Search
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:00 pm

how have loads been lately weekday evenings?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:05 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by desafino
how have loads been lately weekday evenings?
Weekdays it’s pretty fine up until closing. Weekends can get busy. I wonder if/when the hours are going to be extended past 8 PM?
jamesteroh and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:26 pm

Now open until 10pm per the web site and app

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Weekdays it’s pretty fine up until closing. Weekends can get busy. I wonder if/when the hours are going to be extended past 8 PM?
It's now open until 10pm per the web site and app. Last week it showed 8pm. I'll be there on Wed night to confirm. Just in time for a 10:25pm flight. Would prefer the Centurion lounge to the Skyclub.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:15 am

i assume they serve the hot food to you, and are the showers open? im a sucker for a pre-flight shower, or is it that "closed for your safety" garbage lol

thanks
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by michael1023
i assume they serve the hot food to you, and are the showers open? im a sucker for a pre-flight shower, or is it that "closed for your safety" garbage lol

thanks
No showers still unfortunately. I inquired about it in Miami a week ago and the staff had no idea when they were going to reopen.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by dave456
It's now open until 10pm per the web site and app. Last week it showed 8pm. I'll be there on Wed night to confirm. Just in time for a 10:25pm flight. Would prefer the Centurion lounge to the Skyclub.
Thanks for the update. Not to derail discussion but, on the subject of the Skyclub, it is a pretty worthy competitor at JFK. I had an early morning flight back in June and opted for the SC because it had better morning hours at the time. The lounge was really spacious and, while the breakfast offerings weren't out-of-this-world, they were definitely well-above-average. I am taking an evening flight later this month and will have the opportunity to check out the CL on that trip.
michael1023 and WasKnown like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I was there last week. They stop serving most of the buffet type food around 7 or something and the food offerings after that point are quite pathetic. Was really disappointed in this lounge. Thankfully I had better options to go to.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
I was there last week. They stop serving most of the buffet type food around 7 or something and the food offerings after that point are quite pathetic. Was really disappointed in this lounge. Thankfully I had better options to go to.
The full food selection is now served until 9pm with the abbreviated selection until 9:45pm. Bars open until 9:30. This is now that the full club is open until 10pm.

Food was good. I preferred last months pasta but still not bad at all.

Dave
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dave456
The full food selection is now served until 9pm with the abbreviated selection until 9:45pm. Bars open until 9:30. This is now that the full club is open until 10pm.

Food was good. I preferred last months pasta but still not bad at all.

Dave
So I guess the times have changed since 8/22 then, because I was there before 9pm and they weren't serving hot food.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:25 pm

Two questions:

Is there any issue accessing this lounge if your flight leaves from another, non-connected terminal? Have a flight out of T1 later this month.

what dinner food options are available for this month?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:35 pm

@nas6034 other than the time required to do so, there are no issues accessing this lounge if your flight departs from another terminal. Keep in mind that you will need to clear security at T4, enter the lounge, leave, hop on the tram (I am not sure how pedestrian walking from T4-T1 is), and clear security at T1 before boarding your flight. Having said that, the CL is almost immediately after security, so you don't need to walk far within T4.

Not to dissuade you but T1 does have some decent Priority Pass lounges (Lufthansa Business Class Lounge, KAL Business Class Lounge, Air France Lounge, and the Primeclass Lounge) which will spare you the need to do all of that running around.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
@nas6034 other than the time required to do so, there are no issues accessing this lounge if your flight departs from another terminal. Keep in mind that you will need to clear security at T4, enter the lounge, leave, hop on the tram (I am not sure how pedestrian walking from T4-T1 is), and clear security at T1 before boarding your flight. Having said that, the CL is almost immediately after security, so you don't need to walk far within T4.

Not to dissuade you but T1 does have some decent Priority Pass lounges (Lufthansa Business Class Lounge, KAL Business Class Lounge, Air France Lounge, and the Primeclass Lounge) which will spare you the need to do all of that running around.
Don’t disagree with the T1-T4 hassle and it’d be air train both ways. My flight is at 1120p so most of those T1 lounges will be closed.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 12:57 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by nas6034
Don’t disagree with the T1-T4 hassle and it’d be air train both ways. My flight is at 1120p so most of those T1 lounges will be closed.
Note that the Centurion Lounge closes at 10pm, although you'd have to leave by about then to leave time to get to T1 and through security anyway.

The Prime Class lounge is open until 10:30pm apparently, so that would be the easiest option.

If you're originating in NYC and leaving from home or an office, I don't know that I would bother to get to the airport a bunch early just to go to the Centurion lounge if it requires terminal hopping. If you're connecting or checking out of a hotel and have longer at the airport anyway, then maybe.
imnotalawyer and WasKnown like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stopped by this morning on a short connection from a DL redeye to a B6 onward flight. Crowd of probably 10-15 of us lurking around the door at 6am when it opened. While the lounge opens at 6, the hot food doesn't come out until 7. I know that a slight delay from opening to real food is normal with Centurion Lounges unfortunately, but it's annoying that it's a full hour delay and until 7. There were plenty of people in there before 7 that would have liked it. At about 6:15, I thought about going to the SkyClub and using my inbound BP for access since I was pretty sure they'd have the good stuff out, but didn't want to walk all the way there and back and to T5.

Once the hot food came out they had what was billed as egg white frittata with kale and chorizo hash. The hash was pretty good. The egg white things weren't bad, just incredibly bland. But they're egg whites, so guess that isn't really much of a surprise. Needed hot sauce, or inclusion of an ingredient that wasn't kale or spinach, I think it was kale. They also had pancakes which I didn't try. All the usual suspects of oatmeal, fruit, pastries were out starting at 6.

Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I stopped by this morning on a short connection from a DL redeye to a B6 onward flight. Crowd of probably 10-15 of us lurking around the door at 6am when it opened. While the lounge opens at 6, the hot food doesn't come out until 7. I know that a slight delay from opening to real food is normal with Centurion Lounges unfortunately, but it's annoying that it's a full hour delay and until 7. There were plenty of people in there before 7 that would have liked it. At about 6:15, I thought about going to the SkyClub and using my inbound BP for access since I was pretty sure they'd have the good stuff out, but didn't want to walk all the way there and back and to T5.

Once the hot food came out they had what was billed as egg white frittata with kale and chorizo hash. The hash was pretty good. The egg white things weren't bad, just incredibly bland. But they're egg whites, so guess that isn't really much of a surprise. Needed hot sauce, or inclusion of an ingredient that wasn't kale or spinach, I think it was kale. They also had pancakes which I didn't try. All the usual suspects of oatmeal, fruit, pastries were out starting at 6.
im surprised they dont start serving the hot breakfast right away. im sure the workers are there at least by 530am. i would be irritated if i had to wait until 7am to get a hot plate...
jamesteroh likes this.

Last edited by mia; Sep 9, 2021 at 12:34 pm Reason: Removed quoted image.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.