Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
LF has NF, I hope that you should be happy?
Does that mean both ftdashboard and the BA Source are out of date?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dolfinco
Flying today on BA275 and its showing as BNLF on flightradar24......

Am i going to be really disappointed with 5E and 5F ?

Would 17 E and F have been a better choice ?

Is flightradar ever wrong ?
Is BA275 the outbound flight from LHR? If so, then there will still be a chance of a late substitution if something goes wrong. But that wouldn't be a case of flightradar24 being wrong.

However, why would you be disappointed with 5EF? Presumably you chose to sit in the F cabin and in 5EF specifically, rather than in CW. And if it's OF that you're concerned about, you were promised OF and (as far as I know) OF is what you're getting.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:52 am

LF has NF, I hope that you should be happy?
Really ??

Reading previous posts on here suggested it was to be retired and hadnt been updated. Fingers crossed you are right mind you.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Is BA275 the outbound flight from LHR? If so, then there will still be a chance of a late substitution if something goes wrong. But that wouldn't be a case of flightradar24 being wrong.

However, why would you be disappointed with 5EF? Presumably you chose to sit in the F cabin and in 5EF specifically, rather than in CW. And if it's OF that you're concerned about, you were promised OF and (as far as I know) OF is what you're getting.
Yeah i did.....but i based it on the 50% chance of getting a NF.

When i say "disappointed" i was just really looking for some views on how it really is, in comparison to normal 17EF which is where i always sit on my US trips. This will be my first time in First.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Really ??

Reading previous posts on here suggested it was to be retired and hadnt been updated. Fingers crossed you are right mind you.
I don't think it's right.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Just woken up, I might be wrong, am I wrong?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
Just found BA 275 on Flight Radar. It is indeed BNLF so OF, it is running about 20 minutes early. I think you will be much happier in 5EF versus 17EF, just my opinion. BNLZ which is also OF was withdrawn yesterday and went to Cardiff today. This brings the total 744's with OF to 3.^
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:55 am

Overall, not impressed. No plug points for laptop. The seat was absolutely disgustingly filthy though the 2 cabin crew cleaned it for me and got me a sheet to put down to ensure my jeans didnt get dirty.

Can understand why they are retiring it.

Still to test real first......next trip maybe.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Overall, not impressed. No plug points for laptop. The seat was absolutely disgustingly filthy though the 2 cabin crew cleaned it for me and got me a sheet to put down to ensure my jeans didnt get dirty.

Can understand why they are retiring it.

Still to test real first......next trip maybe.
Retiring it or not, CW 'upgrade' or OF seat - there is NEVER an excuse for it to be filthy. Never.

Disgraceful. Guess they learnt nothing from the recent UVF journalist incident.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
Just found BA 275 on Flight Radar. It is indeed BNLF so OF, it is running about 20 minutes early. I think you will be much happier in 5EF versus 17EF, just my opinion. BNLZ which is also OF was withdrawn yesterday and went to Cardiff today. This brings the total 744's with OF to 3.^
Interesting, BNLZ wasn't supposed to be withdrawn until November according to Globaliser's list but the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-tracker.html wiki says withdrawn on 1 April. Is that an April Fool's or for real? Guess for real as Jethro's has her as withdrawn. So then there were three!

Last edited by morges1; Apr 3, 2015 at 9:15 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by morges1
Interesting, BNLZ wasn't supposed to be withdrawn until November according to Globaliser's list but the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-tracker.html wiki says withdrawn on 1 April. Is that an April Fool's or for real? Guess for real as Jethro's has her as withdrawn. So then there were three!
The tracking list has become increasingly inaccurate due to a lack of further information. I hadn't been watching the wiki in that thread, so didn't see that TCX69 has posted a lot of future dates. I will incorporate them into the tracking list, but that will have to wait for next week.

This thread's wiki has been updated.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:50 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I am hoping the LAS flight today has NF instead of OF as I have bagged 1A. I wont really mind either way but I would just love to try the new seat!

Regards

aks120
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Todays BA275 is being operated by G-BNLJ.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:38 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Todays BA275 is being operated by G-BNLJ.
CIHY - many thanks - I think that is good news for me as it seems that has NF. Now very excited to try the new cabin!

Regards

aks120
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver AA - Plat
hey guys,

Sorry about the question, I am new to this site and trying to figure it all out.

I am flying on BA59 on the 14th April from LHR to CPT. I know it a 747, I am in Club World, and I am a bronze member at the moment, this trip will take me into Silver. I am allowed to choose my seat 7 days prior to departure, which will be at 4.30pm EST. When I look at the seat selection screen, the option for front cabin is there, but all are greyed out, I was wondering if I will be able to select a seat at 4.30pm and if the flight is OF or NF?

I called a couple of days ago and was told 8 seats were still available and I should be able to get 4A I think it was.

Many thanks,

E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.