Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Has anyone ever been able to use the Equinox body lab here?
I used it way back during summer 2021 for an early morning flight. They have meditation tracks that are similar to the ones on Equinox+ app, a nice lounge chair, and eye masks to use. It was a great way to power nap or relax before a flight. When I went to the lounge last week, the body lab seemed to be closed (I went around 830am).

Aside - having gone to both LGA and JFK centurion lounges in the past month during breakfast, I'd have to say the LGA one is a lot better in terms of food options. There's twice as many food options at LGA. JFK had alcoholic drinks though, which was nice (maybe LGA had it too but the bar is in a different section so I never really checked).
Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:52 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Hi, I live in NYC and I do this all the time as I go back and forth between T4 and T5 (Flying with Jetblue, but using the Centurion Lounge). Going to T8 will not take 10-20 min. It should be more like 7-10 min from the time you leave the Centurion Lounge to catch the Air Train and get to Terminal 8. The airline terminal trains run pretty frequently. Now, I do agree with the other poster that you might make it depending on if you have TSA-Precheck. If you don't have Pre-check, I wouldn't leave at 10:30 am. I have both CLEAR and TSA Pre-check and that's why I have no issues shuttling back and forth between terminals.

Terminal 8 has Precheck, but not CLEAR.
How much time would you allow currently to get from T4 to T5? Flying JetBlue but have time to visit a lounge. I do have clear and precheck.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by parismama
How much time would you allow currently to get from T4 to T5? Flying JetBlue but have time to visit a lounge. I do have clear and precheck.
Suggest the following thread, particularly my post #7 (of course ). Terminal 4 to Terminal 5 JFK

(I've done it 2 or 3 times since that post, I estimate the walk to be about ½ mile.)

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Sep 16, 2023 at 11:34 am Reason: clarification
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
I was at this lounge on 3/9/24 due to DL Skyclub overcrowding. I found the lounge to be small and there was not much of a selection food wise, but it was nice to be away from the gate during my 3 hour layover.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Dracarys
I was at this lounge on 3/9/24 due to DL Skyclub overcrowding. I found the lounge to be small and there was not much of a selection food wise, but it was nice to be away from the gate during my 3 hour layover.
The JFK Centurion Lounge was allegedly Amex's largest (until Atlanta opened). But it looks and feels much smaller because of the two floor layout, the narrow layout on both floors, and the separation of a bunch of rooms (speakeasy, the Equinox treatment rooms, etc). Both Delta SkyClubs look and feel more expansive.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by Adelphos
The JFK Centurion Lounge was allegedly Amex's largest (until Atlanta opened). But it looks and feels much smaller because of the two floor layout, the narrow layout on both floors, and the separation of a bunch of rooms (speakeasy, the Equinox treatment rooms, etc). Both Delta SkyClubs look and feel more expansive.
I definitely agree with this take! I would go back again, but only if the Skyclub was not available.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Dracarys
I definitely agree with this take! I would go back again, but only if the Skyclub was not available.
I thought it was small too, until I realized there were two floors.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I thought it was small too, until I realized there were two floors.
Even with two floors, it's still feels much smaller than the advertised square footage, at least to me. I don't know if this has changed, but they previously don't open the lower level until like 10 or 11am. The main floor is basically a hallway with chairs in it, and the dining room/bar at the end. The JFK CL is one of my least favorite locations, between the bizarre layout and generally mediocre food. I'll take the SkyClub any day if flying DL, and haven't had a chance to check out the new Chase lounge yet.

That being said, if I can avoid flying out of JFK to begin with, I generally will.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

That being said, if I can avoid flying out of JFK to begin with, I generally will.
For Delta flyers with a few credit cards, there are now five lounges at JFK, with a sixth coming (D1/premium only). They are adding new D1/SkyPriority check in areas, and the downstairs security is very fast. With the new LIRR connect to Grand Central, it is now much easier to get to and from the airport. Aside from long walks at T4, I find JFK is a great airport nowadays and will likely get better
OhDoctor likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:24 am

Programs: Independent
For Delta flyers with a few credit cards, there are now five lounges at JFK, with a sixth coming (D1/premium only). They are adding new D1/SkyPriority check in areas, and the downstairs security is very fast. With the new LIRR connect to Grand Central, it is now much easier to get to and from the airport. Aside from long walks at T4, I find JFK is a great airport nowadays and will likely get better
Problem is most don't have those credit card combos. If you hold a Delta Amex, you can't use the Amex lounge. If you have the Amex, most people aren't also going to hold another premium card, so are just limited to the 3 clubs, unless you are flying international, which a majority of the JFK passengers are not.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Problem is most don't have those credit card combos. If you hold a Delta Amex, you can't use the Amex lounge. If you have the Amex, most people aren't also going to hold another premium card, so are just limited to the 3 clubs, unless you are flying international, which a majority of the JFK passengers are not.
You can get into the Centurion with a DL Amex Reserve.

If you've an Amex Platinum you'll have the choice of Chase, Centurion, Skyclub (if flying DL) and the Priority Pass places. T4 is a great spot for a long layover these days.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
You can get into the Centurion with a DL Amex Reserve.

If you've an Amex Platinum you'll have the choice of Chase, Centurion, Skyclub (if flying DL) and the Priority Pass places. T4 is a great spot for a long layover these days.
Can you gt into the chase lounge with an Amex? I did not know that.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Can you gt into the chase lounge with an Amex? I did not know that.
You can enter a domestic USA Chase lounge, once per year, using any Priority Pass membership, including the one included with American Express Platinum. To enter more often you must have a Priority Pass membership sponsored by Chase.
krazykanuck and Adelphos like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by mia
. To enter more often you must have a Priority Pass membership sponsored by Chase.
Or you can pay $75 per visit after tour first "free" one.

I have debated "re-upgrading" my Chase Sapphire Preferred to the Chase Sapphire Reserve due to these lounges. I figure if I want to use the Chase lounges more than a few times a year, the math works (especially with enhanced earnings on travel/transit).
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Or you can pay $75 per visit after tour first "free" one. I have debated "re-upgrading" my Chase Sapphire Preferred to the Chase Sapphire Reserve due to these lounges. I figure if I want to use the Chase lounges more than a few times a year, the math works (especially with enhanced earnings on travel/transit).
The per visit rate is pretty high, IMO. I have the Ritz Carlton card, which has the same (or better) PP access than the CSR, I just haven't had the chance to check it out yet. I was going to try to visit the LGA one last week but got hung up at work and only arrived at the airport with an hour to spare, so just hit the SkyClub. But this is veering into off topic territory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.