Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by PhxAce
My girlfriend and I flew "old first" from LHR to PHX in early July on Avios (plus tax, of course). We filled out the card but never saw the miles credited.

When I followed up I was advised that since we booked on Avios, we were not entitled to the 50K credit.

To seasoned veterans: Does that sound right?

Thanks!
No, that's not right PhxAce. The only situation I'm aware of where the compensation is not paid is for an OpUp. Other than that it doesn't matter how you paid (cash or redemption).
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: MUCCI
Tracking NF [New First]

Yes - even if you paid with Avios you should get the compensation......

FD.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
If there was a change in the 50k avios compensation program, they would not have handed out the card to fill out. I flew DFW-LHR, LHR-PHX late May-Early June. Not only OF but the same aircraft -LZ. Filled out cards both ways and recieved 50K for each way and I had booked with Avios. It did take longer than I thought, roughly 2 weeks for the them to credit.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:33 am

A quick question for someone. I just looked at FT Dashboard and it shows G-CIVC having flown BA 269 yesterday (Aug 27th) to LAX. This is a 100% A-380 route. While substitutions are always possible I am very skeptical that BA would substitute with an OF 744. In addition, I was on Flt24 radar and actually saw A-380 -XLEE land at LHR today (Aug 28th) showing as BA 268. This should of course be the return of yesterday's BA 269. Can I assume in this case FT Dashboard is incorrect?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Don't know if it is related to this at all?

http://www.thebasource.com/british-a...m-las-vegas-2/
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by davidrr16
Don't know if it is related to this at all?

http://www.thebasource.com/british-a...m-las-vegas-2/
I was actually in LV on Tuesday and saw CIVC still being worked on. By the time I was leaving later that afternoon back to PHX, it was back to the gates and getting ready to fly back to LHR, belive it flew back as BA 9609. I would have been back at LHR (yesterday the 27th) concievably in time to fly the BA 269 route later that afternoon. I just can't believe BA would send it (OF) on this route.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
On the BA59 tonight, originally had 5E/F booked, now old first. 5F is broken, so moved to 2K, and told at bag drop that they have known for a while the seat is broken on 5F but they won't fix it
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by escape2sun
On the BA59 tonight, originally had 5E/F booked, now old first. 5F is broken, so moved to 2K, and told at bag drop that they have known for a while the seat is broken on 5F but they won't fix it
Which aircraft are you on? G-BNLF? Or G-BNLW? Or another one?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Originally Posted by escape2sun
Which aircraft are you on? G-BNLF? Or G-BNLW? Or another one?
To answer my own questions, it looks like it was G-CIVL - NF.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Tracking NF [New First]

It was a late switch to CIVL, when we got on the route map was to Kuwait. My original seat, 5F was fine.

When we left the CCR they mentioned it had been changed to NF
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!

I was trying to see whether the reason that 5F wasn't being fixed was because the aircraft was about to be withdrawn - and if so, which aircraft it was. There's some uncertainty about whether it's G-BNLE or G-BNLF to be withdrawn next month, and this might have given us a clue.

Hope you enjoyed the NF.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks!

I was trying to see whether the reason that 5F wasn't being fixed was because the aircraft was about to be withdrawn - and if so, which aircraft it was. There's some uncertainty about whether it's G-BNLE or G-BNLF to be withdrawn next month, and this might have given us a clue.

Hope you enjoyed the NF.
There is always the possibility however that the way BA are using OF as a J overflow that the aircraft in question is one of those being retained for the time being and will just see out its days with 5F not being fixed and so used with a seat light. The other possibilities are it will eventually see the inside of CWL to either be fitted with NF or for 5F to be replaced with another OF seat from a withdrawn aircraft.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
There is always the possibility however that the way BA are using OF as a J overflow that the aircraft in question is one of those being retained for the time being and will just see out its days with 5F not being fixed and so used with a seat light. The other possibilities are it will eventually see the inside of CWL to either be fitted with NF or for 5F to be replaced with another OF seat from a withdrawn aircraft.
Indeed - so it might have been instructive to find out which aircraft it was!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Indeed - so it might have been instructive to find out which aircraft it was!
Agreed, my money's on LE to be the next to go, I have no hard evidence for this, just a feeling that as it was due to go in Feb it has probably outstayed its welcome in BA's eyes more than LF.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Agreed, my money's on LE to be the next to go, I have no hard evidence for this, just a feeling that as it was due to go in Feb it has probably outstayed its welcome in BA's eyes more than LF.
At the time of the re-jig following LL's accident, it was said here that LE went in for some work to be done to extend her life to September 2014, and LF went in for work to extend her life by 3-4 years (presumably a D-check that hadn't been scheduled for her). I've been told that this was definitely the plan as recently as May 2014. My lists are based on that information.

However, Jethro's says that it's LF that is due to be withdrawn in September 2014, with LE to soldier on. As Jethro's has a track record of being reliable, I wouldn't dismiss this out of hand.

I think that if LE is withdrawn next month, her NF cabin is expected to go into VC. If LF is withdrawn, though, that's simply one more OF cabin out of the fleet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.