FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by mia
Which airline are you flying?
Delta, but domestically. Flight usually goes out of T2.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invisible777
Hi everyone -- some noob questions but just want to be sure:

- we'll be going out of Terminal 2, but plan on checking luggage and clearing security in Terminal 4 to use the Centurion Lounge. Luggage will be routed to the proper flight regardless of the terminal we check luggage right?
- how many minutes before boarding would you leave the lounge to catch the Jitney over to T2?

Thanks!
Yes on luggage, and I'd leave the lounge 45-60 minutes prior to scheduled departure. You should be able to get to the gate in T2 in about 15-20 minutes, including a ~7 minute walk to the jitney.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:07 pm

thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I was in this lounge yesterday, and the food was really "so so" at best. Some mushroom risotto (probably the best thing), dried short rib meat something, whipped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, and some other stuff.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I was there last week around 5pm Friday till just prior to my 7pm flight out of T4. Contrary to the last post I found the food quite good, usual Centurion quality, though as I don't eat red meat there wasn't a protein alternative (no chicken or fish) but there was soup, veggies, potatoes, etc., and I always enjoy the fruit/yogurt thing. Very relaxed, not crowded at all, plenty of empty seating far from other people if you're still concerned about COVID, I sat by myself next to the window overlooking the planes, it was very charming. Wifi speeds excellent, overall just a nice experience. I peeked into the speakeasy, they just had the door wide open (I think the whole idea of the speakeasy being "hidden" was something they've given up on, amusing as that idea is - they told us about it when checking in.) Speakeasy was pretty full and I didn't feel like drinking. The only issue was downstairs didn't have the fruitwater thing so I got that from upstairs.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:31 am

synzero I think spirit of the speakeasy died when they quickly added a handle to the door lol. While a speakeasy generates fun buzz, it doesn't benefit amex (or its guests) if nobody knows about it. I imagine that the open door is mostly a byproduct of COVID rules (in this case related to ventilation). My job has been 100% on-site since April 2020 and we have a lot of rules regarding smaller conference rooms that are based on square footage, some requiring us to open the door if X number of people are in a room of Y size.

I don't think I commented here but I visited this lounge back in September and one of the things I really enjoyed was the equinox "spa" area. They have the normatech leg compression devices and (on top of some booze) they really helped loosen me up ahead of an international flight.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
synzero I think spirit of the speakeasy died when they quickly added a handle to the door lol. While a speakeasy generates fun buzz, it doesn't benefit amex (or its guests) if nobody knows about it. I imagine that the open door is mostly a byproduct of COVID rules (in this case related to ventilation). My job has been 100% on-site since April 2020 and we have a lot of rules regarding smaller conference rooms that are based on square footage, some requiring us to open the door if X number of people are in a room of Y size.

I don't think I commented here but I visited this lounge back in September and one of the things I really enjoyed was the equinox "spa" area. They have the normatech leg compression devices and (on top of some booze) they really helped loosen me up ahead of an international flight.
Interesting. One would think opening that door would hardly make a difference if they have HEPA filters and proper ventilation inside the speakeasy already. Since the speakeasy is quite large and long the door open at the very end of it is hardly going to make a material difference. But I can see that they might have opened it for COVID reasons anyway.

Honestly though I think the risk of COVID has now dropped considerably I still felt more comfortable sitting outside the speakeasy at the windows where there was no one next to me, though I personally am eating indoors again now that the omicron wave has crashed in NYC and LA.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:48 pm

How rough is it to go from Terminal 2 after checking in here? Not sure how slow everything’s been, and how security and airtrain are running. Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Quick visit earlier today. Braised beef, string beans were pretty good, also tried the espresso martini in the speakeasy as well. Speakeasy is fine, though I actually like the couch area with the TV a bit better on the downstairs floor. Departure gate was B25 so the walk from Centurion Lounge to plane was much shorter than usual for me
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
How rough is it to go from Terminal 2 after checking in here? Not sure how slow everything’s been, and how security and airtrain are running. Thanks
See post #272, just a few posts above yours.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
See post #272, just a few posts above yours.
ok thanks I see it now, sorry the search function on mobile stinks haha. In that post they said the Jitney, and this is after security so I don’t have to clear it again?

Nm I googled it, ty.
imnotalawyer likes this.

Last edited by Amex For Children Of Africa; Mar 2, 2022 at 9:15 pm
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Quick visit earlier today. Braised beef, string beans were pretty good, also tried the espresso martini in the speakeasy as well. Speakeasy is fine, though I actually like the couch area with the TV a bit better on the downstairs floor. Departure gate was B25 so the walk from Centurion Lounge to plane was much shorter than usual for me
At the SEA SkyClub after visiting JFK Centurion Lounge earlier today. Two of the best domestic lounges in the country? Hard to rank these two
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
At the SEA SkyClub after visiting JFK Centurion Lounge earlier today. Two of the best domestic lounges in the country? Hard to rank these two
Ah, that's a fair statement, in my view. Aside from food offerings, I'd say those two are comparable with, say, AA FLs/Polaris, and most assuredly considerably better than your "run of the mill" ACs, UA Clubs, Skyclubs and AS lounges.

Some where I personally find better (more comfortable) would be SFO Skyclub, JFK & DFW FL, AS N lounge and LAS CL.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:41 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
I think this is what you're saying, but to be clear -- if you are originating in New York and flying out of T2 (therefore flying Delta) and want to use the Centurion Lounge first, you should check in with Delta at T4 and clear security there and go directly to the lounge, and then take the secure bus from gate B18 to T2. You don't want to use the AirTrain in this case as that would require leaving security.
ijgordon and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:04 pm

Just had an odd (good) experience at the T4 lounge. At check-in, the rep was carrying an Amazon package, opened it up and gave me what was inside — a portable ceramic mug. He said it was a gift and to enjoy!

Is this normal behavior with Amex? Also while I’m thankful for it I don’t have space in my luggage as I tend to over pack… haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.