Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lax01
Just want to report that the Centurion Lounge at JFK is open
Was there any doubt? This isn't LAX
Cat88L3, cmd320, happychic and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I really wish this lounge were closer to the gates
Same, especially seeing everytime I fly from T4 to DTW they used gate A53. It is convenient though when I'm out of t2
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Was there any doubt? This isn't LAX
A moderator, confusingly, moved this to this thread after I posted in the LAX thread (as a slight troll)
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I really wish this lounge were closer to the gates
Not me. I mostly fly out of T5 with Jetblue, so I'm perfectly happy with this location. It's great that the Centurion Lounge is in an accessible location.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Are people flying out of different terminals but accessing Centurion lounge clearing security twice? Using AirTran?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:55 pm

Are people flying out of different terminals but accessing Centurion lounge clearing security twice? Using AirTran?
Yup, that's me. I have CLEAR and GE (which includes TSA Pre-check) That makes doing this an absolute breeze. I use the AirTrain to get in between the terminals. Very quick and easy.
dsquared37, Adelphos and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Yep — and when I'm flying B6 most of the time I don't even bother with the AirTrain and just walk between T4 and T5 (you get some pretty nice views of the tarmac that way as well too). With PreCheck the wait times at security have never been an issue for me at all (except when for a period of time the PreCheck lines at T5 were closed on Sunday afternoons and regular security was taking 30 min).

In fact one time I went through TSA 4x in the same day — was flying B6 out of T5, so went to the Centurion first, then to T5 for my flight, got VDBed for $700 and a flight 5 hours later, so back to the Centurion for a few more drinks and dinner and then back into T5 again — each time security took <5 min (although would not recommend doing this without Pre since the regular lines were terrible that day).
Adelphos likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yep. No other option unless you're taking the DL Jitney to T2. I find the TSA lines are never really that bad at T4, especially with clear, though this station has a bizarre requirement of only allowing 1 "large" electronic per bag which is really annoying because it's not a TSA rule, it's just a "here" rule.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Interesting replies all, I primarily fly Delta T4 out of JFK (occasional T2), so my comment was mainly one regarding the convenience of Centurion Lounge vs the respective SkyClubs. When I fly B6 I just try to get to the airport as close to departure as possible. When I have flown American I use Admirals Clubs. International airlines (AF, Virgin), I typically use their lounge if I am in business class. The one time I used the Virgin Club (when flying on Delta from JFK to LHR), I was annoyed at how far the club I was from the gates. I guess for those that fly primarily Delta metal out of JFK, it can be harder to justify Centurion Lounge over SkyClub despite Centurion Lounge being a generally better product. I find DL metal long hauls tend to always be right by the Delta SkyClub, so it is convenient.

My DL next long hauls out of JFK are I think LAX in January (unless I use AA for that route), LAS in March, and Zurich in March. I will try to use Centurion Lounge for the Zurich trip.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I don't have to on Delta with the Jitney between t4 and t2 but if you aren't out of T2 you do. Security isn't bad at T4 if you have clear and use the airtran
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I don't have to on Delta with the Jitney between t4 and t2 but if you aren't out of T2 you do. Security isn't bad at T4 if you have clear and use the airtran
People have complained about T4 security in the past but it has been a few minutes or less for me with SkyPriority, Pre-Check, Clear (Clear usually adds a few extra minutes to the process). Same with T2. American’s terminal has also been pretty quick for me historically. Where I get tripped up in security is Jet Blue, where the PreCheck lines can be pretty long IMO.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Yup, that's me. I have CLEAR and GE (which includes TSA Pre-check) That makes doing this an absolute breeze. I use the AirTrain to get in between the terminals. Very quick and easy.
That's me as well.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:59 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Same, especially seeing everytime I fly from T4 to DTW they used gate A53. It is convenient though when I'm out of t2
Unless they've changed it for COVID, I believe the option still exists to take the jitney (shuttle bus) from B18 to B55 (I assume you mean B53), which would be a pretty convenient way to use the Centurion Lounge and then make this flight.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
Unless they've changed it for COVID, I believe the option still exists to take the jitney (shuttle bus) from B18 to B55 (I assume you mean B53), which would be a pretty convenient way to use the Centurion Lounge and then make this flight.
Sorry probably is B53. They always use the last two gates on the DTW RJ flights.

Last I heard the Jitney hasn't going from b18 to b55 since covid just to terrminal 2 which is absurd seeing there is no tram to get to the end gates and they are running the jitney anyway to Terminal 2. I don't really mind the walk anyway and would have to take the same number of steps if I went to the Skyclub anyway or no lounge at all, but can be a pain for someone with mobility issues. The Jitney can also be handy if someone has a tight connection at JFK and they are going from one of the end B gates to Terminal 2
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:09 pm

I see that the CL at JFK closing time changed from 10pm to 9pm 😿😿

Here I thought that with travel increasing and the holidays approaching, we might have 11pm closing pretty soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.