Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by michael1023
....i would be irritated if i had to wait until 7am to get a hot plate...
American Express publishes a sample menu for each lounge, and it shows the hours that each meal is offered. See below the JFK menu and note that Continental Breakfast is offered 6am to 7am, and Breakfast does not start until 7am. Other locations follow a similar pattern.

Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia
American Express publishes a sample menu for each lounge, and it shows the hours that each meal is offered. See below the JFK menu and note that Continental Breakfast is offered 6am to 7am, and Breakfast does not start until 7am. Other locations follow a similar pattern.
i guess thats good to know, unfortunately if I fly Avianca in the fall to GYE and that flight leaves at 0100am, i completely miss out on amex centurion lounge :/

Last edited by mia; Sep 9, 2021 at 4:06 pm
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Am back in the CL and it’s definitely less crowded than the peaks in summer — the lower level is closed until 12.30pm now, but the top floor wasn’t crowded the whole time I was there from 11 onward. However one big issue is there are no blinds on the windows and the lounge faces southeast, so all the seats by the windows get really warm (am now hiding in the relative darkness of the speakeasy).

Here’s the new food spread (I think this lounge goes through menus faster than any other in the system):

Chicken and orecchiette pasta

Roast potatoes and vegetable

Watercress salad with fennel and pomegranate, fruits, and the flan is back

Overall fairly mediocre — not as good as the first steak / mushroom burger menu (which still hasn’t reappeared) or the chicken Milanese and gnocchi (which was my personal favourite), but not as bad as the mashed potato + vegetable days.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
In better news however the showers are open (and have been for two weeks according to reception):

Showers are way nicer than the old ones in the DL Skyclub — water pressure was solid although it took a while to warm up, but one serious oversight is there are zero hooks for clothes / towels / to hang anything… Also the showers are behind the bar/buffet area and you can hear a lot of sound from outside (which presumably means anyone seated in the corner can head the showers too)
michael1023 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:36 pm

I'm traveling with my parents in a few weeks and they've never been in a lounge before. Is this the best lounge at JFK to take them to?
We will be flying Delta and I have lounge access through the Amex Platinum, so I could take them to some Priority Pass Lounges as well. Not sure what terminal we will be in, we will be flying from PWM to JFK to SLC. Anyone have any insights?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mera
I'm traveling with my parents in a few weeks and they've never been in a lounge before. Is this the best lounge at JFK to take them to?
We will be flying Delta and I have lounge access through the Amex Platinum, so I could take them to some Priority Pass Lounges as well. Not sure what terminal we will be in, we will be flying from PWM to JFK to SLC. Anyone have any insights?
You can check out this thread in the DL forum about the relative merits of those two clubs:

Skyclub JFK vs Amex Centurion Lounge?

However if you are connecting through JFK (vs originating) it's going to be a long walk from most DL even in T4, to get to the Cent lounge. OTOH you get two guests free there vs I think $39 apiece at the SC, so maybe decide based on which factor is more important to you and how long your connection time is.

The Wingtips lounge is in PP and slightly closer but at that point IMO you might as well continue on to Centurion.
mera likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 1:52 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by mera
The Centurion Lounge is much better than the Priority Pass lounges at JFK.

On that routing, both flights will be either in JFK T2 (C gates) or T4 (B gates). There is a shuttle bus that connects the two behind security and arrives at gate B18 in T4; the Centurion Lounge is upstairs about halfway between B18 and the A gates. If you arrive in T2 and are departing from T2, it might not be worth going over to T4 for the lounge unless you have a long layover. But if you arrive in or depart from T4, or both, the Centurion Lounge would be worth a stop unless your layover is very short.

You have the option to pay $39 for each of your parents to get them into the SkyClub near B32 or the one in the center of T2, but IMO it is worth going to the Centurion Lounge (where you get 2 guests for free), unless maybe your parents have mobility issues ... it is about a 5-10 minute walk from B32 to the Centurion Lounge.
mera likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:54 pm

Thanks for the responses, I much appreciate it! You all gave me some very good info!!
Old Sep 30, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by truncated
(I think this lounge goes through menus faster than any other in the system):
I was there yesterday and the lunch menu has in fact changed again from your post on the 25th. Now they have a barbecue pork thing, butter bean gratin, and roasted vegetables. The pork was OK, the vegetables were pretty bland and the butter bean gratin was actually disgusting - tasted like bad tap water. Hopefully just an off day.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jm0933
I was there yesterday and the lunch menu has in fact changed again from your post on the 25th. Now they have a barbecue pork thing, butter bean gratin, and roasted vegetables. The pork was OK, the vegetables were pretty bland and the butter bean gratin was actually disgusting - tasted like bad tap water. Hopefully just an off day.
Must have changed again. I was there Sunday and they had chicken, potatoes, some kind of shell pasta in cheese and flan. I wish they would have a sandwich option as well, if I'm there sometimes all I want is a sandwich or something light.

