Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Jetblue Plus
I have a trip Nov jfk to Puj, not from NYC but plan on visiting NYC for a day Saturday book hotel at Hilton at JFK,and need to return rental as well flight out of T5 JetBlue 11am. My plan is to drop family off at t5 for baggage and tickets at 6am. Well I returned the rental then meet them at t4 to use the CL.

My question is how long it take from rental to t4. And from t5 to t4 since family is there?

2nd question since flight time is not till 11am and boarding probably around 1015ish what the earliest they will let us in. Plan to go T5 around 930ish like to give myself about 1hr time before flight at gate should be enough time?

3rd how TSA on a Sunday around 11/20 if anyone have experience with that time of the year.I do have CLEAR and wife as well and kids can tag along. Wait for global entry appointment.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 6:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by teltehdog
....flight time is not till 11am....what the earliest they will let us in.
8am. Boarding time is not relevant.

We will be happy to admit you within 3 hours of the departure time stated on your same-day, confirmed boarding pass;
michael1023 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:08 am

it sucks that even IF i wanted to fly with Avianca to GYE, the flight departs at 1am, and everything in the terminal is closed. (centurion lounge included) I guess they just expect us to sit there and twiddle our thumbs at midnight
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
Not too far, relatively speaking for JFK -- if you imagine you are an originating passenger who has just cleared TSA at T4, you would turn left and stay on the same level to get to Centurion, instead of turning right and going down a level to get to the main concourse. From B20, it's slightly closer than the Sky Club is (but obv in the wrong direction from the DL gates, and having to go up a level)
Fast walker (was coming from B44) really not too bad but they were being slow to admit folks so ended up heading to the VS lounge instead so will have to save my JFK Centurion visit for a future trip (delayed outbound means not enough time for lounge hopping)
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL GM
On my most recent flight out of JFK, I got to the CL a little after 8 pm. The person at the CL check-in desk said I was welcome to enter but that they were closing down the bar and wouldn't restock food, so he recommended I visit the SC instead. Fortunately the T4 SC is quite nice, but I'd prefer they kept the CL serving until later if they can't extend the hours. Surely late-night flights are common out of a major international hub.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:36 am

IMO the best way to do JetBlue T5 and Centurion T4 is to basically use the walkway between terminals.

If you want to save time, just head straight to T4 with your luggage and then head to T5 to check-in/board.
If you have extra, extra time you can always check your luggage at T5 and then go to T4 and then go back to T5.

I have Pre-Check and Clear so the lines really were not bad between the 2.

The AirTrain was hit or miss last time I was there and there was only 1 track in use. Not to mention the positioning of the T5 stop means you have to walk almost the equivalent distance of going from T4 to T5 by ground anyways...
dw, Dr Jabadski, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Went from Flagship First dining to the centurion lounge just to check it out. I wish I didn’t. Line out the door with people waiting taking up half the connector between security and the EY/Cent lounges.

I cannot wait for this new guest policy to be implemented. What a joke.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Went from Flagship First dining to the centurion lounge just to check it out. I wish I didn’t. Line out the door with people waiting taking up half the connector between security and the EY/Cent lounges.

I cannot wait for this new guest policy to be implemented. What a joke.
FFD to the centurion lounge would be a huge downgrade, I would’ve stayed. I’m surprised and disappointed, I’ve never seen a line out the door though am usually there on Sundays.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
FFD to the centurion lounge would be a huge downgrade, I would’ve stayed. I’m surprised and disappointed, I’ve never seen a line out the door though am usually there on Sundays.
I enjoyed FFD for about 2 and a half hours and I wanted a change of scenery. The Flagship Lounge was packed when I finished and I had 3 hours til boarding so I figured I’d just check out the CL.

From what I could hear, many people were frustrated at the wait and asked themselves “this just isn’t worth it.” I only waited about 30 minutes as a solo traveler, but I couldn’t help but wish the guest policy had been implemented sooner.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Jetblue Plus
Originally Posted by Junior1
IMO the best way to do JetBlue T5 and Centurion T4 is to basically use the walkway between terminals.

If you want to save time, just head straight to T4 with your luggage and then head to T5 to check-in/board.
If you have extra, extra time you can always check your luggage at T5 and then go to T4 and then go back to T5.

I have Pre-Check and Clear so the lines really were not bad between the 2.

The AirTrain was hit or miss last time I was there and there was only 1 track in use. Not to mention the positioning of the T5 stop means you have to walk almost the equivalent distance of going from T4 to T5 by ground anyways...
Thx for the info. Hopefully there not a line at 6 am on a Monday. If not will be waste of time going from t5 to t4.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:54 am

Wow, pretty crowded yesterday and kind of surprising for a Thursday. There was a line when I had entered and the line was even longer as I exited.

You could see the people waiting were visibly irritated and I could hear mumbling which sounded like discontent as I made my way to the elevator to the gate level. I can't recall seeing the lounge this packed with every seat, as far as I can see, occupied. Based on the Skyclub thread in the DL forums, I imagine the situation there, at least in JFK, would likely be just as bad, if not worse.

The food served was chicken prepared with what appeared to be a very (and, I mean very) mild curry flavor as to not offend the western palate; the sides were a kind of pasta in a cream sauce (not bad, actually) and some potatoes (actually, very good and flavorful). In my estimation, the sides were better than the main course--I mean, it's chicken thighs and with a bone, and I prefer boneless when it comes to chicken, anyway. There appeared to be salad bar, which I...er...didn't have time investigate it, but it appeared pretty good and a wide enough selection. Coffee machines all working and the Speakeasy popular as ever where I had not one, but two of those Espresso Martinis.

All in all, good experience and easy enough to pass the time before my flight, though it just appeared really overcrowded with people sitting in very close proximity, phone call chattering in the background and children crying and playing boisterously throughout some sections. Just a wild guess, but I'm not sure this is the "premium" airport experience many of my fellow cardmembers envision when think of the airport lounge experience.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
I was there this past Monday (9/19) at bout 6:45 AM. No line to get in, there were seats available.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by MW147
I was there this past Monday (9/19) at bout 6:45 AM. No line to get in, there were seats available.
I'm gonna get tons of flack for this, but they should consider doing something about the children and crying babies; or, at the very least, get rid of that "family" room section to the right of the entrance and create some more space for paying cardmembers. I find it inappropriate when paying cardmembers are waiting in a line for access and those love seats (for lack of a better word) have a single child in several of them paying on their game pad type things.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Visconti
All in all, good experience and easy enough to pass the time before my flight, though it just appeared really overcrowded with people sitting in very close proximity, phone call chattering in the background and children crying and playing boisterously throughout some sections. Just a wild guess, but I'm not sure this is the "premium" airport experience many of my fellow cardmembers envision when think of the airport lounge experience.
At the end of the day, these are domestic lounges accessible to all via credit card. When have such lounges ever been "premium" (in the sense of quiet, not crowded, exclusive) in the history of the product type? If I recall the first Centurion Lounge (Las Vegas) was crowded from day 1. Most US airline clubs consisted of suits eating peanuts and pretzels and drinking jack and cokes without any kind of food selection, amenities, etc. These lounges have never been premium in that way
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Most US airline clubs consisted of suits eating peanuts and pretzels and drinking jack and cokes without any kind of food selection, amenities, etc.
Ahem...free local calls.

Seriously, I miss the "golden age" of airline clubs (before they became meal replacement distribution centers). If I wanted a buffet, I'd hit Morrison's or the Picadilly on the way to the airport...and that's a big if.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Sep 23, 2022 at 1:25 pm Reason: amp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.