FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Ahem...free local calls.
LOL...I'm old enough to remember when this was important.

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Seriously, I miss the "golden age" of airline clubs (before they became meal replacement distribution centers). If I wanted a buffet, I'd hit Morrison's or the Picadilly on the way to the airport...and that's a big if.
Generally speaking, I'm with you here. I mean, if I were really famished or in the mood for a large meal, at JFK anyway, why not just go to Van's Steakhouse? Or, if in T4 or pressed for time, there's enough restaurants there that would satisfy my cravings much more so than chicken, anyway.

I grew up during an era where these clubs were mostly frequented by business travelers. Though, I've done my share of ragging on Corp middle managers, especially the ones back in the day with their ill-fitting black suits sporting Blackberries (I hated these things and so glad Jobs retired them), at least they were relatively well mannered and schooled on etiquette. These days, in the leisure traveler age, it's like the wild west of anything goes.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Junior1
IMO the best way to do JetBlue T5 and Centurion T4 is to basically use the walkway between terminals. ...

(My usual loquaciousness here: Single Post: Terminal 4 to Terminal 5 JFK.)
NYC Flyer and Visconti like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski

(My usual loquaciousness here: Single Post: Terminal 4 to Terminal 5 JFK.)
This is helpful! I had, like, no idea, until this post.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Visconti
This is helpful! I had, like, no idea, until this post.
You had no idea how verbose I am or how easy it is to walk between JFK T4 - T5?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
You had no idea how verbose I am or how easy it is to walk between JFK T4 - T5?
LOL...so long as a post is helpful to me, it's all good; and, yours certainly was, at that. I had assumed that you're a Medical Doctor, but, who knows, maybe you have a Doctorate in English?
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
LOL...so long as a post is helpful to me, it's all good; and, yours certainly was, at that. I had assumed that you're a Medical Doctor, but, who knows, maybe you have a Doctorate in English?
Thank you for the compliment, I try to include some pertinent helpful information with my rambling. Yes, medical doctor, retired Emergency Medicine and Navy Flight Surgeon. (Anybody can land a plane on a 2 mile long runway! )

(Addendum: "The word doctor comes from the Latin word for 'teacher,' itself from docēre, meaning 'to teach.'", I've always taken that aspect of my profession quite seriously.)
Visconti likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Sep 25, 2022 at 7:51 am Reason: addendum added
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Here now - first time I really experienced a lot of crowding here. They started restricting entry after we got in. More or less every seat full on both levels. Five person line at each bar (upstairs and speakeasy) for drinks.

Im thinking we hit SkyClub later
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Here now - first time I really experienced a lot of crowding here. They started restricting entry after we got in. More or less every seat full on both levels. Five person line at each bar (upstairs and speakeasy) for drinks.

The last time I left the crowded Centurion Lounge for the Skyclub, the Skyclub Buffay Line was as long as most of the bar area.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: Independent
I am flying into JFK terminal 4 Delta on a Tuesday getting at 6:30pm. I have a flight out on JetBlue at 10:50pm, obviously on a different ticket. I know Amnex will let you use the lounge up to 2.5 hours before your flight - is this true even when connecting on different tickets?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:11 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Adelphos

Emphasis on the "later", since the JFK T4 SkyClub has a 15-30 minute line in the evenings every day now. (While being significantly less crowded than it used to get at that time of day ... I guess it is nice Delta is trying to keep it from being a total zoo in there, but I feel like they could let the line move a little faster than it does.)

Originally Posted by Cloudship
I am flying into JFK terminal 4 Delta on a Tuesday getting at 6:30pm. I have a flight out on JetBlue at 10:50pm, obviously on a different ticket. I know Amnex will let you use the lounge up to 2.5 hours before your flight - is this true even when connecting on different tickets?
I believe the Centurion Lounge access rules still officially allow you access for the full duration of your connection, but be prepared to show both incoming and outgoing boarding passes. I don't think Amex would not care that you are on different airlines/tickets. (While there is likely to be a line, you could also consider stopping at the SkyClub--especially if you arrive at B32 or higher--which still allows access to arriving passengers after rolling back that part of the new access rules that were introduced recently.)
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Connection on separate tickets still counts as a connection (and even if it's the same ticket you have to show both boarding passes anyway), so you should have access for the full duration of your connection (or I guess until the Centurion closes at 9pm)
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:19 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I was here at about 4:30 and it was busy but not packed, still a handful of seats here and there (especially in back corners downstairs). Was showing in the app as almost full.

Still, was better than the Sky Club which had a line as I walked past to the gate line today was to the end of the local moving sidewalk, which is on the short side for that line, but probably at least 10 minutes anyway.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: Independent
Sounds like I will be hanging out in the TWA hotel.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
On a Saturday around 5pm - should I expect a wait to get into the JFK Centurion lounge? Saturday domestically is not a peak day but that could be a transatlantic peak.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:47 pm

Shower Status

Anyone know if the showers are back open at the JFK Centurion Lounge? They were closed again several months ago due to staffing shortages (although official line might have been covid) even though they were open early this year.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.