Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I think the default is to simply not discriminate at all. If you're there in the arguably shabby/worn/old First, you'll get the 'we're sorry' 50K bonus. Honestly, it's taken them way too long to upgrade the fleet.
I'd say. Have you seen EY's new F on the 380?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-airbu...ments-revealed
Old May 4, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I'd say. Have you seen EY's new F on the 380?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-airbu...ments-revealed
That's incredible.

Just priced up The Residence as part of a trip to Tokyo. I closed it very quickly...
Old May 4, 2014, 1:12 pm

... Honestly, it's taken them way too long to upgrade the fleet.
Totally agree. It is dragging on forever.

Mum and Dad (who are infrequent leisure flyers) had the bad luck of getting it last year in both directions (SFO and back from PHX) with no compo. I'm off to SFO in Sept, with currently a 47% of getting OF. I would prefer NF rather than the 50K Avios.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Honestly, it's taken them way too long to upgrade the fleet.
The upgrade/refurbishment process actually finished last year. The remaining OF mid-J 744s were never part of the refurbishment plan.

However, as aircraft with NF are retired, BA have taken the decision to fit these NF cabins to the remaining OF aircraft that won't be retired. This process will understandably take some time, because aircraft are only retired when new aircraft are delivered, and this isn't a very speedy process.

I guess the aircraft to be retired have changed since the original refurbishment plan was implemented.
Old May 4, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
The remaining OF mid-J 744s were never part of the refurbishment plan.

However, as aircraft with NF are retired, BA have taken the decision to fit these NF cabins to the remaining OF aircraft that won't be retired. This process will understandably take some time, because aircraft are only retired when new aircraft are delivered, and this isn't a very speedy process.
This still doesn't change the situation that BA has overseen a situation where OF aircraft will still be flying into 2015, and who knows, maybe beyond. They could have chosen to invest more to update First across the fleet, but chose not to.

Of course, they have the right to make that commercial decision, just as I have have the right to criticise it, and you to defend it.
Old May 5, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
Originally Posted by Genius1
The upgrade/refurbishment process actually finished last year. The remaining OF mid-J 744s were never part of the refurbishment plan.

I guess the aircraft to be retired have changed since the original refurbishment plan was implemented.

G-BNLT was retired April 1st, already in Victorville. It was NF, which OF airframe was fit with its NF interior? One OF airframe has been to Cardiff since then or they could schedule airframes with better coordination of the interior swap.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
G-BNLT was retired April 1st, already in Victorville. It was NF, which OF airframe was fit with its NF interior? One OF airframe has been to Cardiff since then or they could schedule airframes with better coordination of the interior swap.
Yes, I've also been wondering about how long the NF interiors stripped from retiring planes hang around at Cardiff.

I expect fitting them into OF frames isn't as simple as it sounds. Blocking off each third window and fitting the shades can't be cheap. Maybe there would need to be some rewiring too.
Old May 5, 2014, 11:43 am

G-CIVA will have NF fitted shortly
Old May 5, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
One of my upcoming fall flights IAH-LHR seems to now be about 100% NF. Was hoping to get a 50K avios on that puppy, now I can only hope that LHR-CPT doesn't turn NF in between now and then. ;-0
Old May 5, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: FT
One of my upcoming fall flights IAH-LHR seems to now be about 100% NF. Was hoping to get a 50K avios on that puppy, now I can only hope that LHR-CPT doesn't turn NF in between now and then. ;-0
same here. after several glasses of champagne and some JW Blue I could sleep on a rock so don't really care on my short YYZ-LHR flights...
Old May 19, 2014, 9:00 am

Can anyone say why the DFW flt 192/193 is not really tracked on FT Dashboard for NF? I am flying out on May 30th and it does not appear that it is tracked like most LHR flights. On FlightRadar24, my random checks appear that it is a high NF route.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
The data looks wrong, it's showing 767 for the past few weeks.

I had NF on Thursday and OF yesterday on 744.
Old May 19, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Sirius Silver, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
Can anyone say why the DFW flt 192/193 is not really tracked on FT Dashboard for NF? I am flying out on May 30th and it does not appear that it is tracked like most LHR flights. On FlightRadar24, my random checks appear that it is a high NF route.
I don't know why it's not tracking on Ft Dashboard but do check the route tracker on www.thebasource.com which has accurate information. It appears lately to be 50/50 between HiJ and MidJ therefore you're not fully guaranteed NF. For what it's worth, I flew DFW to LHR last week and was in NF.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by jamiebf
I don't know why it's not tracking on Ft Dashboard but do check the route tracker on www.thebasource.com which has accurate information. It appears lately to be 50/50 between HiJ and MidJ therefore you're not fully guaranteed NF. For what it's worth, I flew DFW to LHR last week and was in NF.
What seems to be another oddity is that FlightAware isn't really showing accurate information on the 193/192 DFW route also. Not worried, OF=50K Avios, NF is always good too. Returning direct PHX on Flt 289 a few days later and will have the same chances. Although with the retirement of some of the OF 744's the % of NF keeps going higher.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I am planning to fly BA295 (LHR-ORD) in F APR2015. This equipment is listed as a 744.

Based on the information in the first post, by this time all 744 should be NF as Mid-J 744 will have been retired.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.