Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
I stand corrected. First LF was not at Cardif as I mentioned but at LHR Maintenance, I mis-read BA Source.

Second, LF is in route to Phx as I post this, running two hours late but heading to PHX nonetheless.

However, BA source still has not been updated and reporting it leaving LHR maintenance. FT Dashboard also has not been updated since 10th of Feb so it also shows it out of service. Those were my two sources for believing it was still out. mea culpa
Try http://www.flightradar24.com/data/fl...sh-airways-baw for flights and
http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ai...h-airways-baw/ for the aircraft
for more accurate info! You're right LF is into a 2h delay.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
However, BA source still has not been updated and reporting it leaving LHR maintenance.
The BA Source has logged LF's flights in February 2015, so it is not misleading.

I don't think you can expect the news items necessarily to include every single aircraft movement into and out of maintenance.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For the BA205 LHR-MIA tomorrow (Thursday 5th), it was due to be a 777. Then got switched to a hi-J 747, and now switched to a mid-J 747. Is anyone able to check and confirm that we are still getting NF and we haven't been stitched up with OF?

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RedDevil83
For the BA205 LHR-MIA tomorrow (Thursday 5th), it was due to be a 777. Then got switched to a hi-J 747, and now switched to a mid-J 747. Is anyone able to check and confirm that we are still getting NF and we haven't been stitched up with OF?
If you are booked in First, it will be NF. OF is no longer sold as First, and the five aircraft with OF cabins are assigned to 3-class routes, with the OF cabin sold as Club World.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Genius1
If you are booked in First, it will be NF. OF is no longer sold as First, and the five aircraft with OF cabins are assigned to 3-class routes, with the OF cabin sold as Club World.
Unless of course they are very unlucky and one of the OF aircraft is used - which, sadly, does still happen from time to time - including to MIA see:

OF - anger induction, etc
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedDevil83
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Unless of course they are very unlucky and one of the OF aircraft is used - which, sadly, does still happen from time to time - including to MIA see:

OF - anger induction, etc
And BA205 on 5 March 2015 was operated by G-BNLZ.

OF.

The same aircraft which had caused that fit of apoplexy on its immediately preceding sector to LHR.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
I was under the impression that BNLY had been converted to NF as reported by BA Source 18 Feb. See Below:

British Airways Boeing 747-436 G-BNLY, which has been under maintenance at Cardiff-Wales since 2nd February, positioned Cardiff-Wales – London Heathrow this afternoon as BA9172. The aircraft has been fitted with New First.

FT Dashboard however still does not show BNLY in blue indicating NF. If it has been converted would there only be 4 744's with OF?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FT Dashboard however still does not show BNLY in blue indicating NF. If it has been converted would there only be 4 744's with OF?
The wiki to this thread and the retirements tracker (amongst other places) should show the correct number and identities of the OF aircraft. If they don't, please let me know.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
FT Dashboard however still does not show BNLY in blue indicating NF.
Ughh, thank you for spotting this. I was travelling at the time [in NF ]

Ftdashboard will show BNLY correctly as from tomorrow morning.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
I wonder whether someone can help with what is a rather trivial question.

Mrs 66 will be returning from YVR to LHR in a couple of weeks in F.

This route was one of those selected some time ago to move to three class, with the F cabin being sold as J overflow.

Then it moved back to four class with F as F. Mrs 66 is ticketed as F and seated in the F cabin, rather than ticketed as J.

This route seems to be plied by mid-J 744s mostly fitted with OF. The link in the tracking NF thread shows it operating at 7-13% NF.

There would seem to be a high chance therefore that she will be in an OF plane; and so finally the question - does BA still offer compensation (in the form of Avios or something else) for this, or is it a case of "lump it"? If the former, any ideas whether it is (or should be) offered proactively, and what the going rate is?

TIA.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Greg66
This route was one of those selected some time ago to move to three class, with the F cabin being sold as J overflow.

Then it moved back to four class with F as F. Mrs 66 is ticketed as F and seated in the F cabin, rather than ticketed as J.

This route seems to be plied by mid-J 744s mostly fitted with OF. The link in the tracking NF thread shows it operating at 7-13% NF.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results, or whatever the catchphrase is.

YVR has been 3-class until today. It's only moved back to being 4-class with effect from today's flight. So the percentage of NF being flown on this route on any day up to yesterday will be pretty meaningless. What will count is what equipment is used starting from today.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Past performance is no guarantee of future results, or whatever the catchphrase is.

YVR has been 3-class until today. It's only moved back to being 4-class with effect from today's flight. So the percentage of NF being flown on this route on any day up to yesterday will be pretty meaningless. What will count is what equipment is used starting from today.
Ahhh! That makes a lot of sense. I had forgotten completely that the 3 class regime ran until today.

I shall keep my beady eye on the stats going forward. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Greg66
I shall keep my beady eye on the stats going forward. Thanks.
Good luck!

It will be interesting to see how the last few months of OF are managed. "OF sold as J" clearly hasn't been a huge success; it looks like the operational constraints of a small sub-fleet have done for that idea. But BA also has capacity problems which may make it difficult to ditch the OF aircraft any faster than originally planned.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:12 am

Flying today on BA275 and its showing as BNLF on flightradar24......

Am i going to be really disappointed with 5E and 5F ?

Would 17 E and F have been a better choice ?

Is flightradar ever wrong ?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
LF has NF, I hope that you should be happy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.