Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for 35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

20,000 BA Miles for 35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Old May 27, 10, 9:27 am

60 posted in Quidco here, 2 days after a manual claim.
Old May 27, 10, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JPS76 View Post
Actually paid or just in the processing stage?
Old May 27, 10, 9:49 am

Did mine via 'Top CashBack'. The estimated date that the 60 actually becomes payable is the 31st of July!
Old May 27, 10, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Robbyb View Post
Did mine via 'Top CashBack'. The estimated date that the 60 actually becomes payable is the 31st of July!
Unfortunately I think these delays are often the case. I had a hotels.com transaction delay for over 3 months last year but did finally get it.
Old May 27, 10, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Be grateful. My longest outstanding Quidco is a Lufthansa transaction from last October which still hasn't paid.
Old May 27, 10, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Funnily enough, I have a Lufty from October too, along with 2x Hertz from over a year ago. They are all validated but unpaid.

Just sent a query and apparently there are 'delays with payment with these merchants due to their affiliate network being behind with their processing'.
Old May 27, 10, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC, Tesco ClubCard, PriorityClub Gold now, Amex Gold
Has anyone actually received their 20,000 MR Points just for 'spending' 500 to Paypal?
Old May 27, 10, 11:40 am
uk1
Suspended

It often states on the front page that it has tracked - but if you check the actual transaction ie go to the month, open the drop down list - and check it may say under the status column:

XX Apr 2010 American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card 95.00 60.00 enquiry being processed
Old May 27, 10, 1:27 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Here's a question. When I load my Paypal card on my BA Amex, it comes up as 'PayPal Singapore' on the statement, albeit it is charged in . Does loading a PayPal card on the Gold Amex count as a foreign purchase and thus double points? Someone already posted that they got double points for a foreign purchase which was denominated ....
It has nothing to do with Singapore. That's just how the bit of code that is rendering your statement narratives is presenting it to you.

It's trying to extract country information form the last two characters of the string. The last two chars are SG, which is the ISO 2-digit CC for Singapore.

However, the last four digits are actually RBSG, or 'RBS Group' - the card account is with the Royal Bank of Scotland.

You often get this kind of thing happening with any 3rd party payments made using Paypal, regardless of the card network. Here you are paying RBSG through Paypal.
Old May 27, 10, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
And there's a worthwhile thing I've learnt today, cheers David-A
Old May 27, 10, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
It often states on the front page that it has tracked - but if you check the actual transaction ie go to the month, open the drop down list - and check it may say under the status column:
Yup - getting ahead of myself - sorry for the false alarm!
Old May 27, 10, 2:18 pm
uk1
Suspended

Yup - getting ahead of myself - sorry for the false alarm!
I noticed the discrepancy some time ago. False hopes ..... easilly dashed!
Old May 27, 10, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Doesn't matter. If your application was not approved automatically online and they had to call you, write to you or otherwise review your application offline, you are theoretically not entitled to the 60 because it was not 'wholly and completely' completed online. You may well still get it but can't complain if you don't.
Correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't say it has to be wholly completed online. It just says: "for an approved and issued American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card".

My application wasn't approved online, and I have to wait 10 days also.
Old May 27, 10, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by trickster View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't say it has to be wholly completed online. It just says: "for an approved and issued American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card".

My application wasn't approved online, and I have to wait 10 days also.
You'll find the generic Quidco T&C's discuss this:

"Why has my cashback been declined?
It is disappointing when your cashback is declined and there are various reasons why this might happen. These are listed below ....

■The purchase was not completed wholly online"
Old May 27, 10, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by adam1uk View Post
Another one which gets the travel bonus: Southern Railway.
Not sure if posted before but Hotels.com gets the travel bonus (999pts for 333 spend), also validated next day on Quidco.

Search this Thread