Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Which airline?
Virgin Atlantic.

Originally Posted by scubadu
Given that T3 @ LHR is closed, seemingly indefinitely, I wouldn't hold my breath for that opening any time soon. Not sure how Amex can say that location is "on track" with any kind of straight face.

Regards
Sad truth. Hopefully by early next year T3 @ LHR will be up and running. The terminal is closed to passengers, but I'm sure some work is still happening inside.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:00 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Wish it was open longer hours. Was hoping to check it out prior to my 11pm EK flight in a few weeks, especially with the EK lounge still being closed. But with the centurion closing at 8pm I guess that means no lounge for me that day.

Hope I can check it out sometime soon though!
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AHC96
Virgin Atlantic.

Sad truth. Hopefully by early next year T3 @ LHR will be up and running. The terminal is closed to passengers, but I'm sure some work is still happening inside.
If your flying Virgin, why not just use their clubhouse? I can't imagine the Am Ex lounge would be nicer than that.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If your flying Virgin, why not just use their clubhouse?
Perhaps not flying in eligible cabin?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mia
My bad, I saw OP was a KLM gold which gives lounge access. I was thinking Virgin was a skyteam member since I always get access to the clubhouse having status on Delta but I forgot Delta had a JV with Virgin and they aren't a skyteam member.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
It's nice to see it open, but as others have mentioned, JFK has some evening flights and closing at 8PM is really not great for those. Especially for my favorite OZ flight in the evening.
It's alright if you take the OZ afternoon flight, but then you land in the evening in Korea so... anyway. Hope it's a great lounge.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
My bad, I saw OP was a KLM gold which gives lounge access. I was thinking Virgin was a skyteam member since I always get access to the clubhouse having status on Delta but I forgot Delta had a JV with Virgin and they aren't a skyteam member.
I do the flights on PE, so no lounge based on cabin. AF/KLM Gold on VS flights are told to use the Qantas lounge at LHR, but can use the Clubhouse at some other airport. Will be curious to compare the Centurion Lounge at JFK to the VS Clubhouse.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gasolin
It's nice to see it open, but as others have mentioned, JFK has some evening flights and closing at 8PM is really not great for those
I'd imagine the hours will extend later once airline schedules get back to normal operations. The currently re-opened lounges are all operating at shorter than pre COVID hours I believe.
Gasolin and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:05 am

https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/jfk/

Lounge is now listed as open as of this morning.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:33 pm

Looks like we already have a review of it as well. The speakeasy bar looks awesome!

https://pointsmilesandmartinis.board...lounge-review/
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Looks like we already have a review of it as well. The speakeasy bar looks awesome!

https://pointsmilesandmartinis.board...lounge-review/
"...I don’t see overcrowding to become an issue here."

It's been hard to really get a sense of this lounge from the reports released so far, and where the layout seems to be broken up over lots of different areas -- but even still, I don't think I would be making that bet. Much depends on how fast travel comes back of course, but if things get back to 2019 levels, I can imagine this lounge will peel off a very large share of the Sky Club clientele, plus picking up a significant number of passengers flying on other airlines.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriff
"...I don’t see overcrowding to become an issue here."
Seriously. Even the not as good Centurion lounges are over crowded because they're better than the other available options. This lounge will be slammed as soon as traffic returns to normal.

This lounge is a great location though, especially if you're not flying out of the deep gates on the far side of the SkyClub. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Even if crowded it'll beat Wingtips any day I'm not flying Delta.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Seriously. Even the not as good Centurion lounges are over crowded because they're better than the other available options. This lounge will be slammed as soon as traffic returns to normal.

This lounge is a great location though, especially if you're not flying out of the deep gates on the far side of the SkyClub. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Even if crowded it'll beat Wingtips any day I'm not flying Delta.
I’m flying DL out of JFK early next month. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Speakeasy looks cool, I just hope they keep it relatively quiet and refined.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:31 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by cmd320
I’m flying DL out of JFK early next month. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Speakeasy looks cool, I just hope they keep it relatively quiet and refined.
That's the other thing -- a lot of the spaces in this lounge look like weird long narrow spaces along the windows (or not, in the case of the speakeasy) that will become a total mess once they're filled with people and luggage. Where are everyone's rollaboard bags supposed to go in the speakeasy?

I don't mean to be ungrateful as I'm sure it will be a nice lounge that I look forward to using, but given that Amex did structural work to the building to create this lounge and was thus a lot less constrained on space than they were at other locations, and given their experience of how these lounges are used at other stations (and surely their internal data about the huge number of Platinum cardholders in NYC), I'm a bit baffled by some of the apparent layout choices.
krazykanuck and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
So I happened to be flying DL out of JFK yesterday and spent a good 2+ hours in the Centurion — wrote something up here: Lounge-hopping in a Pandemic: DL Y JFK - BOS feat. the new JFK T4 Centurion Lounge but have put in some pictures below as well:

Lounge Layout

Speakeasy

Food and Drink
Speakeasy bar menu

Boulevardier

Regular bar menu

Port in a Storm (rye, vermouth, port, bitters)

Full menu and wine list

Farro soup with butternut squash crostini, steak, and a Cosmonot (gin, lemon juice, cointreau, raspberry preserves)

Steak close-up with romesco, taleggio sauce, and potatoes

Mushroom Burger

Fruit and chocolate cake

But the TL;DR is I think it's a really cool space and probably the best lounge in JFK by far (although I've never been into the VS clubhouse, and maybe the DL skydeck is nicer in summer). There were at most like 10 people in the lounge throughout when I was there though, so it's still very empty, but given how terrible the skyclub and LX lounge get in the PM TATL rush (pre-covid) I have a feeling that the Centurion would be similar as well (particularly since no one in their right mind would pick LX or wingtips over this).

In terms of the narrow corridors I don't think they're that bad (PHL certainly feels worse) and I think it's in part a design choice to break up the lounge into lots of smaller areas, and I guess they've also used the central spaces for things like the elevator / stairs / kitchens etc and had the seating outside toward the windows
mia, AeRoSpaceman, Tocsin and 1 others like this.

Last edited by truncated; Oct 12, 2020 at 7:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.