Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:58 pm

Lufthansa Lifemiles Award booking upgrade later

I have multiple Lufthansa bookings via Lifemiles and I am hearing that LH is making most business class seats available 14 days to departure. If I want to upgrade my ticket is it $150 per ticket plus the miles from Lifemiles? Is it the net Lifemiles? If I paid 30k and the biz seat is 63k - just need to provide 33k?

Much Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:13 pm

Is there a website to translate Avianca fare classes (S, L, XL) into actual fare classes?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:44 pm

Are there any routes left that let you buy miles through Miles+Money at a good rate, or should I buy more heavily during this sale than I might otherwise?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Cant help you how to enter the UA number onto a lifemiles booking, but your star alliance benefits will operate as normal. Any free baggage allowance provided by United to star golds will be applicable to your booking.
Pull up the booking on the United Airlines site with the confirmation number. Once you pull up the booking on the United Airlines site the booking will remain in "My trips". Once the redemption is complete the LifeMiles site is of no value.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I booked 3 award flights on united metal using LifeMiles. United can't make any changes to the ticket and I called Avainca. It was a bad connection, but this is what I understood:

1.) For $150/ticket I could change the ticket
2.) For $50/ticket, i could cancel the ticket and get the miles back

Does that seem correct? The flight is tomorrow and I wanted to get on an email flight (630p vs 105p) out of ORD to CHS.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by mayday23
I booked 3 award flights on united metal using LifeMiles. United can't make any changes to the ticket and I called Avainca. It was a bad connection, but this is what I understood:

1.) For $150/ticket I could change the ticket
2.) For $50/ticket, i could cancel the ticket and get the miles back

Does that seem correct? The flight is tomorrow and I wanted to get on an email flight (630p vs 105p) out of ORD to CHS.
late to the party, but...

For the fare rules, United Airlines site, My Trips, email receipt...

Fare Rules
Additional charges may apply for changes in addition to any fare rules listed.
NON END/REF FEE 200USD/CHNG 150USD/LIFEMILES AWARD/NO MILES

United didn't issue the ticket... contact the airline that did issue the ticket for changes prior to check-in; but once you have checked in...
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:34 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Hello. I see the other posts here that Avianca is becoming more like an LCC. What happens with their premium seats, though?

I'm looking at MCO-BOG-SCL early next year. BOG-SCL is planned on a 787. I've flown this aircraft before and, at the time, it had beds up front. But there is no 'business class' option on the website. Nor can I find a way to pay for these seats in advance.

Should I expect an aircraft change as they focus J on Europe? Or is there some other way to get a bed with this booking?

Thanks !

ETA: The 787 seatmap on Avianca starts at row 8, so I think this is still the aircraft with beds.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:50 pm

Figured it out myself by calling .. class of service changes are not allowed. You can cancel at $200 per ticket and rebook.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by TBD
Hello. I see the other posts here that Avianca is becoming more like an LCC. What happens with their premium seats, though?

I'm looking at MCO-BOG-SCL early next year. BOG-SCL is planned on a 787. I've flown this aircraft before and, at the time, it had beds up front. But there is no 'business class' option on the website. Nor can I find a way to pay for these seats in advance.

Should I expect an aircraft change as they focus J on Europe? Or is there some other way to get a bed with this booking?

Thanks !

ETA: The 787 seatmap on Avianca starts at row 8, so I think this is still the aircraft with beds.

I also booked from BOG to SCL and got the same plane for a December flight.
I hope they won't change it,
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:55 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by alv4
I also booked from BOG to SCL and got the same plane for a December flight.
I hope they won't change it,
Did you see any way to book the beds up front?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by TBD
Did you see any way to book the beds up front?
Nope. There is no way.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
How long does Avianca LifeMiles ticketing take? I booked a flight on a Star Alliance partner airline using LifeMiles, but while I received an email from Avianca that I redeemed LifeMiles, there was no ticket number, only a reservation code on the partner airline, and when I entered it into the partner airline system, I couldn't access the reservation yet.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
How long does Avianca LifeMiles ticketing take? I booked a flight on a Star Alliance partner airline using LifeMiles, but while I received an email from Avianca that I redeemed LifeMiles, there was no ticket number, only a reservation code on the partner airline, and when I entered it into the partner airline system, I couldn't access the reservation yet.
Look in My Trips on the LifeMiles website for information. The confirmation number in the LifeMiles email isn't the confirmation number for the partner airline. Entering the LifeMiles confirmation number on the partner airline is one good option. Contacting the airline associated with the first leg of travel is one good option. Non airline sites such as CheckMyTrips is one opton. Contacting LifeMiles for the confirmation number(s) for the airlines associated with the itinerary is one good option. The ticketing process could be minutes or hours or days or weeks. What indication do you have the itinerary isn't ticketed?
MarkP24 likes this.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Jul 10, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Look in My Trips on the LifeMiles website for information. The confirmation number in the LifeMiles email isn't the confirmation number for the partner airline. Entering the LifeMiles confirmation number on the partner airline is one good option. Contacting the airline associated with the first leg of travel is one good option. Non airline sites such as CheckMyTrips is one opton. Contacting LifeMiles for the confirmation number(s) for the airlines associated with the itinerary is one good option. The ticketing process could be minutes or hours or days or weeks. What indication do you have the itinerary isn't ticketed?
Thanks! The partner website wasn't showing any information. I called LifeMiles, and they were very helpful.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:51 am

How long does it take for LifeMiles to be credited. I bought lifemiles this morning with the current bonus. Got an email that says that they just credited my account with miles and I can see the purchase under recent activity. However, no miles credited to my account. From my experience they always posted almost instantly. Did that change? CC got charged too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.