Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 9:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
- you can gain access to any Centurion Lounge with a connection ....
Discussion of this topic moved because it applies at all Centurion lounges:

Centurion Lounge crowding (access limited to 3 hours before flight departure)
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
Will be my first time at JFK. Connecting flight landing in JFK before connecting to my final flight.

Will I be connecting in the same Terminal as the Centurion Lounge. Just curious if visiting the Centurion Lounge is possible when flying Delta at JFK. Thank you. I need to search and see which Terminal Delta flies in and out of.

Thank you
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by WillTins3
Will be my first time at JFK. Connecting flight landing in JFK before connecting to my final flight.

Will I be connecting in the same Terminal as the Centurion Lounge. Just curious if visiting the Centurion Lounge is possible when flying Delta at JFK. Thank you. I need to search and see which Terminal Delta flies in and out of.

Thank you
As a generality, you can access any terminal with a same day boarding pass.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

Thank you
DL normally uses both T4 and T2 at JFK, with an airside "Jitney" bus that you can take between the two without having to reclear security. Not sure if T2 is in use during COVID though. So other than it being potentially a bit of a hike there should be no issues.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
DL normally uses both T4 and T2 at JFK, with an airside "Jitney" bus that you can take between the two without having to reclear security. Not sure if T2 is in use during COVID though. So other than it being potentially a bit of a hike there should be no issues.

Thank you, the final flight would be JFK to LAX and through a quick search they seem to fly out of Gate B41 in T4 so no matter which Terminal I land, I will need to get to T4. Plus a 3.5 hour layover, should be no issue.

Thank you for letting me know about the Jitney bus. I assume the Jitney bus from T2 to T4 would probably take 10 to 20 minutes. Actually with a quick online search it should take only about 5 minutes to transfer. I think I will be alright either way.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:59 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Thank you, the final flight would be JFK to LAX and through a quick search they seem to fly out of Gate B41 in T4 so no matter which Terminal I land, I will need to get to T4. Plus a 3.5 hour layover, should be no issue.

Thank you for letting me know about the Jitney bus. I assume the Jitney bus from T2 to T4 would probably take 10 to 20 minutes. Actually with a quick online search it should take only about 5 minutes to transfer. I think I will be alright either way.
T2 is currently closed for COVID low demand. If you are arriving at JFK on a Delta domestic flight, you will arrive in T4 and can walk to the Amex lounge. If you are arriving at JFK on another airline or any international flight, you will have to take the AirTrain to T4 (if not arriving at T4) and clear security at T4, and then would be able to access the lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 6:56 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
For connecting pax the CL in T4 requires lots of walking, since the lounge is located near TSA
Suppose you landed at gate 40 and were connecting out of 41–to use the CL could require 20 minutes+ of walking, this is the only + the SC has over the CL...less walking.

Last edited by nrr; Feb 15, 2021 at 7:16 am
Old Feb 15, 2021, 7:09 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CL abuts gate 25 in T4, due to the way T4 is designed, to get to 25 you have to do lots of walking; there should be a “a short-cut”.
[i did ask!]
Old Feb 15, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by nrr
For connecting pax the CL in T4 requires lots of walking, since the lounge is located near TSA
Suppose you landed at gate 40 and were connecting out of 41–to use the CL could require 20 minutes+ of walking, this is the only + the SC has over the CL...less walking.
It's about 3,000 feet/900 meters from the last gate (B41) to the Centurion Lounge or, put another way, just a little more than two laps around a track. I wanted to use distance a frame of reference because "20 minutes+ of walking" means different things to different people.

You are entirely correct that Sky Club is the more practical destination for a connecting flight but given that WillTins3 will have a 3 hour+ lay-over, I think a stop at the new CL makes perfect sense. SC's main draw is its outdoor space, which probably isn't in big demand in February.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Stopped by the Centurion on Sunday before flying out on the UA (re)inaugural JFK-SFO and looks like they've changed the food menu (for the better!):

From top right clockwise: potato salad, gnocchi, and chicken milanese

Potatoes were blah but gnocchi was excellent and the chicken was pretty good — overall huge improvement over cold steak and the mushroom po'boy IMO

Flan for dessert — hard to mess this one up (vs sesame chocolate cake)

Lounge was also the most crowded I've seen it — there's also only one person serving the buffet at a time, so it took a good 15 minutes for me to get food. However most people don't bother going downstairs (other than for the speakeasy), and the lower level had maybe 2 – 3 people there at max
SPN Lifer, bgriff, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:24 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've seen the staircase and nearby elevator, I didn't know they led to lower level dining.
[Ques: (probably best asked in the DL forum), with CL going full blast, is the SC relatively empty now?
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:37 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by nrr
I've seen the staircase and nearby elevator, I didn't know they led to lower level dining.
[Ques: (probably best asked in the DL forum), with CL going full blast, is the SC relatively empty now?
I think it is too early to really judge how the CL will affect SC crowding ... the SC is pretty empty because not many people are traveling right now.

And the SC was always most crowded in the afternoon/evening before the Europe wave of departures (both because that's when the airport is busiest, and because more people on international flights have SC access, between J passengers having access included and STE+ getting access internationally) -- with very little trans-Atlantic traffic right now due to border restrictions on both sides, none of that applies at the moment.

With the summer travel season looking to be busy at least domestically, I'm guessing both the CL and SC will get to a decent hum at times this summer, but we won't see how either performs under real crowds until US-Europe travel returns in full.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by nrr
Ah to clarify there's no dining on the lower level (other than snacks), it's just seating and two bars (one of which is closed) — but that said have never seen more than 5 people in the main area downstairs (excluding the speakeasy) at a time
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by truncated
Stopped by the Centurion on Sunday before flying out on the UA (re)inaugural JFK-SFO and looks like they've changed the food menu (for the better!):
Thanks for the update - was here in mid-March, and when I casually noted to a staff member the menu was the same as my previous visit in October 2020, they did note that the menu was changing soon.
That said, I really liked both the Mushroom sandwich and the steak... But this looks good too.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by truncated

From top right clockwise: potato salad, gnocchi, and chicken milanese

Potatoes were blah but gnocchi was excellent and the chicken was pretty good — overall huge improvement over cold steak and the mushroom po'boy IMO

Flan for dessert — hard to mess this one up (vs sesame chocolate cake)

Lounge was also the most crowded I've seen it — there's also only one person serving the buffet at a time, so it took a good 15 minutes for me to get food. However most people don't bother going downstairs (other than for the speakeasy), and the lower level had maybe 2 – 3 people there at max
Wait what? UA is doing JFK-SFO again? That's something I might like, well, as long as OZ is in *A.

The food does look much better than in Jan when I swung by.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.