FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

phant0m Nov 13, 19 10:39 am


Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31732847)
Upgrades aren't supposed to be reimbursed.

Are they coded as upgrades when they appear as seat selections on the site?

cargalmn Nov 13, 19 10:50 am

Data Point.

I have $140 credit left on P2's Aspire. We were buying tickets for over $700, so I bought a GC for $500. Then I bought the two tickets for a subtotal in $252 after the GC (I made a last minute change that caused our price to go up by about $20). The charge came through as "Delta Airlines" for $252. Needle on the AmEx site still shows $140 left. I'm not holding out hope that the credit will come through.

I guess I'm buying mileage booster? Will research what else I can do, but it's a DP for $250+ not working for a remaining amount.

trt2117 Nov 13, 19 10:58 am

Does Trip Protection get reimbursed? got a bunch of extra delta credit this year (200 on plat and 50 on gold) and might as well use it on something.

trt2117 Nov 13, 19 11:01 am


Originally Posted by trt2117 (Post 31732948)
Does Trip Protection get reimbursed? got a bunch of extra delta credit this year (200 on plat and 50 on gold) and might as well use it on something.

Have one last flight on delta in December. Didn't use credits on flight itself since I didn't pay for it but want some way to get use out of the remaining 250 credits. One can only order so many drinks on the flight!

MSPeconomist Nov 13, 19 11:04 am

Buy RDMs?

Rainyjason Nov 13, 19 11:12 am

Desktop or mobile
 
hi! Did you buy the mile booster via app/phone or computer? Thanks for your time!


Originally Posted by rice4u (Post 31730548)
Update:

Great news. Was credit today "NOV11 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement ". If anyone don't know what to do with their $250 travel credit on their Hilton Apsire, you can use on Mile Booster on Delta flights. I probably spend the rest on mile booster.


toka1 Nov 13, 19 11:15 am


Originally Posted by cargalmn (Post 31732925)
Data Point.

I have $140 credit left on P2's Aspire. We were buying tickets for over $700, so I bought a GC for $500. Then I bought the two tickets for a subtotal in $252 after the GC (I made a last minute change that caused our price to go up by about $20). The charge came through as "Delta Airlines" for $252. Needle on the AmEx site still shows $140 left. I'm not holding out hope that the credit will come through.

I guess I'm buying mileage booster? Will research what else I can do, but it's a DP for $250+ not working for a remaining amount.

when you bought the ticket?

goblue2006 Nov 13, 19 12:52 pm


Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31732845)
To get the $96 reimbursement, you need to use two $50 gift cards, one for each ticket.

When I bought three tickets (for math lets say they were 300 each), and I used 3x50 gift cards. It posted as three separate transactions. 2 tickets were tickets at $300 each and one was for "additional collection" of 150; meter moved, etc.

Logan12348 Nov 13, 19 1:52 pm

$151 on Amex Plat
$201 on Hilton Aspire ... both were credited

toka1 Nov 13, 19 2:15 pm


Originally Posted by Logan12348 (Post 31733623)
$151 on Amex Plat
$201 on Hilton Aspire ... both were credited

When the ticket purchased? Thanks

toka1 Nov 13, 19 2:17 pm

Delta ticket $240 after GC posted on 11/11, meter moved 11/14. refund 11/15

mehudson Nov 13, 19 2:42 pm


Originally Posted by rice4u (Post 31730548)
Update:

Great news. Was credit today "NOV11 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement ". If anyone don't know what to do with their $250 travel credit on their Hilton Apsire, you can use on Mile Booster on Delta flights. I probably spend the rest on mile booster.

The $44 mileage booster worked for me, but I need to try the $56 booster. Thanks

cargalmn Nov 13, 19 3:39 pm


Originally Posted by toka1 (Post 31733006)
when you bought the ticket?

Purchased on 7-November from a desktop PC on Chrome.

cfabar1 Nov 13, 19 4:19 pm

Can I just buy extra SkyMiles? I know they’re a horrible price, but this credit is so inconvenient to use. Very likely I will downgrade cards next year because I don’t see the point of this credit anymore.

Rainyjason Nov 13, 19 5:57 pm


Originally Posted by mehudson (Post 31733785)
The $44 mileage booster worked for me, but I need to try the $56 booster. Thanks

did you buy the mileage booster via desktop or mobile? Does it even matter?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:10 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.