Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
Can anyone tell if G-BNLF is getting fitted with NF? Was in maintenance in January for 14 days, then back in to service now back to maintenance Feb 2 and still there.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
Can anyone tell if G-BNLF is getting fitted with NF? Was in maintenance in January for 14 days, then back in to service now back to maintenance Feb 2 and still there.
Pretty much all that is generally known here is in the post linked to in the post immediately above yours.

The only update that I have is that it seems that G-BNLY is at CWL having that conversion work done now. G-BNLF is not at CWL.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
G-BNLF is being retired, so will not receive NF. Along with the other four OF 747s, this aircraft operates 3-class routes at the moment.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1
G-BNLF is being retired, so will not receive NF.
Have you got firm updates to the plans for the OF aircraft that are listed at the end of that tracker post? It would be good to have some hard information with which to update the tracker post, following the rather soft announcement made that OF would be out of the fleet before NW2015/6.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have you got firm updates to the plans for the OF aircraft that are listed at the end of that tracker post? It would be good to have some hard information with which to update the tracker post, following the rather soft announcement made that OF would be out of the fleet before NW2015/6.
No concrete info, but I would be very surprised if G-BNLF wasn't retired, given the number of hours and age.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No concrete info, but I would be very surprised if G-BNLF wasn't retired, given the number of hours and age.
G-BNLJ, which is about the same age and has more hours, was converted to NF just a couple of months ago.

As G-BNLF was to be the last of the aircraft scheduled for conversion rather than retirement (after G-BNLY is done this month), retiring her as well as bringing forward the other retirements would leave the company a bit shorter on long-haul capacity than earlier planned.

But obviously, I'm only guessing here! Which is why it would be good to have some concrete information as and when anyone can supply it.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:02 am

G-BNLF is being retired, so will not receive NF. Along with the other four OF 747s, this aircraft operates 3-class routes at the moment.

According the the link with retirement tracker on the previous page, it showed G-BNLF getting refit with NF from G-BNLV, albeit not until Jan. 2016 However with the schedule change to start operating F in the previously suspended cities by Oct 2015 I was curious if BA chose to upgrade it with NF sooner rather than later.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
G-BNLY now on her way back to LHR with NF, the last 4 with OF will not be fitted and will be retired.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
G-BNLY now on her way back to LHR with NF, the last 4 with OF will not be fitted and will be retired.
Very interesting, is there any further news at to when they are going? I presume that if BNLF is being withdrawn that either BNLV is being kept on, or its interior will now become a spare one.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's funny how they are being used, particularly in a week where there have only been three OF flying! BNLW has been to DEL and JNB this week, BNLZ has been to GRU. Even BNLF went straight to MIA when she came back in service. BNLX is supposed to return from her week's holiday in CPT today.

There must have been a lot of happy campers on the designated OF routes!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:23 am

Since BNLX came back from CPT and decided to go to BCN and then CWL, there are still only 3 OFs flying.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by morges1
Since BNLX came back from CPT and decided to go to BCN and then CWL, there are still only 3 OFs flying.
Correction: Only 2 OF currenty in service. LX returned from CPT via BCN to Cardif apparently due to ongoing technical issues and LF has been in Cardif since Feb 2.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... and LF has been in Cardif since Feb 2.
No, we've been through this already above: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24360574-post4577.html

G-BNLF did not go to CWL on 2 February and is not at CWL now.

G-BNLY went to CWL on 2 February and returned to LHR yesterday, with NF.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:55 pm

Correction: Only 2 OF currenty in service. LX returned from CPT via BCN to Cardif apparently due to ongoing technical issues and LF has been in Cardif since Feb 2.
Since leaving LHR maintenance on 15 Feb, LF has been to MIA, CPT and is now in PHX!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:15 pm

I stand corrected. First LF was not at Cardif as I mentioned but at LHR Maintenance, I mis-read BA Source.

Second, LF is in route to Phx as I post this, running two hours late but heading to PHX nonetheless.

However, BA source still has not been updated and reporting it leaving LHR maintenance. FT Dashboard also has not been updated since 10th of Feb so it also shows it out of service. Those were my two sources for believing it was still out. mea culpa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.