FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

BringBackTWA Jun 26, 19 10:19 am


Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 31239968)
1 x $100 reimbursed.

Stop doing the 2x50 since 1x100 works now.

On what date did you purchase the $100 GC and how long did it take for the reimbursement to show?

What purchase type did the GC post as?

free_whine Jun 26, 19 11:49 am

Card: Amex platinum (Schwab co-brand)
Selected DL on 6/21
Posted 6/22
Purchased 1x $50 eGift using link in wiki
Posted as LAX-LAX flight
No reimbursement
Meter has not moved

bamin Jun 26, 19 5:53 pm


Originally Posted by jdwood421 (Post 31237970)
A little concerned and trying to understand what (if anything) I did wrong:

Purchased 1 x $50 with my wife's AmEx Gold and everything worked like a charm. Credit registered 2 days after charge posted.

Then...I purchased 1 x $50 with my Aspire. The pending charge officially posted on June 21, but still showing with the "Passenger Ticket" label. I purchased on the desktop site and followed all guidelines. Still no credit as of June 25...third business day. Looks like all recent data points show credit posting 2 business days later. I'm concerned I did something wrong that caused it to actually POST as "Passenger Ticket", but no idea where I screwed up. Thoughts?

I am in the same boat. Purchased $50 on both Aspire & Business Plat and see both posted today as "Passenger Ticket". Will wait before attempting the next purchase.

EasternTraveler Jun 27, 19 6:35 am


Originally Posted by BringBackTWA (Post 31241746)
On what date did you purchase the $100 GC and how long did it take for the reimbursement to show?

What purchase type did the GC post as?

Amex platinum, purchased 6/1, posted 6/12 1x $100 eGift

Up and Down Jun 27, 19 1:00 pm

Card: Personal Platinum
DL Selected
Purchased 4 x $50 e-giftcards via desktop
Posted 6/22
Shows as passenger ticket
No reimbursement as of this time

P2's Gold airline credit worked like a charm last month. I've compared the two charges on each of our accounts and it looks like they coded identically so I'm still hopeful. I also haven't been credited for my Saks online purchase that posted on 6/24...maybe they will all just post at the same time..

jdwood421 Jun 27, 19 3:26 pm


Originally Posted by jdwood421 (Post 31237970)
A little concerned and trying to understand what (if anything) I did wrong:

Purchased 1 x $50 with my wife's AmEx Gold and everything worked like a charm. Credit registered 2 days after charge posted.

Then...I purchased 1 x $50 with my Aspire. The pending charge officially posted on June 21, but still showing with the "Passenger Ticket" label. I purchased on the desktop site and followed all guidelines. Still no credit as of June 25...third business day. Looks like all recent data points show credit posting 2 business days later. I'm concerned I did something wrong that caused it to actually POST as "Passenger Ticket", but no idea where I screwed up. Thoughts?


Originally Posted by bamin (Post 31243184)
I am in the same boat. Purchased $50 on both Aspire & Business Plat and see both posted today as "Passenger Ticket". Will wait before attempting the next purchase.

Yeah....Still nothing for me. Worried something has changed.

mia Jun 27, 19 5:55 pm

Bear in mind that June is the end of a fiscal quarter. American Express could be using the IT resources for other work, or even deferring some expenses into Q3.

syd208 Jun 27, 19 6:35 pm

i'm on the same boat, 5x50 DL gc purchased on June 21 with Aspire card, no reimbursement yet, meter hasn't moved neither.

bradpitch92 Jun 28, 19 7:16 am

I bought $50 gc using amex platinum on 6/24, and still no post and meter hasn't moved. I did already get my Saks gc reimbursed however and purchased that gc on the same day

Global Adventurer Jun 28, 19 8:52 am


Originally Posted by bradpitch92 (Post 31248461)
I bought $50 gc using amex platinum on 6/24, and still no post and meter hasn't moved. I did already get my Saks gc reimbursed however and purchased that gc on the same day

Sometime today I plan on purchasing one (1) $100 egift card and see what happens. If I don't get reimbursed I plan to use it on an upcoming flight. Then I'll try the X$50. I'm hoping the $100 works as one poster reported so I can do another identical transaction after the first one is credited. Good luck to you and me :)

Global Adventurer Jun 28, 19 2:14 pm


Originally Posted by Global Adventurer (Post 31248684)
Sometime today I plan on purchasing one (1) $100 egift card and see what happens. If I don't get reimbursed I plan to use it on an upcoming flight. Then I'll try the X$50. I'm hoping the $100 works as one poster reported so I can do another identical transaction after the first one is credited. Good luck to you and me :)

Edit above: I just placed two (2) $100 electronic gift card orders (two separate transactions) on Delta (non-mobile) site. I'm impatient, so I'll see if they both post for a credit. If not, I will use it soon for an upcoming trip and try again purchasing 4 x $50 e-gift cards with separate transactions. Just trying to see if the $100 e-gift card works like the other poster indicated several posts back.

I'll report back when or if I'm credited.

MaxVO Jun 28, 19 3:38 pm

May I suggest that folks post their completed data points. I don't see much value in creating separate posts promising a DP in the future, but nothing useful at the time of posting.

beefninja Jun 28, 19 4:18 pm

Was trying to use up my $250 aspire credit.

Purchased 1x$50 on 6/17. Posted 6/19. Reimbursed on 6/21.
Purchased 2x$50 (separate transactions) on 6/18. Posted 6/20. Reimbursed on 6/22.
Purchased 2x$50 (separate transactions) on 6/22. Posted 6/23. No reimbursement to date. Meter hasn't moved.

Global Adventurer Jun 28, 19 4:37 pm


Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31250020)
May I suggest that folks post their completed data points. I don't see much value in creating separate posts promising a DP in the future, but nothing useful at the time of posting.

You have a good point there. I'm very guilty of blabbing a little too much without a confirmed data point. Never fear, I'll be back to post my confirmation soon;)

MoonOverMiami Jun 28, 19 5:39 pm


Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 31244731)
Amex platinum, purchased 6/1, posted 6/12 1x $100 eGift

Caveat emptor!

I had a 6/13 posted $100 eGift card that was credited successfully a day later. I thought the coast was clear and went ahead and ordered up three more $100 eCards across three different cards -- and none of them made the airlines incidentals credit cut.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:01 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.