FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

BringBackTWA Jun 26, 19 10:19 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 31239968)
1 x $100 reimbursed.

Stop doing the 2x50 since 1x100 works now.

On what date did you purchase the $100 GC and how long did it take for the reimbursement to show?

What purchase type did the GC post as?

free_whine Jun 26, 19 11:49 am

Card: Amex platinum (Schwab co-brand)
Selected DL on 6/21
Posted 6/22
Purchased 1x $50 eGift using link in wiki
Posted as LAX-LAX flight
No reimbursement
Meter has not moved

bamin Jun 26, 19 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by jdwood421 (Post 31237970)
A little concerned and trying to understand what (if anything) I did wrong:

Purchased 1 x $50 with my wife's AmEx Gold and everything worked like a charm. Credit registered 2 days after charge posted.

Then...I purchased 1 x $50 with my Aspire. The pending charge officially posted on June 21, but still showing with the "Passenger Ticket" label. I purchased on the desktop site and followed all guidelines. Still no credit as of June 25...third business day. Looks like all recent data points show credit posting 2 business days later. I'm concerned I did something wrong that caused it to actually POST as "Passenger Ticket", but no idea where I screwed up. Thoughts?

I am in the same boat. Purchased $50 on both Aspire & Business Plat and see both posted today as "Passenger Ticket". Will wait before attempting the next purchase.

EasternTraveler Jun 27, 19 6:35 am

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA (Post 31241746)
On what date did you purchase the $100 GC and how long did it take for the reimbursement to show?

What purchase type did the GC post as?

Amex platinum, purchased 6/1, posted 6/12 1x $100 eGift

Up and Down Jun 27, 19 1:00 pm

Card: Personal Platinum
DL Selected
Purchased 4 x $50 e-giftcards via desktop
Posted 6/22
Shows as passenger ticket
No reimbursement as of this time

P2's Gold airline credit worked like a charm last month. I've compared the two charges on each of our accounts and it looks like they coded identically so I'm still hopeful. I also haven't been credited for my Saks online purchase that posted on 6/24...maybe they will all just post at the same time..

jdwood421 Jun 27, 19 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by jdwood421 (Post 31237970)
A little concerned and trying to understand what (if anything) I did wrong:

Purchased 1 x $50 with my wife's AmEx Gold and everything worked like a charm. Credit registered 2 days after charge posted.

Then...I purchased 1 x $50 with my Aspire. The pending charge officially posted on June 21, but still showing with the "Passenger Ticket" label. I purchased on the desktop site and followed all guidelines. Still no credit as of June 25...third business day. Looks like all recent data points show credit posting 2 business days later. I'm concerned I did something wrong that caused it to actually POST as "Passenger Ticket", but no idea where I screwed up. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by bamin (Post 31243184)
I am in the same boat. Purchased $50 on both Aspire & Business Plat and see both posted today as "Passenger Ticket". Will wait before attempting the next purchase.

Yeah....Still nothing for me. Worried something has changed.

mia Jun 27, 19 5:55 pm

Bear in mind that June is the end of a fiscal quarter. American Express could be using the IT resources for other work, or even deferring some expenses into Q3.

syd208 Jun 27, 19 6:35 pm

i'm on the same boat, 5x50 DL gc purchased on June 21 with Aspire card, no reimbursement yet, meter hasn't moved neither.

bradpitch92 Jun 28, 19 7:16 am

I bought $50 gc using amex platinum on 6/24, and still no post and meter hasn't moved. I did already get my Saks gc reimbursed however and purchased that gc on the same day

Global Adventurer Jun 28, 19 8:52 am

Originally Posted by bradpitch92 (Post 31248461)
I bought $50 gc using amex platinum on 6/24, and still no post and meter hasn't moved. I did already get my Saks gc reimbursed however and purchased that gc on the same day

Sometime today I plan on purchasing one (1) $100 egift card and see what happens. If I don't get reimbursed I plan to use it on an upcoming flight. Then I'll try the X$50. I'm hoping the $100 works as one poster reported so I can do another identical transaction after the first one is credited. Good luck to you and me :)

Global Adventurer Jun 28, 19 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer (Post 31248684)
Sometime today I plan on purchasing one (1) $100 egift card and see what happens. If I don't get reimbursed I plan to use it on an upcoming flight. Then I'll try the X$50. I'm hoping the $100 works as one poster reported so I can do another identical transaction after the first one is credited. Good luck to you and me :)

Edit above: I just placed two (2) $100 electronic gift card orders (two separate transactions) on Delta (non-mobile) site. I'm impatient, so I'll see if they both post for a credit. If not, I will use it soon for an upcoming trip and try again purchasing 4 x $50 e-gift cards with separate transactions. Just trying to see if the $100 e-gift card works like the other poster indicated several posts back.

I'll report back when or if I'm credited.

MaxVO Jun 28, 19 3:38 pm

May I suggest that folks post their completed data points. I don't see much value in creating separate posts promising a DP in the future, but nothing useful at the time of posting.

beefninja Jun 28, 19 4:18 pm

Was trying to use up my $250 aspire credit.

Purchased 1x$50 on 6/17. Posted 6/19. Reimbursed on 6/21.
Purchased 2x$50 (separate transactions) on 6/18. Posted 6/20. Reimbursed on 6/22.
Purchased 2x$50 (separate transactions) on 6/22. Posted 6/23. No reimbursement to date. Meter hasn't moved.

Global Adventurer Jun 28, 19 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31250020)
May I suggest that folks post their completed data points. I don't see much value in creating separate posts promising a DP in the future, but nothing useful at the time of posting.

You have a good point there. I'm very guilty of blabbing a little too much without a confirmed data point. Never fear, I'll be back to post my confirmation soon;)

MoonOverMiami Jun 28, 19 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 31244731)
Amex platinum, purchased 6/1, posted 6/12 1x $100 eGift

Caveat emptor!

I had a 6/13 posted $100 eGift card that was credited successfully a day later. I thought the coast was clear and went ahead and ordered up three more $100 eCards across three different cards -- and none of them made the airlines incidentals credit cut.