Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Back in the Centurion today and looks like they’ve reopened the bar seating at both bars. Speakeasy is packed and every seat is taken. And the bartender recognised me from previous visits! Also looks like tipping is very much not the norm today — have only seen one other person out of the past 10 or so leave anything. (Which is surprising compared to past visits where it was more like 50%, but am guessing this is the Thanksgiving crowd)

Oh and the downstairs buffet has proper food again (so no need to bring plates down from the dining area)! (Although the truffle chips they had when it was snack-only did grow on me). The newest menu is disappointing though - more variations on the chicken thighs and pasta theme:

Chicken thighs are also very misleadingly labelled “coq au vin” but tastes nothing like it haha
lax01 and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
We chose to visit the lounge this AM instead of the SkyClub. Good breakfast spread - scrambled eggs, fruit, avocado toast, biscuits and sausage gravy, etc. Downstairs was closed. Nice mimosas to kick off Thanksgiving day. Gate was B30, so maybe a 10 minute walk. I think that is tolerable in terms of a treck to the gate. Ability to skip boarding line with SkyPriority is key. Looking forward to turkey in a few hours.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was there yesterday and it wasn't that crowded between 10am and noon. Cent's have a private reserved area just past the Equinox and I was the only one there. So I enjoyed, breakfast, my free Champagne and Arbelour scotch and slept nearly all the way to LAX in D1. It was a good travel day.
Adelphos and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I was there yesterday and it wasn't that crowded between 10am and noon. Cent's have a private reserved area just past the Equinox and I was the only one there. So I enjoyed, breakfast, my free Champagne and Arbelour scotch and slept nearly all the way to LAX in D1. It was a good travel day.
Oh wow, same one they have in the LAS CL! How was the food? The chicken ok? Sorry, just caught that you had breakfast. Were the eggs dry?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The eggs were fine. It was more impressive that the mini-croissants were fresh. I thought that most all the US clubs had Arbelour? I'm pretty sure I had the same thing at SFO and DFW and maybe MIA. I've not been to LAS in many years so no idea there.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Truffle chips were tasty!
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:33 am

quick question...what lounge options do I have when flying Avianca out of terminal 4 at JFK, flight leaves at 0100AM. i see most are closed, and skyclub only allows if flying with Delta...am I out of luck?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by michael1023
quick question...what lounge options do I have when flying Avianca out of terminal 4 at JFK, flight leaves at 0100AM. i see most are closed, and skyclub only allows if flying with Delta...am I out of luck?
Did you check on the Priority Pass app?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Did you check on the Priority Pass app?
yeah, theres a few lounges, but they all close early. i need something at least open until 11:30, or midnight, i'd figure boarding would start around then

i actually think the daylight savings time affects my flight, so later this year, it will actually leave at 2am from JFK, ugh
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:50 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by michael1023
I think pre-COVID the Wingtips lounge probably would have been open at that time, but it appears it is not right now, and honestly it isn't much to get excited about anyway. And you are correct that you would not be able to access the Sky Club without flying Delta, so you may be out of luck.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:55 am

michael1023 if you are deadset on visiting a lounge I think the only opportunity to do so would involve arriving incredibly early.

The language is a little tricky given that your flight technically departs the following day at 1AM but you might be able to enter the Centurion Lounge at 6PM and hang our until close. Here's the policy from their website.

We will be happy to admit you within 3 hours of the departure time stated on your same-day, confirmed boarding pass; or if your outbound flight departs after the lounge closes for the day, we will admit you as early as 3 hours prior to the lounge closing, subject to available capacity.
Obviously arriving that early probably isn't worth the trouble but just something I wanted to add to stir the pot.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
michael1023 if you are deadset on visiting a lounge I think the only opportunity to do so would involve arriving incredibly early.

The language is a little tricky given that your flight technically departs the following day at 1AM but you might be able to enter the Centurion Lounge at 6PM and hang our until close. Here's the policy from their website.

Obviously arriving that early probably isn't worth the trouble but just something I wanted to add to stir the pot.
thanks. yeah i doubt i would arrive at 6pm, since JFK/NYC is my home, since later this year the flight leaves around 2am, i would i guess arrive around 10:30, 11pm, and by that time,the lounges are closed. i don't exactly know what I will do from 11pm on, since im sure even most shops/dining are closed in T4.

im just trying to gauge between choosing this avianca flight to ecuador vs jetblue, which leaves at a more reasonable time, 2pmish, but i loath the 3x3 seating arrangement, its kind of uncomfortable
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped by from 10:30 to 11 AM on Sunday the 6th. The downstairs bars were marked as "Closed for Cleaning" though the upstairs wasn't too crowded.

The entrance is a little hard to find if you're coming from the Delta Sky Priority screening area. It's not well signed and you have to wade through people coming through the check points. It's also in a dark part of the terminal.

I really liked all the natural light and the tarmac views

Food options are better than at a lot of other lounges due to cutbacks. They also had three local beers on tap and friendly staff.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:49 am

Hi everyone -- some noob questions but just want to be sure:

- we'll be going out of Terminal 2, but plan on checking luggage and clearing security in Terminal 4 to use the Centurion Lounge. Luggage will be routed to the proper flight regardless of the terminal we check luggage right?
- how many minutes before boarding would you leave the lounge to catch the Jitney over to T2?

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2022, 9:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by invisible777
- we'll be going out of Terminal 2, but plan on checking luggage and clearing security in Terminal 4
Which airline are you flying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.