FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Thanks for the update - was here in mid-March, and when I casually noted to a staff member the menu was the same as my previous visit in October 2020, they did note that the menu was changing soon.
That said, I really liked both the Mushroom sandwich and the steak... But this looks good too.
I think the mushroom sandwich and steak were interesting/decent initially, but got bored of it pretty quickly, and they're not great if they've been sitting out for a while. Also the gnocchi / chicken are more filling if you're looking to make a full meal out of it

Originally Posted by Gasolin
Wait what? UA is doing JFK-SFO again? That's something I might like, well, as long as OZ is in *A.

The food does look much better than in Jan when I swung by.
Correct — inaugural was 3/28, currently 5x weekly each JFK-SFO/LAX but going up to 10x in May: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ar-2021-a.html

Note that there's no PreCheck in T7 and security took forever, but Pre in T4 was very quick (as usual) — probably <5 min from getting off the AirTrain and into the lounge, so plan accordingly
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:22 pm

Stopped by the Centurion on my way back to BOS today and looks like they've changed the menu again:

Didn't get anything to eat since it was 3pm and I had lunch in Chinatown and dinner plans in Boston, but the food definitely looked worse than the second iteration (i.e. the chicken Milanese and the gnocchi) — the bartenders said the switch happened about a week ago, and they agreed the previous menu was better.

Also was talking to the bartenders and they said things are starting to get busy, particularly Mondays and Fridays in the AM, although things were ok when I stopped by (and the lower level was still deserted). So maybe the worries about crowding are definitely justified, although who knows when the TATL rush will resume so that might still provide some breathing room in the evening
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO the new menu is disgusting. Of four main courses, only one is *not* vegetarian.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO the new menu is disgusting. Of four main courses, only one is *not* vegetarian.
Ah I didn't try any of the dishes (since I was there from 2 – 4pm) but agree that none of them looked particularly appealing.

I'm more surprised that they've switched menus twice in the span of 2 months, after not rotating for ~5 months or so since the lounge opened (Was there on 2/28 and had the original steak/mushroom burger menu, then 3/28 was the Italian which was the best of the lot, and on 4/18 we're on this weird stuff).
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In October, I had a very good small plate with rare beef around lunchtime. It was ordered in the food area, and then delivered to my seat (plus a second serving). It was very stylish and a bit creative without being strange or unappealing.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In October, I had a very good small plate with rare beef around lunchtime. It was ordered in the food area, and then delivered to my seat (plus a second serving). It was very stylish and a bit creative without being strange or unappealing.
This was what it was back in November when I was there also. That beef was quite.

I have to agree though, this most recent menu is just strange sounding. It makes me think they had a bunch of random ingredients that were mistakenly purchased and they had to find a way to use them up. That previous menu with the gnocchi and Chicken Milanese looked better.
ual744777sta and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I will be flying JetBlue. How easy is it to get from terminal 5 to terminal 4? Do I need to go thru security again
Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I will be flying JetBlue. How easy is it to get from terminal 5 to terminal 4? Do I need to go thru security again
Yes, all the terminals at JFK are outside security from each other so you will have to re-clear security.

It isn’t hard to get from T5 to T4. If it’s a nice day walking is usually faster than trying to take the AirTrain.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Yes, all the terminals at JFK are outside security from each other so you will have to re-clear security.

It isn’t hard to get from T5 to T4. If it’s a nice day walking is usually faster than trying to take the AirTrain.
‘thanks. I was wondering since I will be dropping off my JetBlue luggage can I drop it off in T5 and then walk to T4 and enter there to use centurion lounge then later exit T4 and walk back to T5/
Old Apr 24, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Keep in mind that T4 has Clear, which can speed things along...
Old Apr 24, 2021, 7:26 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
‘thanks. I was wondering since I will be dropping off my JetBlue luggage can I drop it off in T5 and then walk to T4 and enter there to use centurion lounge then later exit T4 and walk back to T5/
Yes, you could. It would take some time and hassle, but definitely possible. I would definitely get to the airport at least 3 hours before departure if you’re going to try this, and probably more if you don’t have Clear/Precheck/priority security.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, that's certainly possible, without luggage it will be a very easy walk.

Try it on a July evening, after a severely delayed JetBlue flight has cut your connection to SQ down to just over an hour and you have seven minutes to make it from T5 to T4 with all your luggage before SQ check in closes and, well, it becomes a much less easy run. Made it with two minutes to spare though, albeit drenched in sweat. Plenty of champagne and water upon boarding, hah!
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
Yes, you could. It would take some time and hassle, but definitely possible. I would definitely get to the airport at least 3 hours before departure if you’re going to try this, and probably more if you don’t have Clear/Precheck/priority security.
when you exit T4 to go to T5 is it better to walk back or take the air train also, since I am mint I have priority security is there a separate line for both terminals and can I use it twice for T4 and t5
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
Keep in mind that T4 has Clear, which can speed things along...
I don’t have clear but I have mint ticket is it the same
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when you exit T4 to go to T5 is it better to walk back or take the air train also, since I am mint I have priority security is there a separate line for both terminals and can I use it twice for T4 and t5
It depends on how much time you have and how nice the weather is. Obviously in rain/snow/extreme heat you're better off taking the AirTrain since you can stay inside the whole time. If it's a nice day out, it's faster to just walk from 5 to 4, but it's an outside walk along the road, it's not a nice indoor walkway. The AirTrain takes longer because it's positioned a long walk off in the wrong direction from most of T5 because of the placement of the station. In the time it takes to walk from central T5 to the AirTrain station, you will have essentially walked most of the way to T4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.