Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Great, many thanks ! And I assume that holds true regardless of whether it's a paid ticket or an award, right ?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:35 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by huegli
Great, many thanks ! And I assume that holds true regardless of whether it's a paid ticket or an award, right ?
I'm not sure why you'd think the method of payment for your ticket has any relation to the aircraft operating your flight
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
So LHR-PHX was announced as a route not selling F, moving to 3 class route at least temporariy along with 3 other routes. The announcement made back in June was effective October 26th with the start of the W14 schedule. Today the 28th, G-CIVN is flying the PHX, BA289 route. So you have a aircraft with NF but only getting Club World Service. And is the NF cabin empty or first come first serve when booking a ticket and selecting a seat. While I understand food/service would be the same, those in the F cabin clearly have a nicer/quieter ride than those downstairs in say row 17 in the middle.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
And is the NF cabin empty or first come first serve when booking a ticket and selecting a seat. While I understand food/service would be the same, those in the F cabin clearly have a nicer/quieter ride than those downstairs in say row 17 in the middle.
The First cabin is available for Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby passengers with a Club World ticket within their standard window of seat selection.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:52 pm

Is BA0192 from DFW to LHR new first? It is a a 747-4. Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SeisSpeed
Is BA0192 from DFW to LHR new first? It is a a 747-4. Thanks!
Yes - there are only 6 744s with the old First cabin, and these cabins are no longer being sold as First - they are used for Club World service on 3-class routes.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
There will be a return to First being offered on the LHR-PHX route beginning Winter 2015, October 25th. While I have not seen any official announcements, I was given the information from You First booking a spring trip in F from LAX. I then went to BA.com to book a F seat from PHX starting October 25th and indeed F is being offered. Still shows aircraft as744, so between now and 9 months from now there must be further adjustments to BA's fleet to reinstate F on this route.^
Old Dec 26, 2014, 6:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
NF to be reinstated on routes which lost it in 2014

Originally Posted by 1stClassFan
There will be a return to First being offered on the LHR-PHX route beginning Winter 2015, October 25th. While I have not seen any official announcements, I was given the information from You First booking a spring trip in F from LAX. I then went to BA.com to book a F seat from PHX starting October 25th and indeed F is being offered. Still shows aircraft as744, so between now and 9 months from now there must be further adjustments to BA's fleet to reinstate F on this route.^
According to View from the Wing, in a reversal of BA's earlier decision, the remaining 744s will be refitted with NF after all.

All the routes which lost F will have it reinstated by Oct. 25. YVR is first, with the F cabin reinstated by the end of March.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....47s-new-first/
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

That’s right

LHR-YVR will return as a four class operation from March 2015 when the service switches to the Summer schedule. Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Cape Town will follow in October 2015 (W15).

There are five 747s in service fitted with old First. Of those two will be refitted with NF; the other three will be retired from service.

See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23975043-post923.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...new-first.html
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Does anyone more clever than me know which aircraft will operate todays 289 to PHX? Hoping for NF, but will be very happy with OF too
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You must have been a good girl this year zafiragirl, the 289 is being operated by G-CIVA with NF.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Made my day, CIHY, thank you!!

PS. I'm a very good girl ALL year, which is why I'm going to spend New Year in Palm Springs
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: VS Gold
SFO 747 flights all NF in 2015?

Just wondering if BA's decision to refit those five OF 747's will affect routes that were were expected to be consistently NF?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
Am I right in thinking the only aircraft with OF are the six as follows? With some going to be refitted, which ones will be withdrawn? Apart from these, all other 744's have NF. I can't see why BA would withdraw a NF 747 over an OF one unless it was damaged after driving into a building or something.

G-BNLF
G-BNLV
G-BNLW
G-BNLX
G-BNLY
G-BNLZ
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
Am I right in thinking the only aircraft with OF are the six as follows? With some going to be refitted, which ones will be withdrawn? Apart from these, all other 744's have NF. I can't see why BA would withdraw a NF 747 over an OF one unless it was damaged after driving into a building or something.
LF, LW, LX, LY and LZ are the five OF 744s left in the fleet.
http://ftdashboard.net/fleet/midjhij.htm

This post has details of upcoming retirements and conversations to NF: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23975043-post923.html

Aircraft are retired based on flying hours and condition/maintenance requirements, not whether the aircraft has NF or not. Some aircraft with NF are being retired, and the cabins will be fitted to any OF aircraft remaining in the fleet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.