Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by heronb
Flying out to JFK and returning from LAS in First in Sept using a 2-4-1, so I expect to experience OF and NF given the percentages.

If OF does crop up on the return leg what comp should I expect? 50,000 avios or 50,000 each?

Also the Lounge options in LAS don't look that great or am I missing something.
It's 50k each (afaik). If you have an Amex Platinum card you can access the Centurion lounge at LAS (which is excellent). If not there's the The Club at LAS which is open between midday and 9pm (according to the OneWorld.com website).
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tagv12
Now this makes up for the fact we did not get NF, email from BA:

Thank you for contacting us about your recent flight to London Heathrow on 20 August 2013. I am sorry you were disappointed that the aircraft used to operate your flight did not have our new First product. We understand our customers expect the highest standards when they travel with us.

We have invested heavily in our fleet including new aircraft and refurbishing the cabins in our existing aircraft. Most have now been fitted with the new cabin and the remaining aircraft will be completed very soon.

As a gesture of goodwill, I have added 50,000 Avios to your Blue Executive Club accounts. Please accept them with my compliments. Subject to availability, you can put your Avios towards future bookings, or use them to upgrade your travel class when you fly with us again. For further information, please visit ba.com/executiveclub.

I hope I have been able to reassure you we are determined to offer our customers the best in-flight experience possible. We do value your comments as a passenger in our First cabin. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations
I just got 20,000 Avios for a flight in OF in May last year (same email, just 20,000 not 50,000). I thought I was pushing it a bit complaining 10 months after the event, so 20,000 will do.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
If the cot appears at 5F in MMB, does this usually mean NF or OF?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
If the cot appears at 5F in MMB, does this usually mean NF or OF?
This is what it says in post #1 on this thread:

HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF MY FLIGHT HAS NF?

If you have a cot by 5K (small grey box says "COT") and the wardrobe by 1A/K disappears from the seat map (usually after T-72) then it is likely NF.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad

If you have a cot by 5K (small grey box says "COT") and the wardrobe by 1A/K disappears from the seat map (usually after T-72) then it is likely NF.
OK thanks. Sorry, I should have looked at the thread properly
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad

Does this all still work the same way with the newly designed seat maps, do you know?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
What are the percentages like to JFK. I have redemption booked in September both legs on the flying crates, I'm going to try and swap to flights operated by triples but in case I can't get one I'm wondering how likely it would be to get OF.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Joely
What are the percentages like to JFK. I have redemption booked in September both legs on the flying crates, I'm going to try and swap to flights operated by triples but in case I can't get one I'm wondering how likely it would be to get OF.
http://ftdashboard.net/dest/jfk.htm

Virtually 100% NF. Where the 744 operates, it's almost always Hi-J, and therefore almost always NF.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
744-BNLT

"British Airways B747-400 G-BNLT Withdrawn.

April 1, 2014

British Airways Boeing 747-436 G-BNLT was withdrawn from service at London Heathrow this morning after arriving as BA176 from New York JFK. The aircraft then positioned London Heathrow – Cardiff-Wales as BA9174 for decommissioning"

As reported by BA Source. Anyone know if the NF cabin will be refurbished and put in an OF airframe?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
Anyone know if the NF cabin will be refurbished and put in an OF airframe?
That certainly seems to have been the tenor of the noises coming from BA.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:03 pm

Thank you for the advice. I also heard that there is a place for a baby in seat 5. Is this something we should be booking or should 4 still be ok?
Old May 3, 2014, 4:56 pm

Anyone know if the 50k Avios for the Old First Experience is given on award tickets, or only on revenue tickets? Has anyone on an award ticket received the compensation?
Old May 3, 2014, 4:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by kingdomchris
Anyone know if the 50k Avios for the Old First Experience is given on award tickets, or only on revenue tickets? Has anyone on an award ticket received the compensation?
Yes indeed. It matters not how you got to sit there. There's also anecdotal evidence of people receiving OPUPS and getting the 50k compo.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Yes!
Old May 4, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
don't discriminate

I think the default is to simply not discriminate at all. If you're there in the arguably shabby/worn/old First, you'll get the 'we're sorry' 50K bonus. Honestly, it's taken them way too long to upgrade the fleet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.