I found out the bartender can make an iced latte. Someone in front of me ordered one and I decided to try one and it was one of the best lattes I've ever had.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Must have changed again.
Just to comment on this, I've been to the IAH lounge a few times in the past 6 weeks and encountered different menus every time. If I were to hypothesize, I'd say that they have a rotation of a few menus that they're varying every day or every couple of days just to change it up, compared to the pre-covid days where they had like an A and a B menu which grew really repetitive in some instances.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:01 pm

Visited this lounge on 9/23 and really enjoyed it. They were overstaffed at the time of my visit because there was an incoming storm and they were anticipating a lot of delayed flights. For those of us in the lounge ahead of time, we were pretty much waited on hand and foot. Cocktails in the speakeasy were fantastic and food was decent all around (although nothing stood out in memory). The equinox lounge was also a really nice touch. They had the normatech leg massager things that are great for loosening up before a flight. If you have 10 minutes to kill I recommend doing a quick session there too.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
Visited this lounge on 9/23 and really enjoyed it. They were overstaffed at the time of my visit because there was an incoming storm and they were anticipating a lot of delayed flights. For those of us in the lounge ahead of time, we were pretty much waited on hand and foot. Cocktails in the speakeasy were fantastic and food was decent all around (although nothing stood out in memory). The equinox lounge was also a really nice touch. They had the normatech leg massager things that are great for loosening up before a flight. If you have 10 minutes to kill I recommend doing a quick session there too.
Have to agree on the lounge and the staff. My new favorite. The drinks, especially in the speakeasy, are great. Terminal 4 check in on Delta can be a mess but I'm now checking in at Terminal 2 and taking the bus across to Terminal 4.

A few months ago I accidentally left my water bottle in the lounge - a rather expensive metal insulated bottle to which I have some level of crazy emotional attachment. I didn't realize it was gone until after I was on the plane. I thought I lost it forever, but had a flight two weeks later. I asked at the front desk even though I believed there was no way anyone would keep it at a lost in found. Sure enough, they had it right next to the desk.

I honestly find the lounge well located, regardless of airline. Yes it can be far from some of the Delta gates far out in the B wing. However, it's right next to security.

Dave
Statman likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by dave456
I honestly find the lounge well located, regardless of airline. Yes it can be far from some of the Delta gates far out in the B wing. However, it's right next to security.
One concern with the location is that it easily accommodates travelers departing out of other terminals, which may ultimately lead to overcrowding if/when travel really gets back up to full strength. I certainly don't begrudge anyone bouncing between terminals to enjoy the lounge but, given that everyone always seems to be asking "how do we reduce overcrowding?", this is something to consider. At the very least, when the dust settles, the Delta lounge offers a comparable alternative if things get crowded.

All the same, this lounge is pretty large and (at the time I visited) there were no issues at all finding food/drinks/seating/etc... crowding concerns here seem to be a conversation for another distant day.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
One concern with the location is that it easily accommodates travelers departing out of other terminals, which may ultimately lead to overcrowding if/when travel really gets back up to full strength. I certainly don't begrudge anyone bouncing between terminals to enjoy the lounge but, given that everyone always seems to be asking "how do we reduce overcrowding?", this is something to consider.
As someone who frequently flies out of Terminal 5 with Jetblue for domestic and Carribean travel - this is exactly why I'm happy the Centurion Lounge is there. It should be easily accessible and not deep set in any terminal. I hear what you are saying about overcrowding, but there can be other solutions to limit that. If I'm an Amex Platinum holder and that's my benefit, I shouldn't have to walk through Guam to reach the Centurion Lounge no matter which terminal I'm departing from. Centurion Lounge access doesn't/shouldn't pertain to those just departing out of Terminal 4...
imnotalawyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.