Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by _nate
Nobody told me I was expecting a new card, unlike you: mine just turned up.
I take it you need everything doing for you? No powers of assumption or the like for you I see
Old May 17, 2010, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I take it you need everything doing for you? No powers of assumption or the like for you I see
I don't really understand your point. Yes, I did read the 20 pages of comments here, and I replied to another poster to indicate that when I informed Amex that my account had been set up incorrectly, they said it would be corrected but did not inform me that I would be receiving a new card. However, they sent one anyway, and I thought it might be useful to point out this trend such that people would know to expect one even if they had not been told they would receive one.

Incidentally, the new card did not work at first. I had to unlock the PIN, and after this it worked. The error I got when using it in Chip and PIN terminals in two different locations was 'declined' but Amex said they had no record of the transactions. Unlocking the PIN, despite no indication of the PIN having been locked, caused it to work.
Old May 17, 2010, 8:41 pm

Now that the bonus miles are working (after a phone call to MR customer services), they're going great guns. I'm getting double miles on train fares, and triple miles at tesco petrol stations.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by weirdfish
My quidco account is now showing the 60quid but have to wait up to 60 days now to find out if its been agreed or declined. A quick process it's not
Mine too, after I submitted a query.

I telephoned AMEX yesterday and they are changing the coding on many accounts to reflect the change to preferred MR and the points will be updated and back dated.
Old May 18, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Have read this thread and the Amex BA thread the result being an information overload on the grey matter. I am confused, which card can be used to top up a paypal card and register as spend not cash.

Regards

cal
Old May 18, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by xcalx
Have read this thread and the Amex BA thread the result being an information overload on the grey matter. I am confused, which card can be used to top up a paypal card and register as spend not cash.

Regards

cal
Any Amex should be ok, however, I can confirm that the BA PP card works a treat to add funds to the TopUp card.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Deleted .

Last edited by Raffles; May 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm
Old May 18, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I have had two very different experiences applying for this card, one for me and one for Mrs Megoi.

Both applications got the can't be approved instantly online message, however after that the experiences were very different.

Mrs Megoi's card arrived in 4 days, has now over the required £500 spent on it and as yet no bonus points have appeared. Pinged a message off to customer services and just got this response:

"Thank you for your email regarding the 20,000 bonus Membership Reward points and double Membership Reward points you earn on supermarket and petrol spend in your first year of card membership.

I apologise for any confusion or concern this may have caused. We are currently experiencing a technical issue with the double Membership Reward points you should be earning. Our Technologies team are aware of this issue and are looking to get this resolved as a matter of urgency. In the meantime I have set up a case to our Back Office team requesting them to look at your account individually and add the bonus points manually. Please allow 7-10 working days for these to be added to your account.

With regards to the 20,000 bonus Membership Reward points, these are applied to your account approximately one month after you have reached the required spend of £500 within the first three months of your account being opened."

On the other hand, my card took over a month to appear - I was told there has "huge demand for this card that was holding things up".

First transactions appeared on my account today (took 4 days which feels like a long time) and no bonus miles have been awarded.

I guess I will be pinging off a second message!!!!

Hope this info may be of help.

Cheers,
Conor
Old May 19, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Smile statement

following exchange of a secure message
I have been given the welcome bonus for just one item -
when all should qualify!

my statement has been issued too....

it says

"Thank you for using our services. Your enquiry is receiving attention".

not enough attention obviously!

hopefull all the trouble with these cards will keep their it department busy
Old May 19, 2010, 10:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Encouraged by other posters I submitted an online enquiry about missing double Membership Reward points and received the following reply.

Dear NewbieRunner,

Thank you for your recent e-mail in regards to the Preferred Rewards on your Gold card account.

I apologise if there has been any confusion on this matter. After looking at your account I can see that you are enrolled in the Preferred Rewards Scheme. In order to make sure that these are being appointed to you correctly, I will be more than happy to pass this information on to the Back Office Team who will be able to investigate and rectify any problems with the points.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Should you have any other queries for us about this or other matters please don’t hesitate to send us an email or call our Customer Services department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 01273 620555 and we will be happy to be of assistance.

Yours sincerely, xxxxxx xxxxxx
So far, so good. The next hurdle : Quidco cashback!
Old May 20, 2010, 1:30 pm

As expected i had to submit a missing transaction/payment enquiry.

Foolishly during step 3 when quidco requested your card type and card number i entered my MR Gold card details which i have now realised they probably meant the card i used for the purchase(which obviously there was no card). Hopefully that should not matter and i see that quidco has not 'tentatively' added my £60 cashback as pending.
Old May 20, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by pazza2000
i entered my MR Gold card details
Which is correct. That is the page where you provide specific information requested by the merchant to help them locate your transaction. It only wants your card number because that is how Amex identify your account - it is not a standard Quidco question.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: UA, SPG
I have an US AMEX Gold and will be doing a Global Transfer when I move to the UK. Can anyone confirm whether it's possible to transfer miles to the ANA frequent flyer program? Thanks so much.
Old May 23, 2010, 2:37 am

Quidco now showing the £60 as tracking ^
Old May 23, 2010, 3:09 am

Programs: BA silver
I set up a quidco transaction enquiry yesterday. I also had to think what they meant by card name- till I realised I hadn't used one. It is now showing as tracking but I don't suppose that means much just now. Will be good when someone actually gets cashback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.