Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes, it was F9 A0 every day.

So it wasn't really a question of:-
A fares are sometimes reserved for promotions and might only come available at certain times, to be removed later. Right now it appears that BA is not interested in selling any discounted first for that time period and route. That may change as you get closer.

DAK
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
From BA Source "British Airways B747-400 G-CIVA Positions to Cardiff Maintenance." Any chance if it returns with NF?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
From BA Source "British Airways B747-400 G-CIVA Positions to Cardiff Maintenance." Any chance if it returns with NF?
Highly likely.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:51 pm

I seem to be developing a tactic of flying on 747s that then get taken out of service for one reason or another.

A month ago I'm on the final flight of G-BNLS and then I fly in on G-CIVA over the weekend only for it to go into maintenance.

Short answer - don't fly with me ;-)
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes, it was F9 A0 every day.

So it wasn't really a question of:-
Correct. I am still learning the lingo. But I did search for several adjacent days for A availability and there was none. Never happened to me before. Therefore my question. Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:50 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Mattan
Correct. I am still learning the lingo. But I did search for several adjacent days for A availability and there was none. Never happened to me before. Therefore my question. Thanks.
LAS is now no longer offering F, and will be a dedicated OF route but sold as J only. So looks like BA was willing to sell full fare F tickets and re-route, but now F is zeroed out.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ll-744s-j.html
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nux
LAS is now no longer offering F, and will be a dedicated OF route but sold as J only. So looks like BA was willing to sell full fare F tickets and re-route, but now F is zeroed out.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ll-744s-j.html
Have booked a I ticket to LAS on Jan 15th. With some luck I might end up in a OF seat then. Have used them a couple of times to LAS before and found them quite cozy. Probably with club food/wine though. Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:37 am

When an upgraded NF aircraft is taken out of service and the cabin moved to an OF, how long does this take and what does it cost?

Is there a reason why there wasn't a retirement plan that saw the aircraft due to be retired sooner not fitted with NF? (Or was there such a plan and it was superseded by operation changes?)
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The reason for the late retirement was due to production delays on our new A380's and B787's.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:30 am

From BA Source and noted in threads above.

"Old First to Become Business Class on B747-400 Routes.

June 18, 2014

British Airways today removed First Class inventory from the following Boeing 747-400 services from the start of the Winter 2014 timetable:

BA43/BA42 London Heathrow – Cape Town
BA85/BA84 London Heathrow – Vancouver
BA275/BA274 London Heathrow – Las Vegas
BA289/BA288 London Heathrow – Phoenix.

These flights will be allocated to Old First fitted Boeing 747-400s. On these services should more than 52 Business Class seats be sold then the First Class cabin will be opened up for high status Business Class passengers, although with Business Class service."

From a very selfish perspective because I routinely fly from Phoenix, this is very disappointing. Over four years from the NF announcement, getting NF on a hit and miss basis, now this announcement because BA refused to step up to the plate and do the right thing and get the last few 744's converted to NF. Bad decision in my opinion and will now look to fly on another airline until they can get delivery of their new aircraft and hopefully get F service back to these cities. If not, I will need to connect to a city with NF if I want to fly BA.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All of the aircraft with OF will be retired in about 12 months so if PHX retains a B744 it will get NF back, using OF as CW is only a temporary measure.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
All of the aircraft with OF will be retired in about 12 months so if PHX retains a B744 it will get NF back, using OF as CW is only a temporary measure.
Unless there is a revised schedule (see page 280 of this thread) the last two 744's with OF to be retired are:

G-BNLX November 2015
G-BNLZ January 2016

Not really 12 months. As the number of OF frames decline, maybe they begin to limit the number of cities that they are dedicated to. They are starting with 4 cities with no F, maybe as they get down to the last few OF frames they dedicate no F to 1 or two of the announced cities. Still an 18 month delay for these cities including mine which means I will have several flights that I need to make a decision on.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:24 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Unless there is a revised schedule (see page 280 of this thread) the last two 744's with OF to be retired are:

G-BNLX November 2015
G-BNLZ January 2016

Not really 12 months. As the number of OF frames decline, maybe they begin to limit the number of cities that they are dedicated to. They are starting with 4 cities with no F, maybe as they get down to the last few OF frames they dedicate no F to 1 or two of the announced cities. Still an 18 month delay for these cities including mine which means I will have several flights that I need to make a decision on.
But some OF aircraft are being (and have been) refitted with NF, so perhaps these will be part of those.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct and that has already started, I am trying to get an updated list of aircraft with OF and their retirement dates.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:28 am

Bad decision in my opinion and will now look to fly on another airline until they can get delivery of their new aircraft and hopefully get F service back to these cities. If not, I will need to connect to a city with NF if I want to fly BA.
Oh really? Who would you switch to? BA flies the only non-stop PHX->LHR everything else would be a connection. Many airlines are eliminating F... AA removing it from their 777-200's, only keeping it on their new 777-300ER's (8 seats that will serve premium routes like LHR).

DAK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.