Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Originally Posted by nux
But some OF aircraft are being (and have been) refitted with NF, so perhaps these will be part of those.
Correct and that has already started, I am trying to get an updated list of aircraft with OF and their retirement dates.
From the retirements thread:-
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Forthcoming retirements in chronological order:-
Code:
G-BNLI mid   21.04.1990   106,406   08.2014
G-BNLE hi    15.11.1989    96,719   09.2014
G-BNLW mid   05.03.1992    95,401   10.2014
G-BNLG mid   27.02.1990    88,163*  07.2015
G-BNLU mid   28.01.1992    90,096   10.2015
G-BNLV mid   20.02.1992    89,891   11.2015
G-BNLX mid   03.04.1992    94,402   11.2015
G-BNLZ mid   04.03.1993    85,701   01.2016
Remaining OF aircraft with no planned retirement dates (and which may be refitted with NF):-
Code:
G-BNLJ mid   23.05.1990   104,044
G-BNLF mid   28.02.1990   101,924               [Retirement deferred]
G-CIVA mid   22.03.1993    93,589
G-BNLY mid   10.02.1993    92,331
G-CIVC mid   26.02.1994    89,575
* Reported hours as at 31.12.2011; all others 31.12.2012.
+ Lite.
Aircraft in red are OF mid-J.
G-CIVA is (apparently) already having NF fitted now, so if LX and LZ do not have NF installed, then the four NF cabins due to be retired by November 2015 could go into the other four OF aircraft with no retirement dates. But unless BA has more NF cabins ready for installation so that LX and LZ can have NF as well, these two might well end up being the last OF aircraft.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am flying from Phx to LHR on the 15th of July on First. How can I know if my flight has the NF or the OF? My ticket says, selling class "A". I just bought my ticket on First. If it is OF, shouldn't BA not sell me a First class ticket as per their new announcement considering OF as Business class seats for the PHX BA288 flights?

I just checked, after the end of October, you cannot actually book a first class ticket from PHX to LHR. Only Business class is available and when it comes to seat selection, you can choose from mid, front and upper deck! No more first class on PHX-LHR! I checked for 1 month in advance....not one direct flight that has first class! Now that sucks!

Last edited by Soly; Jul 9, 2014 at 3:02 am
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to (posting on) FT, Soly!
Originally Posted by Soly
I am flying from Phx to LHR on the 15th of July on First. How can I know if my flight has the NF or the OF?
When you arrive at the gate, look at the aircraft. New First aircraft have some window blanks in the first class section (zone A on the main deck, forward of doors 1) because the interior window fitting gives a pair of windows to each seat, and the extra windows are blanked out.

As you are starting your journey from the US, you could also use one of the online tools to see the registration of the aircraft that's operating the LHR-PHX flight on your day of travel, after that aircraft has departed LHR. Then you can look up whether it's a NF or OF aircraft.

Beyond these measures, there are no reliable public ways of knowing for sure. There could be an aircraft substitution at any time up to a couple of hours before the LHR-PHX flight actually departs.
If it is OF, shouldn't BA not sell me a First class ticket as per their new announcement considering OF as Business class seats for the PHX BA288 flights?
No, because the withdrawal of First from PHX only takes effect at the end of October. After that, some lucky passengers will get a windfall benefit because they'll get to sit in a first class seat for the price of a business class ticket, even if it is Old First rather than New First.

For the moment, Old First remains First - although you will get your automatic 50,000 Avios compensation (or the travel voucher alternative) for it being Old First.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to (posting on) FT, Soly!When you arrive at the gate, look at the aircraft. New First aircraft have some window blanks in the first class section (zone A on the main deck, forward of doors 1) because the interior window fitting gives a pair of windows to each seat, and the extra windows are blanked out.

As you are starting your journey from the US, you could also use one of the online tools to see the registration of the aircraft that's operating the LHR-PHX flight on your day of travel, after that aircraft has departed LHR. Then you can look up whether it's a NF or OF aircraft.

Beyond these measures, there are no reliable public ways of knowing for sure. There could be an aircraft substitution at any time up to a couple of hours before the LHR-PHX flight actually departs.No, because the withdrawal of First from PHX only takes effect at the end of October. After that, some lucky passengers will get a windfall benefit because they'll get to sit in a first class seat for the price of a business class ticket, even if it is Old First rather than New First.

For the moment, Old First remains First - although you will get your automatic 50,000 Avios compensation (or the travel voucher alternative) for it being Old First.
Thanks!

Could you please give me the link where i can ask for the 50K Avios comp?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:40 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Thanks!

It should be proactively provided by the crew.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by nux
It should be proactively provided by the crew.
If it's old first they will hand you a small postcard sized form to complete.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:33 am

And here is 'said' card.

Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for the pictures golfmad ^

Typically shabby OF cabin, with clearly dirty IFE arm which the card is resting on. Also no flowers in front of 4EF.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:58 pm

Thanks for the info nux.

Thanks for the info and pictures golf mad.

I wouldn't mind 50K Avios. That will be 100K Avios for me and my wife if we get OF.

I guess form now on, I am going to have to go through LAX (closest to Phoenix).

Any news if eliminating First out of Phoenix is permanent?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
Thanks for the info nux.

Thanks for the info and pictures golf mad.

I wouldn't mind 50K Avios. That will be 100K Avios for me and my wife if we get OF.

I guess form now on, I am going to have to go through LAX (closest to Phoenix).

Any news if eliminating First out of Phoenix is permanent?
Soly if you are logging in this morning, flight 289 today is operated by CIVL so you will be in NF and no Avios. The flight is actually running 15 minutes early at this point in time due to arrive in PHX at 16:45. Without any ground delays (heavy monsoon storms have been present almost every evening) you should be on time with your departure.

As far as perminant elimination of First from the Phoenix route along with the other 4 routes announced, I have not heard that. It will depend on the delivery of future new aircraft to BA and what they intend on flying to Phoenix once the last of the OF 744's are retired.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:04 pm

I will be going on the A380 out of LAX in November with my wife and (Very Calm/non-crying/loves to fly like daddy) 1 1/2 year old. Currently we are booked in 4e/4f. My question is would it be comfortable on the A380 layout to be in 4f/4k? My little one loves the window seat of airplanes but I also want to be sure we are close to each other. Would anyone recommend changing it or staying where we currently are? Thank you for the advice!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:34 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by jmr851
I will be going on the A380 out of LAX in November with my wife and (Very Calm/non-crying/loves to fly like daddy) 1 1/2 year old. Currently we are booked in 4e/4f. My question is would it be comfortable on the A380 layout to be in 4f/4k? My little one loves the window seat of airplanes but I also want to be sure we are close to each other. Would anyone recommend changing it or staying where we currently are? Thank you for the advice!
You are guaranteed NF on an A380.
You may want to look at this thread for your seating query: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...on-thread.html
4F/K are closely aligned with an aisle in between, however the seats are angled away from each other so would be difficult to converse. 4E/F you are closer and angled together so easier to converse, however you would need to go around to the other aisle if you need to assist with anything.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Why would something like IAH-LHR 0194 all of a sudden apparently change to OF for the foreseeable future?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Why would something like IAH-LHR 0194 all of a sudden apparently change to OF for the foreseeable future?
What makes you think it will change?

It hasn't done up to now? What's your information source going forward?

http://www.ftdashboard.net/flight/ba194.htm
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by golfmad
What makes you think it will change?

It hasn't done up to now? What's your information source going forward?

http://www.ftdashboard.net/flight/ba194.htm

thanks, I think i'z was reading it wrong. Thinking the purple being different than the NF Green meant OF or 744 but most likely OF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.