 17, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by mycity68
Originally Posted by _nate
Me too: seems to have been a result of the "Preferred" status having been missed off initially.
Read the flipping thread, I've reported on this before
Old May 17, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by trickster
Still weighing up whether to apply or not. The card fee is my barrier, so am curious about the success rate of Quidco cashback.
I don't think anyone's yet been paid out - or even tracked - yet, but I expect it to come through eventually.

Even without the cashback, £95 for 20,000 miles is still less than 0.5p per mile
Old May 17, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Even without the cashback, £95 for 20,000 miles is still less than 0.5p per mile
.... with the added benefit that you can hold of transferring them for as long as you hold the card, and thus have the option of 'topping up' Hilton, BMI, Eurostar, SPG, Jumeirah, Priority Club accounts as well!
Old May 17, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC
I applied on presumption of paying 95quid and the quidco a bonus if it gets paid.

I think I can start making noises with quidco as of today so we'll see how it goes.
Old May 17, 2010, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by weirdfish
I applied on presumption of paying 95quid and the quidco a bonus if it gets paid.

I think I can start making noises with quidco as of today so we'll see how it goes.
Indeed. Put my quidco enquiry in this afternoon, but if it doesn't get paid, I won't be whinging too much - even at £95, it's a good deal.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Indeed. Put my quidco enquiry in this afternoon, but if it doesn't get paid, I won't be whinging too much - even at £95, it's a good deal.
I would be whinging at a £95 cost. I am sure it will track though after being chased.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC
My quidco account is now showing the 60quid but have to wait up to 60 days now to find out if its been agreed or declined. A quick process it's not
Old May 17, 2010, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Read the flipping thread, I've reported on this before
Nobody told me I was expecting a new card, unlike you: mine just turned up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.